Drowning

Not the Only One

"Oh Hani." a stern, cold voice said. She quickly snatched her hand away from the stranger when he attempted to grab it. Her attention directly stared in the man she didn't want to see. Her stomach dropped in fear. A shaky and fragile smile graced her lips. 

"A-Ah, Seungjo. What are you doing here?" he glared at her with menacing eyes.

"I should be asking you that. What do you want?" he demanded. She bowed her head slightly. 

"What do you mean?" she asked. 

"You want attention, right? I'm the bad guy. Is this how you want it? Is this revenge because I broke your idiotic heart?" Seungjo reprimanded her. Tears dripped from her eyes.

"Seungjo ah, t-that's not what I wanted. I-It's just-"

"What?" he interrupted her. She gulped.

"Nothing."

"Don't do things like this, it's childish and annoying." Seungjo left without batting an eye. She looked to her side, and saw the stranger daydreaming. He seemed sadden and arkward albeit. 

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He blinked, took a deep breath, and looked up at her. She raised a gentle smile.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. Are you okay? I kinda blinked out," he stated. She sighed. 

"I could tell. Nothing, just a few hurtful words and I'm too sensitive," she replied, going back in the room. He followed.

"That's okay. What'd he say, though?" Hani sighed again. 

"He said enough to make me feel guilty for what I tried to do." 

"And, what was that?" He asked. She climbed into her bed, and pulled the covers over her legs. She pulled a clump of hair behind her ear.

"Suicide." She said pulling her knees to her chin. His eyes widen. 

"Suicide?" He asked in shock more to himself than her.

"Yeah."

"Um, can I ask why?" 

"Sure, remember the that person from earlier?" He nodded.

"He's the reason," arkward silence quickly entered, "I'm the idiotic, Oh Hani from Class F," she said. The stranger sat down in the wooden chair, and scooted to the bed. 

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook introduced himself. Hani stared at him.

"Jeon Jungkook? My boyfriend," Hani asked with slight teasing, and mischief in her voice. A small chesire smirk stretched on her lips. Jungkook flushed in embrassment. 

"T-That was the only way for me to stay here longer with you." He stuttered timidly. She giggled. He stared at his sweaty hands. The door suddenly opened, revealing three men bustling through it.

"Yah, I told you not to do just this!" the eldest scolded the others. Jungkook perked in surprise.

"Oh, Jin hyung." Jungkook said. 

"Ah, Jungkook ah. I see you're visiting Hani ssi," Jin said. He directed his gaze to her, "Hello, I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin." 

"Hello." Hani greeted shyly, bowing her head in respect. 

"Woah, she's so cute!" the man next to Jin, named Taehyung exclaimed. Hani blushed deeply, bowing her head even more. Jungkook huffed.

"Yah!" He shouted annoyed. Hani jumped. Jungkook realized what he had done, and sighed. 

"Someone's jealous," Jimin smirked as he pulled another chair from the corner of the room. Jungkook huffed once again, "How old are you?" Jimin asked.

"Mianhaeyo, Hani ssi." Jungkook apologized.

"It's okay, I'm eighteen years old," She said.

"Ah, geurae? We're older than you." Jin said. She nodded in acknowledgement. Silence filled the room again.


JungKook smiled at the fact that she was younger than him. He'd always been the maknae, so it felt nice that some one was a bit younger. "Woah, you're even younger than JungKook!" Jimin stated, looking to the boy.

"Jinjja?" Hani asked, looking up to meet his eyes. He nodded gently. "How old are you?"

"I'm just 20. It's not that big a deal-"

"Hell yeah, it is! You see, JungKook here is a Noona-chaser," Taehyung giggled, throwing his arm around JungKook's shoulders. And the younger's eyes went wide with fury as he shoved him off.

"Hyung, how many times have I told you to not ing do that?" He hissed loudly. All eyes in the room were on him, even Hani's. So he stood up straight, sighed and stared at the floor. "Hani, I'm really sorry. Taehyung just-"

"No, JungKook, you were the one who snapped-" Taehyung was cut off by JungKook's sharp glare.

"It doesn't matter. And I'm not a Noona-chaser, Hani. He's kidding around," he told her with a light smile.

"Oh, yeah? Well, what was Se-"

"Taehyung, stop it," Jimin interrupted him softly, touching his arm. Hani looked to them expectantly.

"What was what?" She asked, shifting her confused glance between JungKook and Jimin.

"Ah, that's a story for another day! Bye, Hani-ah!" Jimin stated with a gleaming smile as he left with Taehyung. Jin smiled at Hani.

"So, I'll need to be going soon, too, because I'm their ride and they're both gonna get cranky if I don't go soon. And do you mind if I borrow JungKook for a second, Hani?" Jin asked, taking his arm. Hani nodded. "Thanks," he said as he pulled JungKook out.

"Hyung, what are you- Ow, stop! Stop, that hurts!" He whined as Jin's grip tightened around his arm.

"JungKook, quit it. I told you this would happen. I freaking told you," the guy said.

"What are you talking about? Hyung, let go of me!" JungKook struggled.

"I told you that this was bad for you! You're losing your mind. And if you freaking say you're not, I will-"

"Hyung," he stated sharply. Jin finally looked at him and met his intense glance. JungKook pushed his hand down. "I'm really not a baby anymore. I'm not losing my mind. Hani is good for me. That poor girl has to have someone with her, and I have to have someone to take care of. It's just how I work. I'm getting better," he assured the guy. Jin softened his gaze.

"But-"

"I really am. I haven't been here long at all and I'm already smiling again with Hani," JungKook cut him off. Jin bit his lip anxiously.

"Okay, but you have to come home tonight. Really, I'm serious. Yuri and I would be happy to have you if you don't want to go to your house. Or go to Jimin's. I'll have him call me if you do," he said. JungKook smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Hyung. I'll call you when I get home, okay? Go get some sleep and pay attention to your poor girlfriend instead of worrying about me. I bet Yuri's worried about both of us, so tell her I'm fine and take care of her," JungKook said. Jin nodded and left, and the boy went back in the room.

"Are you gonna leave me?" Hani asked, her eyes filled with tears. JungKook took a quick peek outside the room to make sure Jin was gone. Then he grinned mischeivously and eagerly ran to the chair next to her bed.

"Hell no. I'm staying here whether Jin likes it or not," he whispered.