TWELVE

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Hyun sat beside his bed staring at his pale face. His chest was heaving at a steady pace. The doctor had allowed him to be discharged after he had proved that he will be emotionally okay. The first thing he did was asked for permission to visit Seung Hoon in his ward. After the surgery, the doctors agreed to let him do so.

            Seung Hoon’s slow breathing fogged up the inside of the oxygen mask. His head was wrapped in layers of white cloth. Tubes were attached through his nostrils and some on the back of his hands. Both his legs were wrapped in casts. The doctor had said that they were badly crushed. He might not be able to walk again. And never dance again, Tae Hyun thought.

Tae Hyun leaned his head against Seung Hoon’s chest just to make sure his heart was beating although the green line on the monitor is bobbing up and down. Tae Hyun sighed deeply and sat back in his chair. He touched Seung Hoon’s skinny arm, dancing his fingers on top of it as if he was playing on a piano. His leaf-shaped charm dangled and brushed against Seung Hoon’s arm. He did not want this to happen, he did not want this at all. He lay his face on Seung Hoon’s arm.

            “I’m so so sorry, Hyung,” he whispered and his tears fell onto his arm. He stared up at Seung Hoon’s face. He was so peaceful that he doesn’t seem like a person who was in pain. Slowly, Tae Hyun leaned and kissed Seung Hoon’s cheeks softly. With his tears still flowing down his cheeks, he whispered in Seung Hoon’s ear.

            “Don’t go, Hyung,” he stifled. “Come back…come back home.”

            He clenched his fist. “Just…don’t leave me.”

            Seung Yoon and Jin Woo had left the room and stood waiting outside as they gave Tae Hyun some private time with Seung Hoon. They didn’t tell Min Ho about it yet as to not make his condition worse. Seung Yoon paced along the corridor back and forth, looking restless. Jin Woo was staring at the wall blankly as he sat on the bench outside of the ward.

            “What should we tell Min Ho?” Jin Woo suddenly asked as he looked up at Seung Yoon. Seung Yoon stopped pacing and looked back at him.

            “I…I honestly don’t know, Hyung,” Seung Yoon looked down on the ground, suddenly having the miserable feeling of not knowing what to do.

            The sound of someone running up the staircase gradually increased in volume. It echoed in the empty stairway and the sound was deafening. The door at the side of the wall flew open and a girl came in, panting hard as she tried to catch her breath. She turned around and saw them sitting there looking at her with wide eyes.

            “Where’s Seung Hoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter