Swimming Pools

Not the Only One

"Hani! Oh Hani!" Jungkook shouted out of breath. Rain pelted him like stones being thrown at him. His shoes became heavy for the rain seeping quickly through his black converse. His legs were constantly moving towards the prize. 

Hani's head automatically perked up. She looked to her right, and saw a figure running towards her. She immediately wiped the flood of tears from her eyes. "Jungkook," she said. She focused her eyes to see as the figure continous came closer, the more recognizable it was, "Oh my goodness, Jungkook?!" Hani shouted in realization. Her hand clasped around . 

He jogged through the open iron gate, and stopped. His eyes lit up in a new sense of vigor, excitement, and adrenaline. "Hani!" he exclaimed. He quickly ran to her, and hugged her. She gasped. His arms gripped tightly against her shoulders and her back.

"Where did you go? You left so suddenly. You didn't bother to tell me. Did I come off too strong? Did I make you uncomfortable?" he asked in nervous and messy jumble.

"No, you didn't." she said quietly. Jungkook pulled back to see her face. Her hand balled in a fist. He grabbed her fist, and forced it to open. A crushed photo fell to the concrete. She grabbed her hand back. She reached to pick it up, but Jungkook beat her to it. 

"What's this?" he fixed the photo, and stared at it. His eyes widened. Hani tried to snatched the photo from his hands, but he pulled back. 

"Is this because of that bastard?" Jungkook asked with an upset tone. 

"Jungkook ssi." 

"Is he here?" 

"Please." 

"Forgive me." Jungkook moved past her to the door. Hani grabbed his forearm. 

"Please don't do this! I'm okay! Please don't hurt him! I beg you! Please don't hurt him!" she pleaded. He huffed in annoyance. 

"Why? Why shouldn't I kill that person? It's his fault that you were in the hospital! If I wasn't there that day, you would've died!"

"What if I wanted to die?! I didn't ask you to save me! I took those pills on purpose! I made myself like this!

"Hani." 

They stood in silence. The rain continued to fall as if memories were pouring from their broken hearts. The rain spoke of many sorrows. The rain spoke of pain. Memories of the broken-hearted poured to the black hole of nothingness. 

"Come with me." Jungkook grabbed her wrist, and they both stalked into the rain.


JungKook shook his head vigorously as he pulled Hani into the bar to get rid of the water in his hair, like a dog shaking off the water. And even though there was music blasting way too loud, he could still hear Hani's cute little giggle. He completely forgot for a moment that she had been talking about suicide earlier.

And he thought for a second whether he should actually allow her to have alcohol, considering that was how she ed herself up in the first place, almost died with those pills drowning in soju in her small body.

JungKook dropped her hand and looked at her hopefully. "What?" she asked, and though her voice was soft (it always had been), he could still hear her. Maybe the music wasn't that much problem after all. He glanced to the floor.

"Hani, I want you to promise me you're okay tonight."

"What do you mean-"

"If you took anything before we came here, I need to know. If you took anything at all-"

"JungKook, why would I take anything? You just grabbed me and we left. I wouldn't have time to think about it. I told you, I'm okay," she assured him. He nodded grimly and pulled her to the bar.

"I don't get it, Hani," he said before he called the bartender over, ordering both of them a soju.

"What don't you get?"

"Why you would commit suicide. You have a nice life-"

"Don't you think I know that?!" She scorned, and JungKook was simply drawn to her voice because it was so much louder than normal. He blinked at her with wide, confused eyes, and oh, how it pissed her off. "I've heard it before! Don't you think I feel bad enough already? I don't want to know how good my life is, because for several months, up until I was in that hospital, I wanted to die. It was my choice and when I made it, I had accepted the consequences. Now, I have consequences because I hurt family and friends! Why am I even here with you, JungKook?" She yelled at him, tears dripping off her cheeks and about 30 pairs of eyes on her. Like the night she wanted to die. But she was only looking at JungKook through her tear-blurred vision as she got out of her seat.

JungKook choked up and looked to the counter, squinting his eyes shut just in case Seohyun's memories would pop up if he opened them. There was one fight, a few months after they started dating. "Why am I still here?!" She had sobbed, and he shook his head and took her hand. He pressed his lips against the top of her hand and hugged her. "Because people fight, but it doesn't mean they hate each other."

"Hani, please sit down," he said softly, his voice cracking as he looked back at her. People had started returning to their conversations.

"Answer me first," She demanded.

"You're here because I've learned it's a lot easier to forget about something once in a while than have to force it down your own throat and choke on it, so sit down," he replied. Hani took a few shaky breaths and stood there, trembling for a moment. "It's okay to cry, Hani. But I bought you a soju and I don't want to get drunk by myself. So sit down, please," JungKook ordered gently. Hani sat down, planted her elbows on the counter, and buried her face in her palms.

"I don't even have to be here. You're not even that great," she whimpered.

"Mmm, but you're here, anyway. I admire your sense of restraint- I mean, manners, for not leaving me. So drink," he answered with a bitter tone and a bit of sarcasm. Hani looked up at him and saw him downing half a glass of soju.

"You look dumb."

"I am dumb, but drink the soju anyway, because my money is still money, and that bastard will still be in your dreams if you don't drink it," JungKook replied as he put the glass down. Hani raised the glass to her lips and drank. "There we go. The soju is really expensive here, so I hope for my wallet's sake that you get drunk quickly."

She smirked. "You're so lame."

"And I should've brought more money because I'll run out before I'm drunk," he chuckled as he took another sip.

 


AN: HELLO PEOPLE ITS ILIKEBEINME2411! HOPE U LIKE THE CHAPTER!! WELCOME TO THE STORY! I AM ONE OF THE COAUTHORS! THIS CHAP I STARTED OFF THEN BIASEDONARON1 WROTE. WE ALTERNATE WHO STARTS OFF YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE. REMEMBER TO COMMENT! I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!