ELEVEN

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was blurry when Min Ho opened his eyes. Two figures slowly came to focus and he found himself staring at his friends, Seung Yoon and Jin Woo. He smiled weakly.

            “You’re awake!” Jin Woo’s face lit up. “Quick! Tell the others!” He couldn’t contain his excitement as he told Seung Yoon to call the others. The doctor arrived first and checked on Min Ho’s condition.

            “He’s healing miraculously well,” the doctor commented, “With proper care, he’ll recover his full health in no time. But he’ll have to stay in the hospital until his broken arm and leg heal.” Seung Yoon and Jin Woo nodded and thanked the doctor profusely. Right after the doctor left, the door flew open and Seung Hoon and Tae Hyun came rushing in.

            “Min Ho, Min Ho,” Seung Hoon panted, clutching his chest, “I’m so so sorry.” With a trembling hand, Min Ho patted him on the shoulder and whispered, “It’s okay, I understand.”

            “Hyung, are you feeling okay now?” Tae Hyun was unusually silent as he stood at the corner with his hands at his back. He seemed awkward as he stood beside Seung Yoon where it’s furthest from Seung Hoon. Jin Woo told them what the doctor had said, Seung Hoon exhaled in relief.

            After spending some time talking with Min Ho, Jin Woo sent Tae Hyun and Seung Hoon back home as Min Ho needed his rest as well. They bid their farewells and went out of the room. Seung Hoon noticed Tae Hyun was avoiding him as he walked at the other side of the corridor. They both walked in silence until they reached the gate. Heading to the other side of the road, Seung Hoon caught hold of Tae Hyun’s arm from behind.

            “Tae Hyun, please,” Seung Hoon said, not letting go of his hand, “You need to say something.”

            Tae Hyun wrenched his arm away from his grasp. “Don’t touch me!” He nearly yelled and Seung Hoon didn’t try to grab his hand anymore.

            “What’s there to say?” he looked up and stared into Seung Hoon’s eyes. And they both knew he spoke the truth. There was nothing they could have said or done. And it wasn’t Seung Hoon’s fault either. Tae Hyun didn’t blame him but he’s still angry and he wasn’t sure what or who he was angry with. Deciding that this conversation was pointless, Tae Hyun turned to cross the road.

            “Tae Hyun!” he called out and Tae Hyun stopped just at the edge of the road.

            “Just…stop this,” his voice was soft and tired, “Don’t hide away from me. I don’t know should I do either, but just…don’t shut the world out, don’t shut me out.”

            Tae Hyun turned around slowly.

            “Don’t you remember? You were just the same, imagine how I felt, seeing you like that,” Tae Hyun said, nearly in tears but he held it in. “But you didn’t notice, because you never really care, do you?”

            Seung Hoon bit his lower lip. He was lost for words. He knew what he said was true and he was in no position to tell him not to do what he had done. A drop of rain fell on his head and he looked up. Rain started pouring heavily down. They stood there looking at each other for a moment. Wet hair hanging from both of their faces and water dripping off their wet clothes.

            Tae Hyun was relieved for Seung Hoon could not see the tears he shed as they flowed with the raindrops down both his cheeks. Without further words, he turned his back and walked across the road. Thunder and lightning struck. Tae Hyun didn’t even shield his head from the rain or wiped away the tears that blinded his eyes. He just wanted to get away from him. From the man who hurt him the most.

            Seung Hoon’s eyes fell on the puddles formed from the holes on the ground. He stared at his own reflection. He pulled at his own hair. How did I manage to screw myself up so badly? He blamed himself. Suddenly, the screeching of tyre and honks caught his attention and his head shot up to see a pair of blinding headlights heading towards Tae Hyun. The car was travelling in lightning speed.

            “Tae Hyun!” his voice carried across the strong wind but unfortunately Tae Hyun didn’t hear him. Without hesitation, he rushed forward and pushed Tae Hyun onto the other side of the street with all his might. Tae Hyun fell and scraped his elbows on the coarse ground. He groaned painfully as they started to bleed. He forced himself to sit up.

            A sudden THUD! And the sound of glasses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter