EIGHT

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Winner’s Seung Hoon was seen with a mysterious girl in the middle of the night at the parking lot of…” The news can be heard throughout the dorm as Jin Woo the television that morning. Everyone stopped what they were doing and listened. Tae Hyun took a glimpse at Seung Hoon. He was leaning on the couch with both hands as his head hung low. He sighed.

            “Seung Hoon…” It was the leader, “Would you care to explain this?” The others tensed. It had been a long time since they heard such a serious tone from Seung Yoon.

            “What is there to explain?” Seung Hoon held his head high, “It’s obvious isn’t it? I have a girlfriend, okay?”

            “You could’ve at least told us, we’re a team!” Seung Yoon raised his voice at Seung Hoon. “You know this could affect our group, don’t you?”

            “How is this a problem?” Seung Hoon felt his anger rising, “You have a girlfriend. Jin Woo Hyung has a girlfriend, why can’t I have one too? Nobody freaking care about us anymore,” he breathed hard.

            “Apparently, they still do,” Min Ho said in a low voice, looking at the news on the screen.

            “So you did this for freaking attention?” Seung Yoon asked in disbelief.

            “Of course not!” Seung Hoon nearly yelled, “I love her.”

            “You could at least pretend that you actually care about us,” Seung Yoon hadn’t been angry for a long time. Tae Hyun shut both his ears, hearing enough of their fighting and stomped upstairs. Jin Woo put down the remote control and rushed after him as he climbed up the stairs.

            “Tae Hyun,” Jin Woo called out to him but Tae Hyun shook his head as he went into his room and shut the door in Jin Woo’s face.

            “Tae Hyun, let’s talk about this,” Jin Woo said gently.

            “Just…just leave me alone, Hyung,” Tae Hyun whispered back at the other side of the door.

            “Promise you’ll come out later, okay?”

            “Okay…”

            Tae Hyun looked at the lucky charm chained around his wrist. Angrily, he wrenched it off with his left hand and tossed it across the room. He sighed deeply and opened the window, letting the warm breeze blew into his room. He didn’t know Seung Hoon anymore. He wasn’t the Hyung who took care of them, who put Winner before everything else, who never yells, who was the one who came up with the solutions to problems and not the one who creates them.

            Without him realizing it, a tear escaped his eyes. Tae Hyun quickly wiped it off with his thumb. A bird flew to his window and chirped happily at his window sill. Tae Hyun wished he could be free, like a bird and fly away. He closed his eyes and felt the wind blowing through his hair. Lee Hee’s sudden bark brought him back to reality. He turned and saw Lee Hee pushing her empty bowl towards him with her muzzle. Tae Hyun refilled it before going into the bathroom.

            Tae Hyun put his palms together and filled it with water from the tap. He splashed the refreshing water towards his face. He needed to wake up. Looking at himself in the mirror, he knew what he had to do.

            The girl must go, he thought to himself, everything was fine until she came along. Tae Hyun placed the towel aside after w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter