Fourteen.

Four Kings of a Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

If everyone is talking about certain three people occupying a table in the middle of an unusually quiet cafeteria, Kyungsoo, as usual doesn't care. He continued eating quietly his pasta; a western dish served that day.

People around them found this scenario very peculiar because one, Minah's presence and two, their aura. When was the iest girl in school be friends with Do Kyungsoo and the fidgeting boy?

 

Kyungsoo doesn't mind how serious Youngjae looks beside him. How he completely tore off his facade as this "fidgeting and wimpy kid" from Do Kyungsoo's class.

He is sitting beside Kyungsoo, looking so serious and so dangerous that any small movement or noise around him will tick him off and will explode like a bomb.

 

Kyungsoo, doesn't even spare a glance on the equally serious looking girl beside him. If Youngjae is so serious, that made everyone around them careful, Minah looked so smug but equally dangerous because of glint of violence that can be seen in her eyes.

 

 

"Aren't you gonna tell us what happen to you yesterday?" Youngjae seriously muttered. He glanced fleetingly at Kyungsoo then continued eating his california maki. Minah continued looking at Kyungsoo, not diverting her eyes from the doe eyed boy even for a second, as if Kyungsoo will magically disappear in front of her.

Kyungsoo just shrugged his shoulders and nonchalantly continued eating his meal. If Kyungsoo is annoyed by the presence of the two, he isn't showing it.

 

That morning, the moment he opened the door of his penthouse, he was being greeted by the presence of the two. They were standing right outside his door. The two never got along, but that morning, they were quiet and they were whispering to each other, as if they are close friends.

He was being picked up from his house, and the two almost hadn't left his side since this morning. It seems like the two are afraid to take off their eyes from him. 

Kyungsoo didn't show any irritation nor asked them why they are being like that. He was just being his usual self. If the events of his yesterday were at least traumatic and disturbing to others, to Kyungsoo, it seems otherwise. He just doesn't care. It looked like nothing peculiar happened to him.

 

 

Minah and Youngjae are curious and eager to know what happened to Kyungsoo. They searched for the boy for more than two hours, going in circles inside the Academy. They found the boy in the least place they had in mind. They found him at the school clinic . Youngjae received an anonymous text message that Kyungsoo is at the clinic. 

 

The moment Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he looked around him, but said nothing. If Youngjae and Minah wanted to know what happened, they didn't ask him, they chose to let the doe eyed boy rest.

But this morning, Youngjae felt more eager to know what happened to him. Minah herself, wanted to know details of the event, but with the reaction they got from Kyungsoo, even if they are so eager to know about it, they didn't press it. They know, Kyungsoo will tell them if they need to know it.

 

But, that doesn't mean they will take it for granted. The two know the threat around Kyungsoo. Because of the event yesterday, the two had this unspoken agreement to eye Kyungsoo closely, and never let anyone near him. They can't afford to let anything bad happen to Kyungsoo.

In short, they will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter