Six.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim JoonMyeon found himself standing in the middle of an unknown forest. The sky is so dark, the wind is so cold, making his knees weakened. The tall trees' leaves swaying frantically due to the strong blow of both the rain and the wind. It's raining cats and dogs, yet he found himself lost without any idea how he got there.

JoonMyeon is very confused of his whereabouts. He realized, he isn't at Arcana Academy and he's not sure where he is, he nervously looked around. He was being surrounded by tall trees. No trace of human being anywhere. The sounds of wind and rain are only his companion.

He walked following a trail. Looking around him. He gulped and brushed his face using his both hands, trying to swipe off the rainfall covering his eyesight. The rain is so hard, making it harder for him to analyze the place where he is.

 

 

 

He stopped for a moment. He in and exhaled a couple of times. Trying to calm himself. "I wouldn't be able to think straight if i will deal with panic and fear. I was just at my bedroom trying to finish my assignments, it is impossible that I am now in a middle of nowhere." JoonMyeon whispered to himself. Trying to logically explain what is happening.

With his found courage, he contined to walk.

"Hello!" he shouted while walking.

"Is anyone here?!" JoonMyeon continued walking.

 

 

He got no response. Yet, he continued walking.

 

 

 

Soon after, he stood before a tall golden tree. The leaves are so bright and the whole tree is glimmering. JoonMyeon stopped at his tracks and noticed the rain abruptly stopped from its downpour.

He continued gazing at the golden tree. Under it, there are golden chests. He found different kinds of jewelries, different stones. Treasure.

 

JoonMyeon eyed the tree and the treasures supiciously. Others may find the things tempting, but not to him.

He continued walking and just passed by it. Totally ignoring the tempting wealth.

 

 

 

 

An old man sitting on a trunk of tree that made Joon Myeon, again, stopped on his tracks.

The old man is dirty and he has a long, white hair.  He has a wooden cane on his right hand. The man made no movement. He is just sitting still.

JoonMyeon tried to approach the old man. "Hello. Grandpa?" he asked politely but carefully.

The old man lifted his head. His face is almost hidden because of hair on his face, the hat that he's wearing is not helping too.

 

 

"Why are you here?" the old man coldly said. He just barely glanced at the young man. He casted his eyes downcast again.

JoonMyeon cleared his throat. Trying to remove the lump in his throat.

"I am lost." he simply answered. He looked around him again as he got no response from the old man.

"Where are you going, young man?" the old man said not looking up. He rested his chin on top of both his hands which holding the cane.

"I am going to Arcana Academy." he still answered.

The old man looked up at him this time. He nodded but no emotion is showing on his face.

 

 

 

A few minutes after. The old man spoke.

"If you have a blind sister, and she needs your eyes. Would you give it?" the old man directly looking at him.

JoonMyeon found himself quiet.

First, he doesnt have a sister. Second, he always believed, for him, sense of sight is the most important sense.

JoonMyeon didn't think deeply. He answered what he believed what is right. He followed what he thinks he will do if he will need to truly decide on this matter.

 

 

 

"If she is younger than me, I will. If not, then I won't. If her life is longer than I, she would have a bigger chance to help make the world better. If she is younger, she deserves a chance to experience how wonderful life is, like I had." Joonmyeon answered sincerely and confidently, he looked back at the old man.

The old man smirked at him, the next second; to JoonMyeon's horror, he found no old man.

A cloacked man appeared before after him, face thoroughly hidden. He heard footsteps at his back. JoonMyeon looked at his back and another cloacked figure appeared from the golden tree he passed by. But now, the tree appeared as a normal tree. Gone the golden leaves and the treasures.

 

The two cloacked figures walked together. When JoonMyeon didnt follow, standing like a fool; still flabbergasted at what happened, the figures looked back at him and motioned him to follow.

He did, they walked and after few steps, the two cloacked figure bowed and dispersed.

 

A figure wearing white cloth covering his whole face and his whole body appeared with another two cloacked figures.

The figure wearing white stood in front of him. The four cloacked figures stoodstill behind him. The man in white turn around and walked, JoonMyeon followed immediately.

The cloacked figures followsuit after JoonMyeon.

 

 

They continued walking, still JoonMyeon finds the area unfamilliar to him. They stopped near a cliff.

He saw another two figures backfacing them. They are hidden from the two figures, and they are meters away from them. They are kneeling, and looked like they are praying.

JoonMyeon unconsciously widened his eyes when he noticed a certain thing on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter