Love's Conseqence, Pain's Answer

Not the Only One

It's over, JungKook. I'm leaving you.

He sighed as more tears filled his eyes. JungKook had never been ready to let go of her, and he had never wanted to, either.

Seohyun had walked out a few days ago, and nothing but her memory was left in his apartment. She'd taken everything that belonged to her; JungKook had supposed it would've been easier that way, with nothing to remind him of Seohyun, but it hadn't helped a bit.

He sat up on his bed and hugged his knees to his chest, shutting his eyes to relieve the stinging of the tears that wouldn't go away.

JungKook heard his front door open, and he thought for a split second that maybe it was Seohyun, but he quickly came to his senses and knew it wasn't. Seohyun wouldn't have wanted to come back. She made it pretty clear the first time. Instead, JungKook heard footsteps approaching his bedroom and a knock on the door.

He hugged his knees tighter and squinted his already closed eyes. "Go away, I don't wanna talk," he seethed.

"JungKook, please come out," Jimin's voice requested gently. If he was being entirely honest, JungKook preferred Jimin to all of his hyungs to when it came to this stuff. Something about him was slightly more comforting, but that didn't change the fact that JungKook wouldn't open the door for anyone, not even Park Jimin.

"Hyung, leave me alone," he said.

"Have you eaten?" Jimin asked softly. JungKook broke down into tears, trying to bite down on his shirt to silence the loud sobs erupting from his throat. Seohyun used to always ask him that, and now she hardly even cared that he existed. You didn't have to leave, Seohyun, he thought to himself.

"N-No," JungKook choked out.

"Why not? JungKook, come on, let me in," Jimin stated.

"No, Jimin! Forget it! I don't want you in here! I don't want anything to eat, okay? I ate breakfast! I'm fine, now go away!" JungKook snapped.

If Seohyun caused him this much pain, how did he start loving her in the first place?