Getting Closer

Apple Of My Eye

CHAPTER SIX

 
School ended. All student packed their books into their bag and leave the class. When they were walking out from the school, Halla walked together with Ra Hee and Chen. 
"Ra Hee, I'm glad to be friend with you. But, don't be shocked when you know my true self bacause I'm not like this", Halla said.
Ra Hee just laughed, "I'm not like this too". 
Chen pointed at himself, "What about me? Don't you glad you met me?". 
"You too", Halla said. "I hope to get to know all of you well soon".
 
As they passed the school gates, Halla's way was opposite to Ra Hee and Chen. So they bidded goodbye and walked away. While Halla is walking back home suddenly a black Mercedes-Benz stopped by the road side. The door opened and a hand pulled her inside the car, it was Sehun?! 
 
"HEY! What are you trying to do?!", Halla yelled at him.
Sehun ordered his driver to continue driving. "Where's your house?", Sehun asked.
Halla looked at Sehun weirdly, "What?".
"Are you deaf? Where. Is. Your. House?" Sehun mocked her.
"JUST. STOP. THE. CAR.", she ordered angrily.
"Look! I just wanted to send you home, is it too much?".
"No, like why do you have to do that? I have a leg, I can walk and I know the way to my house. So just stop the car, can you?", she said.
"No". 
"Tsh, really? Fine!", Halla opened the lock and tried to open the door but Sehun stopped her by pulling back her hand. 
"Ya, what are you doing?", Sehun asked.
"I'm trying to go out from this car", she said.
"You can't". 
"Ah, seriously?", Halla used her elbow to hit Sehun's nose and quickly asked the driver to stop and she went out from the car left Sehun in pain. 
 
His nose was bleeding. "What is she even?!".
"Are you okay? Your..your nose is bleeding", the driver asked.
"You can see my nose is bleeding and tell me am I okay?", Sehun said with angry tone while wiping his bleeding nose.
 
 
Halla ran and she stopped as she saw there's no car was following her. "Wah! What is he?! A psycho? Crazy? Hottest guy??? Kind?? Are they making fun of me?!", Halla was still frustrated with what had happened. 
 
 
Sehun in the bathroom washing his bleeding nose. He stood in front of the sink and stared his own reflection in the mirror. He traced his jawline with his finger, "How can you not fall in love with this good looking guy?" he wondered and shook his head. 
 
 
"Dad! I'm home", Halla said as she opened the door. But there's nobody was at home. She saw a sticky note on the table so she went to read it. 
 
Han La, I'm working till late at night. Don't wait for me. Take care
 
Halla felt a little bit sad knowing that she won't see her father the whole day today. Her mother died due to an accident when she was still 6. She was in the car too but she managed to survive. The day before her mom left her, her parents had a big argument and decided to divorce. Halla was supposed to stay with her mom, but after what happened, her father took care of her. Her father lost his job as the officer, so now he works as a bus driver. That's why they decided to move to Seoul. 
 
Halla went upstairs and changed her outfit than she went out again. Walking along the street, searching for a part time job. She tried every store, but none were available. She was about to gave up because it was already late, she should be going home by that time. Then she saw one huge restaurant across the street, she went in and looked for the workers there. 
 
"Excuse me, sir", Halla approacher the cashier man. 
"Yes? What can I help you?", he asked gently.
"I would like to ask if this restaurant needs more workers because I would like to", she said.
"Oh, really? Good timing! We need one!", he said.
"Really?!", Halla was happy to apply a job as waitress at the restaurant. She could gain some money for her and her dad. 
"Can you come here by 9 o'clock tomorrow? You have to meet my boss", the cashier man said.
"Since tomorrow is Saturday, alright I will".
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️
 
Halla met the restaurant owner. "Good morning Mrs, my name is Lee Han La, I'm 18. I just move to Seoul from Busan because my father had to transfer here". She was lying though saying that her dad had to transfer here. 
 
Mrs Oh looked happy to see Halla because she looks kind and hardworking, furthermore she looks like she can be trusted, "Oh, nice to know you Han La(?), you got such a unique name", she praised her,
 
Halla was happy to hear it and thanked her politely. "So now, you are staying with your parents?", Mrs Oh asked. "Only with my dad", she replied. 
"What happened to your mum?".
"She died long time ago, accident", she said with lower voice.
"Oh, it's heartbreaking to know such thing, I'm sorry", Mrs Oh felt sorry towards Halla because she shouldn't ask that kind of question.
"No, it's okay. I'm fine", Halla said. 
 
"Okay, I would like to take you as my workers because you look kind and can be trusted. And I really like you", Mrs Oh said.
"Is it true?", Halla couldn't hide her feelings. She was too happy as she couldn't utter any words. She thanked Mrs Oh few times. Mrs Oh just smiled looking at Halla's polite attitude. It's rare to see young students nowadays with this kind of attitude. 
 
Halla was about to leave the room but she forgot to say something, so she turned around and looked at Mrs Oh, "You can just call me Halla", she said. She smiled and bowed to her and quickly went out.
 
 
 
Ra Hee was strumming her guitar in her house yard. Writing guitars chords on her music book. (http://youtu.be/aB8gBoNtxxg imagine Ra Hee play like this while you read this part). 
She strummed her guitar while humming to the music. 
 
A not-so-Korean-look guy came out from next house, it happened to be Jaehwan. So the male transfer student was Ra Hee's new neighbor. He didn't saw her face but the way she strummed the guitar looks beautiful. Ha had fallen in love with the melody. He came closer to her back end enjoyed the melody. As she stopped strumming, she stood up and jump out surprised to see someone at the back. She was more surprised to see Jaehwan who was standing there. "What the hell are you doing here?", she asked Jaehwan. 
 
"I live here", he said. Both of them had no clue that they lived next to each other. Ra Hee blinked her eyes a few time still in confusion. "Here?" she asked after a while. 
 
"I didn't know you lived here too", he laughed surprisingly. "Yeah, me too", Ra Hee smiled. "Oh, anyway, the song that you played just now.. Did you composed it?", Jaehwan asked. "Yup, I just came out with that kind of melody. So yeah", she said. "I see. It sounds nice though", he praised her. "Thanks...um what is your name? I...forgot", she asked shyly. Jaehwan scratch his hair and laughed, "Jaehwan... But you can call me Ken". 
 
"Ken?? Why Ken?", she asked. He laughed and said "Because....I...ah, before this, I looked through the internet and  saw Barbie's movie and her boyfriend's name was Ken... So... Umm I just love that name". Ra Hee burst into laughter, "What?? Barbie?? I couldn't believe you watched it?". Ken raised his hand trying to not make Ra Hee misunderstood him, "No! I just watched it once!!!". He blushed. 
 
"Oh, by the way, I do like guitars too", he said. "Really?? Oh you can join the school musical club though. We were out of guitarist! And we can jam together since we lived just next to each other", she offered. "Good idea! Sure!", Ken said happily. 
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️
 
Halla walked at the corridor and saw a notice on the wall. She read through it. 
 
 
Cheerleaders Squad
Join us! We need more girls to be the school cheerleaders to support our school football team.
This consider as a part time job and you will be paid.
First meeting will be held this Wednesday after school.
Thank You. 
 
 
 
As soon as she saw the word 'paid', she thought to join it. Then someone came approached her.
 
Oh Sehun, again.
 
"You want to join the squad? Join it! I will be there too", Sehun said.
"Stop joking around. You aren't a girl to join the cheerleaders team", she thought he was joking around. 
"What?? Ya! Don't say you don't know me??", Sehun asked. He expected Ra Hee had told her that he was one of the school football player.
"I just transferred here and you expect me to know all of the people here??", she said.
"Your bestfriend (referring to Ra Hee) didn't tell you about me??", he asked her while came closer to her face.
 
His face was just inch away from her. Halla's heart was beating fast all of a sudden and she didn't know why. He was...good looking. She thought to herself realizing that Sehun actually looks attractive. "Why would her tell me about you? Who are you?", Halla asked. 
 
Then, Ra Hee came to rescue her. What a relieved. "Ya, Oh Sehun! What are doing to her?", Ra Hee yelled from a far. Then, she clung her arm onto Halla's arm. "Let's go!", she pulled Halla away from Sehun. 
 
"Aish that sleepyhead!", he frustrated.