Ten.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Based on the Sacred Book of Arcana, the spirits have lived even before the existence of humans. The spirits aren't looking like human per se, but they can go in any form beyond what we can imagine." Mr. Lee lectured in front of the class.

A student raised her hand, Han Eunjie. Mr. Lee gestured in her direction and entertain her question, she stood and her face looked so curious. "How can we identify a spirit, or can we see them?" she asked then took her seat back. Mr. Lee paused for a second and cleared his throat.

"I can't tell if you can see them, or you can't. Because that is for you to find out." he answered.

"Spirits may came in any form, as I have mentioned, but their existence came from something living and breathing. Majority of spirits came from nature. We always believed that everything that is living, breathing or anything that can be developed by humans has a spirit." He added.

"What I am trying to say is, the idea of Spirit is vague and unexplainable. There is no way to thoroughly explain it other than witness it, or experience it" he stood from his table and walked on the aisle.

The class kept silent as they tried to understand what the teacher was saying.

"How can someone witness or experience it?" Mr. Lee asked as he eyed everyone. "An energy attracts a spirit to a human body, or the other way around. So, someone who has an unusual energy in their body can see spirits. But a person with huge amount of energy in their body can be possessed by a spirit." He stopped in the middle and tried to speak as slowly as possible for his students to contemplate on his words.

They are staring in disbelief. Some of them looked so scared but more than half looked curious and wanted to hear more.

"That is why, on the Sacred Book of Arcana, there are categories. Spiritus, is the term for the Spirits. Uni, is the term we use for a human body possessed by a Spiritus. A corpus is a body with an unusual energy in it. And a Lira, is an object that has a strong energy; which came from a Spiritus; that can be used to perform its power." Mr. Lee turns around and approached the front, he wrote everything he said on the white board in front. Students, started to take note of everything that they can.

One of the students raised his hand, Chu Juyong. Mr. Lee turned and looked at him.

"Do we have an uni around? How can we tell if someone is an uni?" he asked while he looked around his classmates. He looked calm but he looked a bit lost.

Mr. Lee nodded at his question. "Very good question" he coughed and straightened himself.

"An uni can be everywhere. Uni means one, thus, that means the body and spirit became one. It doesn't neccessarily mean that the Spiritus has took over the human's body, but after being one, the human can use the Spiritus' power. And the Spiritus will be fed from the human's body. The spiritus basically needs the energy of human, thus, the stronger the energy of the human, the stronger the power of the Spiritus. Now, we don't have a way to identify an uni. The spiritus can hide his power. But there is a way to definitely identify an uni, though. A nuetralis can." Mr. Lee answered with another term.

"Yet, we only have one nuetralis here in Arcana Academy. And he is our headmaster." Mr. Lee looked at the class again. He particular stayed looking at Kyungsoo's direction. The boy is looking back at him at his usual seat. His face is unreadable. He has his elbow on top of his table and chin on his knuckle. He's staring at Mr. Lee's eyes sternly.

Kyungsoo looked he's listening intently at his lecture. He's swirling his pen in his hand. "What could have been running in his mind?" Mr. Lee thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 young men are gathered in the big conference room in the 4th floor of Arcana Academy Library Building.

Three people are sitting on each side of the table. As their King flipping each page of the folder on the table, and two Knights are sitting behind each of them, either reading through the folder, as well. Or the other taking the minutes of the meeting.

 

On the north side of the table, Park Chanyeol is seated. King of Nous, who had been the only one doing the talking almost the whole hour of the meeting, Oh Sehun and Kim Xiumin; are his knights sitting behind him. Both with their usual serious faces.

On his left side, sitting Kim JoonMyeon, or who some called Suho; King of Fides, he looked unusually absentminded today and just from time to time he will write something on his notes. Zhang Yixing and Kim Chen; are his knights also sitting behind him. Chen has been glancing at him, and making sure to take note of eveything he can about the meeting. He knows, his King will need it after the meeting.

On the right, King of Amare is sitting. Looking so gorgeous as ever, Kim Jong In. He's just listening to whatever Chanyeol would say. Not giving inputs or will just answer whenever he was being asked. Lu Han and Kim Myungsoo; are his knights. Lu Han has been glancing at one of the Knights of King of Virtus; Baekhyun, and the other is just giving him his smirks.

The other end from Chanyeol is the King of Virtus. He looked so serious and flipping through the pages of the folder, from time to time glaring at the King of Amare, but Jong In is obviously avoiding looking at him. Behind him Huang Zitao, who has been fixed his attention on his phone, while Byun Baekhyun is smirking at Lu Han, and obviously, doesn't care what the hell this meeting is about.

 

"After the ceremony, we will have the Arcana Acquiantace Ball. The House of Amare, will handle it, as we have talked about the last meeting, yeah?" Chanyeol said and glanced around him. Just by looking, he knows that there might be something wrong with the other Kings, and most likely forced themselves to attend the meeting because it is part of their responsibility. But Chanyeol can't do anything about it. They need to stick with business and talk about the Arcana Academy.

King of Amare nodded at Chanyeol and swipe on his tab to take note of the Event.

Silence filled them after. King of Fides cleared his throat. "When would be the Head Master back?" Suho asked no one in particular. Another awkward silence filled them. No one wants to respond because no one knows the answer. But Chanyeol and Suho, transferred their gazes to Kris, the King of Virtus. When he noticed the eyes on him, he put the folder down and shrugged his shoulders. "No idea. Maybe, before the ceremony." Kris answered monotonously.

Suho wanted to say more but he didn't, he kept his silence and Chanyeol looked around him. "If we don't have anything else. We can adjourn the meeting." He looked around and smiled. Trying to lighten up their moods. But obviously failed.

King of Amare was the first one to stand. His knights followed immediately.

 

"I guess, we are forgetting one more thing." Kris said, looking at his phone. Then, he glanced up as Jong In stood from his seat. "And the King of Amare particularly concerns this. Right, Jong In?" Kris smiled wickedly at him.

Jong In sat back and looked seriously at King of Virtus, not planning on saying anything.

King of Nous and King of Fides looked at each other. How the King of Virtus and King of Amare acting around each other is so tense and it made them wonder why.

 

 

Kris is looking at Jong In. His gaze can melt Jong In, and Jong In wonders what Kris is thinking about.

"Maybe the King of Amare have forgotten one of the protocols for Induction, haven't you?" Kris said with stern voice looking at Jong In.

"That is beyond impossible" Jong In said defiantly.

Kris nodded his head lazily, that gesture shows mockery to Jong In. "Of course, Jong In, you knew. And you also knew the sanctions, right?" Kris smiled wickedly again.

Jong In clenched his fist and stood abruptly, he glares at the King of Fides. The knights of King of Virtus immediately stood behind Kris, with their protective stances. Baekhyun eyed Jong In. His playful smirks gone. Tao eyed the other two knights behind Jong In, as they stood as well when they saw the angry face of their King.

"What sanctions are you talking about? Did I break anything on the protocol?" he gritted his teeth and eyed the King of Virtus. He felt insulted being lectured like this. As far as Jong In remembers, he and Kris are on the same rank. He doesn't have any right to lecture him and taunt him like this.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter