TEN

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yoon and Jin Woo packed some of the things they needed before setting out to stay overnight at the hospital. The house was awfully quite as the mood maker was gone. Lee Hee was hanging out her tongue as Seung Hoon her back up and down as if she’s a cat.

            “We’ll be here if you call,” Tae Hyun told Seung Yoon as he walked them to the car. Seung Yoon nodded as he and Jin Woo got into the van that would take them to the hospital. When he got back into the house, Seung Hoon was putting on his jacket and boots.

            “Hyung, where are you going?”

            “I need to meet up with Seung Yeon, she sounded serious,” he replied as he made his way out. Tae Hyun watched as his silhouette went further and further until he was gone. Tae Hyun slumped down at the couch. Again, the silence closing in on him as he sat alone in the house. He was thankful of Lee Hee’s company as she his fingers as if they were dog food. Feeling lonely, he switched on the TV and watched some unexciting shows.

 

        ~   ~   ~

 

Two hours passed and Seung Hoon still wasn’t back yet. Tae Hyun stared at the clock hanging on the wall. Lee Hee was already fast asleep with her head leaned against a pillow on the couch. Tae Hyun made a call through his cellphone. No answer. He got worried. Putting down the remote, he went to get his jacket and locked the door before going out into the street.

            He called again. No answer still. Where could he be? Something must have happened. Tae Hyun thought. Following his instinct, he went to the park where couples usually hang out. But it was empty except for the flickering light of the lamp post. He wanted to call Jin Woo, but there was nothing they could do. Plus, he didn’t want to worry them further. As he walked along the dark street, he passed by a bar. Although it’s the least likely place Seung Hoon would go, Tae Hyun decided to try his luck.

            He pushed open the black doors. Almost immediately, the foul breath of smoking cigarettes and smell of alcohol came straight at his face. Tae Hyun held his breath and tried hard not to gag. Looking around, he only saw men and women in their worst possible choice of outfits and drunken expressions. Only broken people come into places like this, to escape from the painful reality.

            He pushed his way through the crowd and reached the bar. The bartender looked at him up and down, decided that he wasn’t here for a drink and ignored him as he continued wiping the glasses until they shone. Out of the corner of his eye, Tae Hyun spotted someone wearing a familiar jacket sprawled across the counter with his face on the table. Tae Hyun rushed over and shook his shoulders.

            “Hyung,” Tae Hyun called in his ear. Seung Hoon shrugged him off with all the strength he had left, which is practically none. “Hyung, please, we need to get out of here.”

            The bartender came and told Tae Hyun that he hadn’t paid for his drinks. Tae Hyun’s eyes fell to the table. Four huge empty bottles stood there. That was more than any amount Tae Hyun had seen him drank since he’d known him. Tae Hyun searched his pocket and realized he didn’t bring any money with him in the hurry of finding Seung Hoon. He search Seung Hoon’s jacket pocket and found his wallet. He took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter