Demons

Not the Only One

JungKook snapped awake at the sound of whimpers. He sat up from the uncomfortable couch next to Hani's bed and stood up, turning on the light. "Hani-ah, are you okay?" He asked softly, going over to the side of her bed. She was squirming around in her bed, so he touched her shoulder. To be honest, he was freaking out completely on the inside, worrying about whether the drugs weren't fully out of her system and whether she was okay. But on the outside, he still looked calm, ready to help if he was needed. "Hani, please wake up," he whispered, gently shaking her shoulder.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She whined, eyes still closed. Okay, maybe he was a little more afraid now.

"Why are you sorry? Hani?" He repeated as he put both hands on her shoulder and pushed softly.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hani, please! Please wake up!" JungKook whispered loudly. Hani slowly opened her eyes and whimpered as she saw JungKook, pulling the covers over her head.

"JungKook-ssi, go away," she said. JungKook pulled the covers down and smiled as he saw her face.

"Hani, you're not very good at hiding," he giggled. She whimpered again and avoided his eyes. "What's wrong? And why were you saying sorry to me?"

Hani's eyes went wide with fear and JungKook's smile faded. "Hani?" He said. She sat up quickly and groaned in pain as she held her head. "Oh, don't do that, you'll hurt yourself. You still need to recover," he said, resting a hand against her forehead, and Hani slowly let her hands fall to her sides and her head lower to the pillow. "What happened?"

"I just had a bad dream, JungKook. No need to worry," she lied. JungKook shook his head.

"Can I sit with you?" He asked softly. Hani nodded and scooted over so he could stay in the bed with her. As he lay down next to her, he found her small fingers and tangled them with his. Hani adjusted herself to face him on her side and he faced her. JungKook noticed her eyes were focused intently on him, glazed over and numb to match the rest of her expression. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I swear-"

"Then why were you saying sorry in your sleep?" He cut her off. Hani's eyes filled with tears again.

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my unrequited crush, SeungJo. He's the guy from yesterday, and I wanted to apologize to him for attempting suicide, because he was yelling at me for it yesterday, trying to paint him as the bad guy. And I was telling him sorry in my dream..." Hani answered tearfully. JungKook sighed and scooted closer to her.

"You don't have to say sorry to anyone, Hani," he told her.

"But he-"

"Especially not that bastard. He doesn't deserve an apology for anything. He should be saying sorry to you," JungKook stated. Hani blinked away tears and took her hand away.

"Will you sleep with me for the rest of the night?" She pleaded. JungKook smiled and got out of bed to turn off the light.

"I'd love to," he said as he got under the blanket that Hani held up for him. He wrapped his arms around her body carefully, and he couldn't see it, but Hani was smiling as she cuddled up to his chest warmly.


 "Hani ah. Wake up." her eyes opened slowly. She looked around, and saw her father. Jungkook was gone. Her father's eyes intensely stared at her. She avoided his gaze.

"Appa?" she asked. She sat up slowly, still avoiding the gaze of her father. 

"Hani ah, why are you like this?" her father asked with disappointment noticeable in his voice. Hani released a shaky sigh. Her palms started to sweat profusely. She gulped a lump of guilt in fustration. She whimpered. Small tears slid like smooth river water down the bridge of her nose. 

"Mianhae, I was wrong. I didn't mean to do it." she cried out. She sobbed.

"You didn't mean to attempt suicide? What kind of crap is that?! What you did was careless! Not only have you burdened youself, you burdened another family! Living is something not to be tampered with! Foolishness like this needs to end!" he unmercilessly scolded her. Her sobbing increased in volume. 

"I'm sorry! I was wrong! T-the pain is too much for me to bear! It h-hurts so much. My heart is in pain." she hiccupped.

"What about Minah and Juri? What about Joongu? Huh? What about your poor father?! You only thought of yourself! Didn't you think about the repercussions of what you attempted?!" he shouted in anger. She sobbed even harder. 

He quickly stood up from his chair, and grabbed her in a tight embrace. He gently pat her back to comfort her broken and burnt soul. 

"I know. I know. Mianhae. It's time to move out. I'm taking you home today, we're packing up our stuff, and going to our new house."

"New house? How?" he sighed.

"Don't worry about that, just know that we have a new home." he reassured her.

With a shaky sigh, she replied, "Arraseo."