All Eyes On You

Not the Only One

"JungKook, you don't have to do this. Really, you don't," Jin assured him. JungKook shook his head.

"Yeah, I do. If this girl dies, I'm gonna be responsible because maybe I carried her the wrong way, or she just couldn't breath when I put her on the gurney, or... I don't know, Hyung, just let me stay here. Please," JungKook pleaded, seconds from dropping to his knees and begging to his hyung to stay there with the girl he didn't know in that hospital room. Jin gave him a pitiful expression.

"But, Kook, this isn't particularly good for you... You shouldn't greive too-"

"I'm not greiving, Hyung! let me have this one thing! I came out of my apartment and I did something social! I'm better now! Please, I won't stay the whole night, I promise," JungKook assured the older. Somehow, Jin understood why he wanted to stay so bad.

Because this girl was the only thing he'd managed to save, if not JungKook himself or his own relationship. And maybe that signified the beginning of getting better.

Jin glanced to the girl on the hospital bed and back to JungKook before he sighed and nodded. "Fine. But really, don't stay here too long, okay? Come stay at my house tonight if you need. Yuri wouldn't mind. I just don't want you to dwell on this too long," Jin told the younger, and in response, the boy sighed in relief and smiled at his hyung's words.

"Yes, Hyung, I'll come over tonight. Thank you so much," he said. Jin smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Be safe when you do," the guy said as he left the room. JungKook smiled and looked over his shoulder to the girl in the hospital bed. She was very pretty, and if he hadn't just had to carry her into the ambulance about 2 hours earlier, he might've latched onto her right away. She could be his prescription, the one to keep him sane while he avoided thoughts of Seohyun.

He sat down next to her in an uncomfortable wooden chair next to the bed, and for some reason, maybe out of habit, he reached over and intertwined their fingers. And even after he realized what he'd done, he let them stay there. "I can't imagine what must've gone wrong with you back there," he whispered.

And suddenly, the second he closed his eyes, the traumatic memories of earlier erupted in his mind with the sound of sirens.

"Is she okay?"

"What's going on over there?" YoonGi asked as he stood up at his seat. And JungKook caught a glimpse of a girl with her hands and knees on the concrete while she arched her back to vomit on the sidewalk.

"Oh my god," the youngest boy said, unaware that he was already out of his seat to sprint over to help. A crowd had formed around the scene, so he pushed through all the people. "Move!" he yelled out before he collected the girl in his arms.

And for a second, he completely forgot about everything that had happened with Seohyun.

JungKook gasped softly and opened his eyes, looking over to the girl. The nurse came in and narrowed her eyes at him. "Visiting hours are over, Sir."

"Oh, I'm her boyfriend. Is it alright if I stay with her tonight?" he asked with wide and hopeful eyes, and that must've won the woman over because she simply rolled her eyes and nodded as she left. With that, JungKook smiled and reverted his gaze to the bed.

And he noticed her eyelids fluttering open, and he stood up and over her to meet the most beautiful brown eyes he'd ever seen.


 Her brown eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked around confused. Her heart skipped a beat when her eyes landed the on most beautiful man she had ever seen. Her breathing gradually became rapid. Her eyes continously searched around the room nervously. 

"It's okay! It's okay! Look at me! You're okay now." The stranger gently gripped her shoulders, and directly stared at her. Tears poured from Hani's eyes. Her arms shot out and hugged the stranger. 

"Why didn't I die?!" She sobbed into his shoulder. She tightened the hug. He returned it with the equal amount. 

"It's okay, it's okay." He comforted. Strangely, she felt calm. Even though she was a crying mess, her heart was at ease.

"Why can't I see her?!" A voice shouted from outside the door. Hani's breath hitched in .

"I can't see him yet. Please, don't leave." She whispered desperately into his ear.

"Well, uh, I guess I could stay a little longer," he smiled, wiping tears from her eyes and cheeks, "I'll go outside to s-sort things out." He let her go, and walked out the door. 

Hani held herself feeling emptiness.  Pain entered her feeble heart once again. She remembered what she did. She remembered why she did it. The memories of the forbidden man that broke her flourish in her head.