NINE

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho lay on the hospital bed, still unconscious. His face was pale and there was an oxygen mask strapped across his face. His right arm was wrapped in a cast and his left leg was hung up. Jin Woo lay his head on both his arms as he sat beside the bed and stared at the monitor. Beep, beep, beep…the green line bobbed up and down steadily.

            Seung Yoon sat with his legs crossed at the other side of the bed. His expression was blank and it was obvious his mind had gone somewhere else. Seung Hoon stood by the window, looking out as he leaned his head against it. His warm breath fogged up the glass which melted before he sighed again. Tae Hyun sat on the couch some distance away, hugging both his legs to his chest.

            His arm and leg is broken, and so was some of his rib bones, the doctor had said, he hurt his head quite bad, there is a lot of blood clogged up in his brain, operation is needed but if the result is different from what we expected, there is a possibility his condition will be worse. He might not be able to wake up, or he might lose some of his memories as well.

Tae Hyun bit his lower lip whenever he is nervous. What will happen if the surgery doesn’t turn out alright? What will be worse than this? Will he wake up? What if he loses his memories? Will he forget us? Will he not remember me? Thousands of thoughts crossed Tae Hyun’s mind.

The door opened and their CEO, Mr Yang came in. Seung Yoon had called him as soon as they’ve reached the hospital. He was in his usual attire and he had his cap on, as always. He had his arms crossed as if demanding to know who caused the accident. But they could see the true concern deep within his eyes although he was trying hard not to show it.

“What happened?” Mr Yang’s voice was soft. Seung Yoon started to speak but Tae Hyun cut in.

“It was me, Sir,” he said, pointing at himself. Mr Yang looked at him with his eyebrow raised. Part of him did not believe it was Tae Hyun who did it but he didn’t know for sure. Seung Hoon looked at Tae Hyun with widened eyes from the window.

“It…it was an accident,” Tae Hyun gathered his courage and continued, “I shouldn’t have fought with Seung Hoon. I was mad, so I pushed Min Ho away. But I did not notice the stairs.” He exhaled sharply. Mr Yang was about to open his mouth and say something when Seung Hoon stood forward. He put a hand on Tae Hyun’s shoulder, gently pushing him aside.

“No, Sir,” Seung Hoon held his head high as he prepared himself to take the responsibility of his wrong doing. “I did this.” Mr Yang looked at him straight in the eye which made Seung Hoon hard to breath. Inhaling deeply, he continued, suppressing his fears.

“I was wrong. I got angry when Tae Hyun was trying to give me advice,” he looked at Tae Hyun apologetically and Tae Hyun weakly smiled back. “I ended up hurting him. Min Ho came to stop me but I pushed him away. That’s how he fell down the stairs, because I pushed him too hard.”

“And now…he might not even wake up,” he looked at Min Ho’s peaceful sleeping face. He touched his hand and closed his eyes as a tear fell. “All because of me…”

Tae Hyun put his arm around Seung Hoon’s shoulders as he comforted him. Seung Hoon started sobbing in his embrace. Tae Hyun calmed him down with soothing words. Mr Yang walked towards Seung Hoon and touched his trembling shoulder, “Now you’d have learnt your lesson.” He said in a low voice. He left the ward with Seung Yoon as they both talked in nearly whispers outside the room.

Jin Woo went and patted Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter