Four.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little heads up, I might not update on weekend.

Kamsa for subscribing and your comments. Promise, I will try to update regularly :D >.<

 

Nga pala, I love Exo's Promise. ♥

But, I don't like listening to it (though, I still do) because I get so emotional. :((

Damn, they sang from the heart. Can you feel the emotion and the connection from the song? Because,  I do. :(

 

Do Kyungsoo staring at nothingness.

Like the first day, surrounded by annoying whispers; perceiving as bee sounds to Kyungsoo, as he let the sounds passed through him uncared for, and he deemed unworthy of attention.

He settled at the far end corner of white couch inside the House of Neutralis. Not with a single idea, again, the tranferees are gathered in the white loungue. Doing nothing.

He has been called and escorted by a certain student, he introduced himself as Ryeowook, and lead Kyungsoo to the familiar lounge.

He sat at the farthest space on the comfortable velvet couch, rested his back at the backrest and his elbow on the armrest comfortably. Not sparing any glance on any students around him, even if he knew they had been talking about him all along.

 

 

 

A group of boys caught his attention. They are at the other side of the room. Three guys are picking on a student. He gazed at them and continued watching.

The boys are laughing idiotly at the other boy. One of the boys kept pushing the boy with eyeglasses on his left shoulder. Then, the group will laugh at him, again.

Nope. Not the bullying caught Kyungsoo's attention. It is the boy, himself.

The boy is tall, skinny, fair and wearing eyeglasses. All throughout the bullying, he kept his eyes downcast. He fidgets, and messily squeezing the hem of this coat. Whenever the bully pushes him, he struggled to keep his balance, but not falling completely. The boy definitely doesn't have any plan to fight back.

Kyungsoo continued staring. Then, the boy lifted his head and met his stare. Kyungsoo kept his blankness.

 

The bullies noticed the skinny boy's attention wasn't on them, so they followed his gaze. They all looked at Kyungsoo's direction. At that, their laughters died, they dispersed and moved away from the skinny boy. The news about the boy who bravely stood before the Byun Baekhyun, immediately infected the whole school. The news flew so fast, everyone around him was aware of the existence of the Do Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo stopped staring as the familliar teacher arrived. With his overrated greeting.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo never considered himself nice.

Compassion and sympathy are just huge words to him, that he couldn't find any way to relate those words to his name.

He grew up alone. Not surprisingly, he's independent, unresponsive, and indifferent.

He just doesn't care.

 

 

 

Apparently, the incident at the House of Neutralis, somewhat made him think otherwise for a second. Just for a second. Still, he's sure, if the boy would be beaten up before him, he still wouldn't care.

Just that, it resulted as this.

 

"Uhm, Tha-thank you, Kyungsoo-ssi." The skinny boy stuttered but managed to express himself. Kyungsoo just nodded and continued chewing.

"For what?" Kyungsoo replied once he swallowed the bits and pieces of bimbap inside his mouth.

The skinny boy, who introduced himself as Yoo Youngjae, scratched the back of his head shyly. "For helping me with the bullies." he almost whispered. Kyungsoo looked up at him after stuffing his mouth with the food the skinny boy offered. He chewed, and just continued gazing at Youngjae with his wide eyes. The skinny boy felt awkward, cast his eyes on his lap.

At that, Kyungsoo shifted his gaze and stared in front of them, continued chewing. He grabbed the soda in can, given by the skinny boy too; aside from the food his munching, and gulped hefty amount of carbonated liquid.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo felt full so he lay down, he rested his hand at the back of his head. He stared at the exuberant leaves up above them. How the leaves willowy moved with the whisper of the wind.

Youngjae cleared his throat. Kyungsoo just stared upright.

"Why did you transfer here, Kyungsoo-ssi?" Youngjae curiously asked. He continued eating and Kyungsoo continued being silent.

Silence engulfed them.

Youngjae put his chopsticks down, grabbed his soda and slowly sipped on it. He watched the students below the slope where they are at.

"My mother begged me to tranfer here from France." Youngjae didn't really expect Kyungsoo will tell him. He pursed his lips and nodded, acknowledging that somehow, Kyungsoo answered.

"Won't you ask me too, Kyungsoo-ssi?" Youngjae followed through. They stayed at their positions motionlessly. Surprisingly, the atmosphere is far from being awkward now, ironically by how they started.

"Why?" indifferent. No genuine curiosity can be heard from Kyungsoo. He just asked because he was asked to. Similarly, how the leaves lithe by the sway of the wind.

Youngjae chuckled. Awkward skinny boy totally gone.

"I am looking for someone. Someone, I haven't heard from for a long time" he continued chuckling as he explained. He got no response from Kyungsoo.

"You will never find it, if it doesn't like to be found" Kyungsoo lazily said. His voice embraced the blow of the wind. And left the skinny boy under the red maple tree; which looks like a head of fire, dancing with the wind, from afar.

Youngjae smiled. He noticed how silent Kyungsoo's movements are. Queit, careful, measured and graceful, something so beautiful to watch.

A red fiery tail danced its way up the wind, from the skinny boy's back.

 

 

 

 

A body moved slickly into the silent hall of Hourse of Arcana. The body made its way to the spiral staircase. Silent but fast steps leading him in one of the forbidden rooms in House of Arcana.

The body stopped at the huge, arc shaped, wooden, double doors. The body eyed the door closely, then stepped forward. The body disappeared and got through the closed door.

 

 

 

 

 

The colder aura around Kyungsoo was felt by everyone around him. The other four classmates that he was grouped with, excluding Youngjae, are very wary with their actions around him. They can feel that a one push on a wrong button, the very thin string of Kyungsoo's patience will break and he will burst of fire and lava. The comparison is exaggerated, but they know they couldn't blame Kyungsoo.

Instead of having classes, they are assigned, by group; the transferees to lend some help in the library.

 

Youngjae stayed behind Kyungsoo as they made their way into the Library.

Their library is one building, separated by different sections.

 

The six of them, Kyungsoo never bothered to know or morelik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter