FIVE

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Woo took Joo Hyun’s hand and stepped into the dark building. Joo Hyun clung onto his arm out of fear. Jin Woo held hers protectively. He looked down at his phone. The message on the screen reads, ‘Go to YG building now!!!’ Jin Woo had thought it’s an emergency but it looks like nobody was there after all. Jin Woo was starting to think if it was a prank when a pair of hands grabbed them from behind.

            “What the…”

            “Shh!” It was Seung Yoon, “You’ll ruin the surprise!”

            “What?” Jin Woo’s eyes widened in disbelief.

            “Well, you were so busy with Joo Hyun that we didn’t have the time to go through the plan with you,” Seung Yoon laughed.

            “Hey!” Joo Hyun complained.

            “Sorry Noona, just kidding.”

            “A surprise for who?”

            “Shut it you two,” Min Ho warned, “Here he comes.”

            After receiving Seung Yoon’s text, Tae Hyun rushed downstairs from his studio as fast as he could but was surprised to see no one there. The lights on the ceiling suddenly flickered on and off. Tae Hyun stared at it wide-eyed and slightly shivered in fear.

            “What is this?” Jin Woo said in a harsh whisper, “This is a freaking horror movie, you’re scaring him!” He got up to leave but Min Ho held him in place. Eun Ji and Joo Hyun cuddled together in fear.

            “We’re not doing anything,” Seung Yoon said innocently, looking at the lights, still flickering, “Probably the circuit’s hay-wired.”

            “Anybody here?”

            There was silence. The members held their breath.

            Then, there was a tap on Tae Hyun’s shoulder. He turned to find Seung Hoon standing just behind him. He looked straight into Tae Hyun’s eyes as he pushed a tiny wrapped gift into his hands.

            “I…I’m sorry for just now,” his gaze didn’t waver, “I didn’t mean it.”

            “It’s okay,” Tae Hyun reassured him as he put his hand on his shoulder. He treasured the little gift in his tight grasp as he secretly smiled.

            “What’s this?” he asked, mentioning the little gift that Seung Hoon just gave him.

            “It’s a little gift for you and Happy Anniversary to us.” He flashed that mischievous smile of his. The rest of them burst out from the darkness. Eun Ji was holding a cake with exactly 7 candles on it. Joo Hyun rushed to give him a hug.

            “Happy Anniversary to Winner,” she congratulated him. Tae Hyun felt tears warming up in his eyes as he hugged her back. He hadn’t expected anyone to celebrate tonight, let alone surprise him. Finally after a long time, he felt like they were back together again, the members united once more. He wished that this moment will not go away.

            “Thank you,” he sniffled, “Thank you guys so much.”

            Joo Hyun smiled at him as she wiped away his tears with her thumb.

            “You guys should have told me earlier,” Jin Woo complained as he nudged Seung Hoon’s arm, “I wanted to prepare a surprise too.” He pouted.

            “Like I said,” Seung Yoon butted in, “You were busy.” And he laughed hysterically.

            “OWW!” Jin Woo punched him in the arm.

            “Stop it you guys,” Eun Ji was there to bring peace as she stood between her boyfriend and Jin Woo.

            “Let’s go somewhere more decent to celebrate our anniversary,” Seung Hoon suggest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter