Smile

What´s this?

After waiting a few seconds alone in the corridor, I was really considering going to find Earn but I kept myself for doing it.

In the end I went back to the classroom. I was really worried about Earn. I knew that he definitely went to confess directly to Noh. Why he do that to himself?

I saw the time in my cell phone, it was getting late and he didn’t come yet. I was about to call him but he entered the classroom in the exact moment that the teacher did it.

Something broke inside of my chest when I saw his face. I knew him well enough to know that he was refraining himself from crying.

-Are you ok?-I whispered when he sat down beside me

-I’m not-he said and he voice cracked at the end

I had the urge to hug him, hold him and tell him that he will be better. But not even I was sure about that.

The class passed by and soon the lunch time came. All the class disappeared when the bell rang and only Earn and I were left alone. I stood up and turned to look at him.

-Aren’t you going to have lunch?-

-Go ahead-he said with his head down

-Isn’t healthy skip breakfast-I said and smiled a little

-Just leave me alone Pete-he said harshly

Why I even care? I thought and without trying more I exited the classroom. After having my lunch I returned to the classroom to finish the classes. Right after the last class ended Earn left without saying a word.

I returned to my house and tried to contact him but like the other times he avoid me. I wanted so bad do something to make him happy. Even try to convince Noh to date Earn but I knew that was impossible, because Noh was not interested in Earn in that way.

The morning came too soon maybe because I didn’t have a good sleep at all. When I left my bed the tiredness filled my body. Stupid Earn making me feel worried about him.

I took a shower to awake me completely before going to school.

-You had a hard night Pete?-one of my friends told me when I arrived to the classroom

-Someone kept you awake?-another said with a ert tone

-Kind of-I said bitterly

-oh~~ that’s why you look like crap hahaha-a third one said

I had to laugh at that because that was exactly how I felt, like crap.

The time to begin the class came and Earn didn’t arrive to class. Is he being serious? I totally understand his depression but today was an important day. Today was the final for the Live Contest for god’s sake!!. I looked ahead of me to make sure that the teacher wasn’t looking my way and took my cell phone out. I was going to call Earn but in the last second I desisted to do it. After all there was no point to do it, surely he isn’t going to answer.

After the first class ended I excused myself saying that I was not feeling good, and in some way it was true, all to be able to exit the school. I don’t know why, maybe because I didn’t look good or maybe because I was being lucky the teacher allowed me to return to my house.

I took a taxi and gave the driver the address of Earn’s house. The closer I was getting to his house, the less confident I felt. What I was going to say? The end of the ride came and I dropped out of the taxi after paying.

I breathe in deeply and walked toward the principal door. Like lately this past days Earn’s mom opened the door.

-Hello Pete-he said happily-Are you here to see Earn?-

-Yes, is he in home?-

-Yeah, but I don’t know what’s wrong with him, he didn’t want to go to school-she said worriedly-do you know something?-

-I…I don’t know ma'am-I felt guilty for lying her-can I come in?-

-Oh! yeah yeah haha come in-she said with a hint of embarrassment in his voice 

-Thanks-I said politely and stepped in

-He’s in his room-she said and left right away

Without saying more I made my way toward Earn’s room. I was stood in front of his door but I didn’t know if barge in or knock the door. I was felling nervous again.

-F**k this-I said and without warning I opened the door

The first thing I saw was his briefcase on the floor. I giggled and the turned my gaze to the bed where the owner of the room was. I walked a little more until I was able to see his face. His eyes were closed.

-Earn-I said lowly but hard enough for him to listen

-What are you doing here?-he said without opening his eyes-Are you ditching school?-he said with mockery in his voice

-I am, because of you-I said loudly while sitting down on the edge of his bed

An awkward silence grew between us. But I was not feeling like bear this anymore so in the end I was the one to end the silence.

-So, what happened?-

-With what?-he said and finally opened his eyes

-Don’t play fool with me-I said a little upset

-I was hoping for him to accept me-he made a little pause-but in the end I suppose I’m not the one for him-he said and sounded totally devastated   

I didn’t know what to say. Unconsciously I put my hand in his head and patted him. It was hard to see him like this.

-Can you please leave me alone?-he said suddenly while turning his back at me and pulling his blanket until only his hair was visible

I could feel how anger was increasing inside my body by his actions. Is he being serious?! I was beyond upset so with all my strength I pulled away the blanket until it was on the floor.

-Hey!-he snapped out by my action and turned face up

-Stop being a fu***ing crybaby!!-I shouted him-I’m so fu***ing done with you attitude!! Can you please stop being so fu***ing depressive?!-I was shouting at him without rest-Just move on and return to be yourself!!-I told him totally angry

Without being conscious about the entire situation I climbed on top of him and began to tickle him without mercy.

-hahahaha st…stop Pe..pete hahahaha-he was laughing his off

-What did you say? Sorry I can’t hear you-I said mockingly without stopping my administrations of tickles

I was enjoying myself seeing him laugh. In our childhood days I used to cheer him using his weak spot, the tickles. Suddenly I felt how my body was flipped around in the bed, my back was now pressed against the mattress and all my movements were stopped.

-I told you to stop!-Earn said totally out of breath

I looked up at him. And without being able to contain myself I smiled widely.

-You’re smiling-I told him while looking at his eyes

He didn’t answer me and by his silence I was able to be aware of what was happening. I was pressed against the mattress and Earn was on top of me. I panicked and could felt how my face heated up.