Eleven.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo fleetingly glanced at his wrist watch. 

6AM. He must be too early for a Monday morning. The class wouldn't even start at seven.

He stared at the books in front of him. When he arrived, he directly went to the Library, particularly in the Fictional Section. Maybe out of habits? Or, these kind of books somehow give him comfort. Kyungsoo internally shook his head.

 

He's just staring in front of the books. He is just eyeing them, and doing nothing. He could be waiting for anything, or anyone perhaps. But, his face is not hinting anything.

He just stood there. In front of Children's Books.

Kyungsoo blinked a few times. He hid both his hands inside his pocket. And a flash of should-be-forgotten-memories flooded his mind. He bowed his head and stared at the floor absentmindedly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stood in the middle of busy Heathrow Airport. He had been waiting for more than three hours. The flight from Incheon; that he has been waiting for had arrived two hours ago. But he remained standing there. Looking closely inside the gate.

No emotion can be found on his face. No difference inside his head. Both his face and his head are blank slate.

No prayers, no wishes. 

He believes, that is what is important.

 

A beep on his phone disturbed him. He removed his gaze from the gate and swipe his phone as he received a message.

 

From: Kai

13Jan13, 2230

I am so sorry Soo.

 

He locked his phone, but continued standing there, in the middle of nowhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are Do Kyungsoo, right?" a voice interrupted Kyungsoo's thoughts. He lifted his head and stared at the student at his right. He faced the stranger, and eyed him.

The student felt awkward due to Kyungsoo's gaze. So, he cleared his throat.

"Someone wants to give this to you." the student extended his hand and slipped a paper onto Kyungsoo's palm. Once he took the paper, the student turn around and walked away.

Kyungsoo opened the note.

 

 

 

Lets meet. Follow the trail at the west side of the school.

- Kai

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo saw a white house.

The house is being surrounded by red roses. At the back of the house are huge trees, complementing the plain whote and the bloody red roses.

The plain white stucture around red flowers and green exuberant leaves at its background, made the scene looked like a perfect  painting for Kyungsoo.

 

But the place looked so lonely. Kyungsoo felt no presence around.  He stood in front of the structure, and continued staring at it. He waited.

An hour almost passed. He looked at the note, and after a minute of just staring at it, he hid the note with in his right pocket.

Again, he waited for nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

A pair of eyes has been staring at Kyungsoo from afar. He has been secretly watching the pale boy. His gaze transferred from Kyungsoo's figure standing in front of the Forbidden House of Arcana, to the eyes on top of ever corner of the structure, and around the area.

The eyes that has been recording Kyungsoo. The eyes of the cameras that will surely tangle his name with the stolen black book. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo entered his Art Class.

His face unreadable, but once he settled at his seat at the back, the blond and lanky guy who was seated behind him clearly knows something if off with him. He noted how Kyungsoo's face looked too stiff, and how Kyungsoo's lips are pressed harder than the usual, like he is controlling something. Sehun thinks the boy looked upset, and maybe happened.

 

 

 

 

 

(Got the picture from Google)

 

 "Is this painting familiar?" Ms. Park asked; she is their Art teacher. She's petite, fair, and she has a nice smile. She has a vibrant aura around her that made her students more interested with her lessons. For some, Art class would be boring, especially if this is out of your interest, but because how she looked and spoke; her students are listening and mostly found her class entertaining.

Kyungsoo lifted his head and stared direct at the board. The projector illuminating the said painting.

She tone down the lights inside the classroom to make sure everyone can see the picture clearly.

 

 

No one responded. Some might have an idea, but they preferred to listen.

"This is one of the most known paintings." She started and lightened up the whole room, enough to see the painting, but enough for her to see her students' faces. 

"This was a masterpiece of the Norwegian painter Edvard Munch. This was painted in 1893; which particularly inspired 20th century Expressionists." She added. She look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter