The Truth

Apple Of My Eye

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

 
Chen walked towards them. "Chen?", Ken stood up. "How did you know she was here?", Chen asked. Ken rubbed his neck at the back, "Mrs Jang told me she usually came here". 
 
Chen trying to put Ra Hee on his back to piggyback her. "No no, I will take her home", Ken said as he is her boyfriend so he should do it. "You haven't done this job before, so I won't trust you. By the way, thank you", Chen said and walked away while piggybacking Ra Hee. Left Ken alone behind. 
 
He walked slowly as he was enjoying the moment. He kinda missed their old days together. It's like, they haven't meet for a long time already. 
 
Chen talked to her as he knew that she weren't listening, "Ya, you stupid ugly Ra Hee, are you dumb? How can you say it was your first kiss? The first one to kiss you is Ken? Wah, I'm so disappointed. I know it's not your fault because you don't even remember anything that happened that night but still". Ra Hee heard him and confused with his words. "I kissed you that night" he confessed even he knew that the kiss was just an accident. "I'm sorry that I just realized that I like you", he added. His words made Ra Hee shocked and couldn't say anything but to just pretend she was still sleeping. 
 
As they arrived at Ra Hee's house, Chen put her on her bed and covered her with her blanket. He stared her face and went out. Ra Hee opened her eyes and look at Chen who was walking out from the room. I'm sorry, I don't know. 
 
The next morning, Mrs Jang came in with a bowl of soup for breakfast. "Honey, wake up. You feeling better? Are you going to school today?". 
 
"No mood to school, huh", she sighed and feel dizzy. "Mom, my head hurts a lot", she added and sounded weak. "Try to eat some, the soup is still hot" while handed her a spoon. "Just have a rest today", mom said. "Mom, my heart hurts too", she complained and grab her mom's hand. Mom ruffled her daughter's hair and asked, "What happened? Tell me". 
 
"I'm confused", she was about to tear up. "What is it about, darling?", mom was so worried as this is the first time her daughter acting up this way. It's weird. But no way she would tell her mom about what she's going through so she changed the topic, "Nothing, so how about you and dad? Have you guys settled down?". 
 
"How did you know?", mom asked. "Umm, I just know it". 
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️
 
At the school, Chen was looking for someone from the outside of Ra Hee's class. Then Ken approached him from the back. "Ra Hee is absent today", he said. "Ah, really?", Chen walked away wondering is she okay? 
 
 
"Few days left for the game!! Are you guys ready?", Chanyeol asked. "Of course, all ready!", they cheered.  
"I can't wait to beat them all! I waited for this game for so long! And finally yes!!", Baekhyun said. But Chen doesn't say any words, Kai patted his shoulder, "Are you okay?", he asked. 
 
"Um? Yeah, I'm okay. What were you guys talking about?", he asked which made all of them silent for a moment and looked at each other. Just what's wrong with him again. Chanyeol yelled, "Yaaa yaaaa, focus!! Don't think about anything else, our goals is to win the game, got it?". 
 
 
Ken visited Ra Hee. "Are you feeling better?", Ken asked. "Much more better, thank you for helping me that night", she thanked him. Ken just nodded and look down. "What happened actually, I seemed like can't remember anything", she said trying to receive explanation from him. "Uh? Hm I took you out from the club and", he stopped. 
 
"Then?"
 
"Chen came and brought you back home", he continued to finish his explanation. "Ah, I see", she nodded. 
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 
 
Days went out as usual. The boys were busy practicing since the game was just around the corner. While, Ra Hee and Ken were practicing for Seoul 2015 Annual Concert which will be held on the same day as the football game. 
 
Ra Hee was already let go of all the stressful, confusing thoughts and now she's back to the old Ra Hee. Except for getting along with Chen and Chanyeol. Chen was still dating Yoon Seo but actually in the same time he was confused with his feelings. While Halla and Sehun started to be close to each other. Sehun came to her mother's restaurant oftentimes just to see Halla. Both of them started to have feeling towards each other but still shy to confess. 
 
Sehun called Halla out but he made Halla waited for him for like half an hour. She was about to give up but then Sehun finally appeared out of nowhere. She hits Sehun's leg, "You're late!!". Sehun was suffering from the hit, "Ah ah! Traffic! Traffic jam! Not my fault!!". "You seriously!!", she gave up. "You look..pretty today", he complimented her. "What? Huh! I'm hungry, let's go, treat me", she pulled Sehun's hand which made him shock. At the same time, he was blushing and felt like wanted to scream out of happiness. She knew that he would like it so she just pretend to act like nothing happened. Although, she felt shy. 
 
Kai called Ra Hee, "Hello?"
"Why are you calling me suddenly?", she asked.
"Just to inform you that our game is on this Friday", he stated the fact.
"I know",
"Are you coming?", 
"I'm not sure yet, I've something too on that day", 
"What is it that so important than our game?", 
"I will tell you later", 
They hung up. 
 
Chen asked Kai, "What did she said?". The boys were there with Kai when he was on the phone with Ra Hee. "She's not sure yet, she got something to do so on the same day", Kai explained. "What is it?" Chen asked curiously. Kai shook his head unknowingly. 
 
"Till when are you going to be like this?" Baekhyun asked. All of them miss the old days of them as an inseparable bestfriend. But now they rarely see each other especially Ra Hee. "I miss her", Minseok said and pouted. "All of us do", Chanyeol said, "I haven't apologized to her yet", he added, "No one hit my head these days and I feel different", he added again. 
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️
 
Finally, its D-Day of the game and also the Annual Concert. Chen's team are warming up in the changing room. Yoon Seo came in and all of them screamed becuase they were topless, Chanyeol yelled, "GET OUT". Yoon Seo just walked to Chen who was covering his top with his shirt, "Chill, like Ra Hee sunbae haven't seen you guys topless, so why not me?". Kai furrowed his brow, What the hell with this girl, "She's Ra Hee. You're Yoon Seo". Yoon Seo asked "So?". Kai replied, "You are totally different from her, you can't even compare yourself with her". All of them doesn't have any idea why is Kai acted that way, saying things that could make her hurt. Chen quickly wore his shirt and pull Yoon Seo out of the room so that he could stop them. 
 
"Chill, bro", "What's wrong with you?", the boys asked Kai. "Nothing, it's just I don't even know what to say". "She's kinda annoying sometimes", he added. "I feel the same", Minseok said. 
 
Suddenly Chanyeol came out with some thoughts, "Wait". All of them look at Chanyeol. "Who introduced Yoon Seo to Chen? Because somehow it's weird how can Chen dating someone that he just know? Don't you feel the same thing, guys?". Mino just kept silent and turned his head down. Kai look at him, "Mino? You're her cousin, am I right?". Chanyeol was surprised, they didn't know that, "Cousin??!" "You seriously?". 
 
"I..I'm sorry, I should tell you guys earlier. I don't know things will turn out like this", he apologized. "What do you mean?", Baekhyun asked while crossing his arm. "It's all my fault. And actually, Dahye and Yuji who planned all this. But Yoon Seo is innocent, trust me", he explained. "I'm sorry", he apologized again. "How come Yoon Seo is innocent when she's involved in this case?", Kai asked. Minseok was scared with this kind of situation, he tried to stop them, "Guys, please, we have something important today so just stop and don't make things getting worse", but no one cared. 
 
Chen came in and felt something went wrong when he was not there, "What's wrong?". All of them stopped with their investigation and continued warming up. Suspicious, he thought to himself. 
 
While Ra Hee and Ken were waiting for their turns. "Are you ready?", Ken asked. Ra Hee smiled and nodded. At the same time, she was worried and wonder what's happening in the stadium. So she texted Halla.
 
[Halla-ya, where are you? Are you with the boys? You're gonna watch the game, right? Update me, please ㅠㅠ] 7:40pm;from Rahee
 
After a while, she received a text from Halla.
 
[Yeahㅌ.ㅌ, so many people here. Aren't you coming? I'm waiting for you??] 7:43pm;from Halla
 
[Oh really? I don't know if I could watch the game or no, I gotta to do something else. Thanks for waiting, sorry ㅠㅠ] 7:45pm;from Rahee
 
[It's okay, I will update you, no worries. It's gonna start soon!!] 7:50pm;from Halla
 
 
 
All the players lining up in straight line and facing their opponents. Chen was looking for someone. Kai noticed him and said, "Chen, focus! I don't think so she would come". Chen look disappointed but he needs to focus on the game. While Sehun, he saw Halla and Halla waved to him and screamed 'FIGHTING!!". The game started.
 
It's Ken and Halla turn, they sat on the stool at the stage and started to strum. Ra Hee sang. 
 
For the first half of the game, Chen's team lost few points. This time their strategy was not right so the players were all messed up. They need to catch many points more or they will lose. 
 
After the performance, Ra Hee took a look at her watch. It's already 8.30pm. First half already end, she thought to herself. She went outside and called Halla. "Halla, whats the score?
"12-3. Chen's team is out of point"
 
She hung up the call. Worried. 
 
During rest, all of them gather in the changing room. Chanyeol smashed the locker, "What happened to us?!". Then Mr Han came in with fiery look, "All in line" he instructed. So all of them lineup in a straight line infront of their coach, "Why aren't you guys focus during the game?". No one responded. "Seems like you're having a problem. What is it more important than this game?". No response as well. "Fine. There's no other choice but to just go ahead with the game. If you can score more that's good. If you can't, nevermind. We have second game next 2 weeks. So, solve your problem", "Got it? GO BE READY! FIGHT IT!", urged Mr Han. "We are truly sorry, coach", all of them apologized. The game started again. 
 
Ra Hee couldn't sit well in the hall, she keeps on looking at her watch.
 
"Something is bothering you?", Ken asked. She shook her head. 
"Is it about the game?", he asked knowing the answer. "Go", he said, "Go and give support to them", he added and gave sincere smile to her. 
 
"I'm sorry", she apologized with her lower voice. 
 
Ken grabbed her hand, "It's okay, I understand". So she ran out from the hall and trying to call out for taxi by the roadside. Once she managed to get one, she asked the taxi driver to drive as fast as he could.