Get Some Air

Not the Only One

She sighed. She felt out of place. Jin was cooking soup for her and Jungkook. Disappointment radiated from him. They didn't dare to speak a word. Jin shut the eye of the stove off and turned around towards them with a frown. 

"What the hell were you thinking, Jungkook," he seethed. Hani winced at his tone, "are you that idiotic?!" 

"Hyung!"

"What?! What were you going to say? I didn't mean to, it was a mistake?! You took her to drink! To freaking drink! After of what all that had happen, are you really an idiot?!" Jin harshly admonished him. 

"Jin oppa, please calm down. Please don't blame Jungkook." Hani pleaded. 

"Hani ah," Jin sighed, "I'm going to the bathroom." He walked out of the kictchen. She sighed in relief. She placed a hand on her head to soothe her headache. Jungkook got up and pulled a bowl from the cabinet. 

"Jungkook, nothing happened last night, right?" She asked timidly. He stopped. Memories of last night flashed in his mind. Every huff, every moan, and every touch that was experienced by both of them, but only one of them remembered. He looked back at her and smiled his ficticious smile.

"Nothing happened." 

"That's weird, my clothes were missing. Nevermind. It's a relief. It's not like we kissed or anything."

He held a doleful small grin. "Right."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JungKook headed to school with his hyungs, and for the first quarter of school, he was completely fine.

And for the rest, he felt like it would've hurt less if he were to saw his left arm off with a serrated butter knife. His head pounded with a heartbeat that didn't even seem to fit for his body and his stomach felt like a mix between a dull ache that could be ignored and that moment where you know you're gonna puke and the only question was when.

The second he got to lunch, he dreaded it even more because he had something that Hani made, and sure, he adored Hani, but she couldn't cook to save her life. And it didn't help that he didn't even like what she made, even if it had been made by a professional chef. Some kind of octupus and tofu because it was Japanese or something and she was trying to be "cultural." that, he wanted his damn Korean beef bulgogi.

But he ate it, anyway, because Hani was there and she was smiling as she ate the same thing and for god's sakes, she was so happy when she smiled and JungKook didn't have the heart to be honest and tell her how awful her cooking tasted. And he ing begged his stomach to stop hurting because if it didn't, he would definitely throw up, and he was sure it would taste a lot worse coming back up.

After his classes, he walked with Hani off campus and he felt good enough to talk to her. "Hey, so Hani, do you want to stay over tonight?" He asked, clearly not detecting the suggestiveness of his words because Hani didn't answer, and when he looked over, she was blushing furiously.

"U-Umm, JungKook, I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"Oh! Oh, no, I meant to watch a movie or something, I promise," he reassured her with a bitter laugh. She chuckled softly for a moment and nodded.

"Okay, sure. I can do that. But I'll have to get some clothes to change into in the morning. See you later, JungKook-Oppa," she said before she left.

"Oppa, huh?" A voice that had haunted his thoughts for the past months echoed out. JungKook went pale and bit the inside of his lip so hard that he tasted blood. Then he took a deep breath and forced a smile on his face, one of those smiles that was simply for ackwledgement, with his lips pressed thin against his face. As he turned to see her, he wanted to cry and yell and scream and lose his ing mind over her because she managed to ruin his life for a while, but Seohyun just stood there with a cute little sweet smile that filled up her eyes as well, and to think that he used fall at her feet over that same smile.

"Seohyun-ah, hi," he choked out, letting his head fall down to look at his feet.

"Oh, c'mon JungKook, look me in the eyes," she stated, lifting his head up with a finger under his chin. Once he looked into her eyes, she continued by taking a quick glance at Hani and grinning at him. "She calls you Oppa?" Seohyun asked.

JungKook nodded grimly. "Yeah."

"What's her name?"

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Because I want to know that you're doing better. It's not like I just stopped caring about you. I still care about you, but we just don't love each other anymore, JungKook. So, who is she?" Seohyun repeated. JungKook swallowed hard and managed to put words together.

"Her name is Oh Hani," JungKook responded softly.

"She seems nice. I've seen her around. I didn't know you were her Oppa."

"Yeah, well, she's younger than me. Only 18. She's a great girl," he told her, managing a smile as he talked about Hani.

"Well, I'm glad to see you two together. And I'm glad you're doing better, JungKook," she said with a bright grin.

"Thanks. See you around, Seohyun-ah," he said as he left her to go to his car.


 

AN: ilikebeinme: if you've noticed, the chapter names have significance. Can you guess it? They all relate to the chapters, but how? What are they? Put it in the comments below. Deuces!