I Mean it

Not the Only One

Hani sighed. There was nothing for her to do. She was in a white, colorless room by herself. The ordorless room annoyed her to no end. All there was just an IV cord in her right wrist. Emptiness crept in her heart like scandalous claws. Guilt blanketed her stomach. She almost commited the ultimate sin.

"Ah, that's right." she muttered to herself responding to her mind. Behind her bed, a red button on the wall along with other buttons. She pushed it. No sound came out. 

A few minutes, the nurse from yesterday opened the door. "Is there anything I could help you with?" she asked monotonously. Her eyes slightly twitched and twinged in annoyance.

"I want to walk outside." Hani said ever so soft and quietly. The nurse sighed more than she did breathing, and walked towards Hani's bed.

"Fine, just stand up." she commanded. Hani removed the covers, and stood up. 


JungKook smiled as he saw the girl walk out of the room with that blood-IV thingy (he couldn't determine the name as he'd only been to the hospital twice at most). He tried to take her hand but she snatched it away and smiled at the guy in front of them. He was hurt for a moment, but she seemed to know this guy, and it was better not to hold hands with a stranger, right?

But did he still count as a stranger? Really? Even though he held her and brought her to the ambulance, and he went to the hospital with her? Did that still make him a stranger?

And she said she didn't even want to see this guy! Why did she suddenly like him?

JungKook knew they were talking, but he was so focused on overthinking the situation that not one of their words registered in his brain. Oh my god, what if those two were a thing and I just ruined the moment?

But she didn't want to see him!

But I just made things super awkward! She'll want me to leave now! 

JungKook, what the hell? Why does that even matter? You're here to comfort her.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a girl has wanted to get away from me...

And somehow, he reached the thought of Seohyun. Her innocent smile and cute giggle and her wonderful personality. JungKook felt the wave of pain that came over him when Seohyun looked up in his eyes and looked away again. "JungKook, I'm breaking up with you." And he just stood there in front of her with his mouth open slightly and a million thoughts racing through his head. A minute had passed before JungKook met her gaze with teary eyes. "Why?"

And Seohyun absolutely crushed his heart when she mentioned one of the few reasons was because he wasn't as mature as she was. But hey, that was expected, wasn't it? She was 25 and he was only 20, so why the wouldn't she say it? That was everyone else's reason, anyway. Too young to understand the world, right?

Bull.

"Hey, are you okay?" The girls asked him, putting a hand on his shoulder. JungKook blinked and took a deep breath when he looked in her eyes, unaware of how long he'd been too deep in his thoughts. She gave him a gentle smile, but there were tears in her eyes. And the guy was gone.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. Are you okay? I kinda blanked out," he stated. She sighed.

"I could tell. Nothing, just a few hurtful words and I'm too sensitive," she replied, going back in the room. He followed.

"That's okay. What'd he say, though?"