Twelve.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo went out of class, as soon as the bell rang.

He walked through hallways. Students are coming out from their classrooms, as well, surrounding the whole hallway with their annoying buzzes. The students sound so lively and excited for lunch. Kyungsoo ignored all stares and continued walking. He has his plan to go to his locker before meeting Youngjae. He maybe felt some particular gazes on him but he ignored such and continued walking.

 

He was just a kid when he first noticed. The people around him have these tendencies to give him more attention, he was wondering why. He first thought; maybe because of his big eyes. There are times he thought, maybe, because of his pale skin, or maybe his protruding cheeks. The usual scenarios when he was introduced as the heir of Do clan; the people will coo at him, the older women will approach him; smile like a fool to him and pinch his cheeks. He was asking why all along. But he never gotten an answer.

When he started middle school, he gotten more attention. The girls are flocking over him, some boys at his age will stood behind him and will try to put their arms on his shoulders. He frequently heard praises; he was so smart at his age, he was so talented; that many kids at his age envied him. His looks is so innocent; many people will like him in one glance.

Of course, these things made him happy. But these praises, the glances, the attention, the touches soon became shallow and unmeaningful to him. He soon realized, that these are fake gestures.

How could a person tell he is innocent because of his eyes?

How could they say he is smart, if all the things he knows are on the books that are supposed to be read by students?

How could they say he is talented if he had gone through several hours of tutoring just to master the composition of Beethoven?

How could they say he looks nice because of his small, petite body and narrow shoulders?

 

These people are talking about things that they don't even know.

These people never even bothered to know him.

That is when the silent and timid Do Kyungsoo turned into a colder, indifferent, independent and emotionless Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A buzz on his phone gotten his attention. He swiped his phone screen as he opened his locker.

He felt peculiar presence behind but he just ignored it. Very unusual, there isn't any student can be spotted around him. But he just ignored it and stood before his locker and checked his phone.

 

From: Yoo Youngjae

I'll see you in your locker in 15.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at the time on his screen, and it is ten minutes after the bell rang. He didn't bother replying and put his books inside the locker. He felt footsteps behind him but he ignored it, and continued what he was doing.

 

A tight grip on his arm made him turn abruptly. It made his phone slipped from his hand and bump harshly on the locker's door beside him and fell on the ground, it made a loud thud sound. Kyungsoo was about to yank his arm away to pick his phone but another grip on his other arm stopped his movement.

Two students are holding both his arms. He was turned and he was faced by another student who smirked wickedly at him.

 

"Are you afraid of the dark, Do Kyungsoo?" the tall student smirked wider at him and laughed at his face. Kyungsoo never seen this student and he doesn't have any idea what is happening.

He clenched his jaw when he looked at the hands gripping tightly on his arms. He faced the tall student and his face looked colder. "What do you want?" he coldly said. His voice is so calm that made the three students around him wonder why Kyungsoo is not bothering to resist nor free himself from their holds. Kyungsoo doesn't even look he's scared. He looked annoyed but, nevertheless, still blank face on.

"You might not be able to attend the Assembly later, but don't worry, the rats and lowly animals like you will keep you accompany." the guy smiled at him. Then he looked at the two students beside Kyungsoo. With no words, no protests from Kyungsoo, they dragged him away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae was about to get out of the classroom. Picking up Kyungsoo from hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter