Seven.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The hooded man immediately flipped the book when he laid his hands on the sacred book.

He stopped at particular page and stared at it. The idea that the book is now on his hands is just starting to sink into him.

"We should visit their grave." The man who have gotten the book from House of Arcana shakingly said at the hooded guy. The hooded guy nodded his head. "Of course, this is one of the things that had been stolen from them. I will be more than happy to let them know, we have already retrieved one of the most important things. Of course, soon after, all the Liras; we will have them and offer to their grave." The hooded man confidently said, bitterness on his voice is so evident; making the other wince at it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae knew he can find Kyungsoo on his usual napping spot. And sure, he was there.

"Kyungsoo, do you plan to skip the PE class?" Youngjae stood beside the sleeping figure of Kyungsoo. The wide eyed boy has his left arm covering his eyes. His bag below his head, making it a pillow. Youngjae is wondering how a neat freak Do Kyungsoo; was able to sleep under this tree, grass sticking on his uniform.

"Kyungsoo ... " Youngjae still standing beside the boy.

"Go away" Kyungsoo muttered sleepily. Youngjae crouched down. He bent both his knees and poked Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Byun Baekhyun was looking for you. He's mean. He said that if I won't bring you to the PE class he will beat me to pulp." Youngjae continued poking Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Kyungsoo removed his arm and stare glare at the other boy.

Youngjae sheepishly smiled at the pale boy. Kyungsoo just stood and pick up his bag. He tried to dust off the grass from his uniform using his right hand. Youngjae smilingly followed the wide eyed boy.

"All pests should just die." Kyungsoo murmured under his breath, but didn't go unheard by Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo thinks that the idea of Gym and PE is really stupid.

He doesn't like the feeling of sweat on his skin. Much more the smell coming off from the sweaty students. He hates body contacts with others, much more any physical activities that will use his energy. "I will be hungry after the class, then I need to eat again" he thought while listening to the teacher's lesson.

It doesn't help, that there is an annoying smirking boy that is glued beside him.

"Where have you been? Did your eyes get bigger?" Baekhyun smirked beside him and continued trying to annoy the hell out of him. Kyungsoo ignored the teasing and just listen concentrate fakely listening at the teacher's lecture.

"Why aren't you speaking to me? I thought we are already friends?" Baekhyun continued babbling. Not minding lowering his voice even though the teacher is saying something in the front. Baekhyun doesn't even care, even if the teacher is looking or more glaring at him for continuing talking in class.

When he didn't get any response from the shorter boy, he smirked even more, enjoying more being ignored rather than be annoyed by the cold treatment. He missed looking at the blank face of Kyungsoo. And the blank face turning into an annoyed face, even just a bit, gives too much satisfaction to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun lifted his right arm and drape it on Kyungsoo's shoulders. He pulled Kyungsoo closer to him. It may look like a 'casual gesture' to others, like a gesture between close friends, but the other students know that Baekhyun doesn't do those "gestures" because the idea of friends is far from the word Baekhyun.

This time, Kyungsoo just glance at him. Baekhyun smirked, and Kyungsoo returned his gaze at the front. Youngjae, that is standing behind Kyungsoo, just watched the interaction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked around him as he noticed the whole gym got quiet. He looked at the entrance and found some students entering the gymnasium. His smirk got wider when he saw who are coming to their way.

"Ki- Kris. Your section will have your class at the oval." the teacher said at one of the students from the newly arrived group. The blond, tall, fair boy just smirked at the teacher.

"We will play basketball with them." The blond boy answered gesturing at Kyungsoo's direction.

Kyungsoo eyed the blond guy, Kris; his name as the teacher said.

Baekhyun removed his arm at Kyungsoo's shoulders and smirked at the blond guy.

Kyungsoo noted the presence of the skinny and tall boy beside the blond guy. The boy has black eyebags and he has feline eyes. The boy looked so serious and intimidating.

The blond guy started to play with the balll he's holding. He dribbled it without taking off his eyes from Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's direction.

 

The teacher just nodded.

Kyungsoo turn around and ready to leave the gym. Thinking that his presence is not really required.

"Hey" a deep voice sounded near him. He was about to step out of the gym when the voice stopped him.

Kyungsoo just looked back at the blond guy.

"Lets play." Kris said. Kyungsoo just blinked his eyes and didn't respond. He looked around them, all the students are looking at them. "I don't play." Kyungsoo answered calmly, staring directly at Kris' eyes. He tilted up his head a bit due to height difference.

Kris scoffed mockingly at Kyungsoo. "So?" he respond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter