Life

Apple Of My Eye

CHAPTER ONE 

 
Ra Hee was sleeping in the class. Suddenly someone knocking her table to wake her up, it was Chen. 
"Why are you waking me up?! I'm freaking tired", she said while yawning. "Ya! Can you close your mouth? You look ugly!", he advised. "So what? I don't even care what I look like in school, it's just a school", she said. Then she placed her head on the table and tried to sleep more. 
 
"Ya! Did you went to that place again yesterday?", Chen asked and 'that place' he mentioned referring to one club that Ra Hee usually goes. Ra Hee ignored his question as he could guess it already seeing her being sleepy in the morning. "What problem you're going through now? Tell me", Chen offered to lend his ear. Ra Hee put her head up and answered, "Period" and placed her head down again. 
 
Chen didn't ask more. 
 
 
It's a break time. Ra Hee went to the rooftop because she didn't have appetite to eat. She plugged in her earphone and put it into both of her ears. Chen opened the rooftop door bringing her a packet of sandwich. He handed it to Ra Hee. "Thank you but no thanks", she said refused to take the it. "Just take it and better have some bite, or you'll get gastric", he convinced her to take it but she didn't hear him because the music was on high volume. 
 
Chen had a deep sigh and took out her earphone from her ear. "WHAT?", she asked angrily because she doesn't like someone disturbing her when she's listening to music. "Have some!", Chen put the sandwich on her lap but she pushed it away hardly. "I DON'T NEED IT!", she yelled to him and it makes Chen felt disappointed. She was about to leave the rooftop but she felt guilty for throwing away the sandwich he bought for her. She took it on the floor, "I'll take it, I'm sorry" and ran out from the rooftop. 
 
When she's running down through the stairs, she bumped into the other boys which is Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Minseok and Baekhyun. Kai grabbed her arm and asked, "Where are you going? We are about to go to you guys" "Where is Chen?". Ra Hee pushed Kai's hand away from her arm, "He's upstairs" and left them with confusion. "What's wrong with both of them, again?", Sehun scratched his head of confusion. Others just shook their head, "Weirdo".
 
They climbed up the stairs and saw Chen leaning towards the wall scrolling through his phone. "Hey what are you doing?", Chanyeol tapped he on the shoulder. "Just scrolling through the school web, why?", Chen said. Sehun put his arm crossed and asked "Did both of you had a fight just now?". Chen shook his head, "No, she's not in the mood". 
 
 
Ra Hee walked through the corridor and bumped into the school's queenka. "Yaaa! Can't you see me?!", Yuji yelled frustratingly. "Huh?!" she pushed Ra Hee backwards. Ra Hee smacked Yuji's hand away from her and pushed her backwards even harder, "You...Don't think you're the queenka here and you can do everything to others. Mind your own business. And I'm sorry for my mistake. You get it?", and that leads Yuji getting more frustrated. As Ra Hee was about to leave her, Yuji pulled her hair. 
 
"Jang Ra Hee! You are seriously getting on my nerves, mind your words!", she said. Ra Hee was in pain as her face turned red. The incident made the other students gathered there watching over them. Then, the boys came and rescued her. Chanyeol yelled at Yuji to let go of Ra Hee's hair. Yuji had no choice but to just let go of her since Chanyeol asked her too. "Fine, I'll just let it go this time", Yuji whispered beside Ra Hee's ear. 
 
Chen put his hand on her shoulder, "You okay?". "I'm not", pushing away his hand and tied up her messy hair. 
 
 
School ended and it was time to go home. Ra Hee and the boys walked together untill the gate, then they split up and went to different direction. While Chen walked Ra Hee to her house because his house is in the same way as her. The entire walk to her house was quiet and awkward because of what had happened before. As they arrived infront of her house, Ra Hee broke the silence, "I'm sorry about what had happened before, at the rooftop", Ra Hee apologized with lower voice. "It's nothing, you're always like that. I'm used to it already" Chen gave a warm smile to comfort her and ruffled her hair. "Go in", Chen said. "Bye", she waved at him and went in. As he saw Ra Hee already went into her house, he continued walking to his house. 
 
☕️ ☕️ ☕️
 
The next morning, Ra Hee woke up and went to the toilet to brush her teeth and washed her face to get ready for her morning jog. 
 
She started to jog and suddenly one tall man came by her side jogging along. She had to lift up her head just to see who was the tall guy beside her. Oh, it's Chen. "Good morning" they greeted each other. "You're earlier today, I guess you managed to woke up by just one alarm" the tall guy Chen . He's not that tall but because she's a little bit shorter. "Shut up". Ra Hee sped up and left him alone. "Hey, wait for me!", he jogged after her. 
 
After they jog, they went to the abandoned basketball court that they usually spend most of their free time there. 
 
She hated basketball when she was still an innocent kid because she really wanted to play football like Chen but then he said its not suitable for girls. So, he thought her many things about basketball and she began to love it. Their childhood memories are all about basketball. As Ra Hee, she have her own hobby and interest. Besides clubbing, she loves to play musical instrument such as piano and guitar. Instruments are her toys. She inherited this hobby from her grandfather. He used to be a well known musician. As Chen, he hated music intruments, don't even know why. Even though he hated it, he still support her when she play music.
 
They first find out that abandoned court when they were seven. They kept all of their basketball memories there.  
 
They started to play. All the time its only Chen that kept the ball, he didn't even give her a chance, it was so frustrating but it was fun for her to play with him. To be honest, she havent shot any ball into the hoop all this while, it's because she can't reach the level to shoot the ball. They played it with excitement, forgot about homeworks that haven't done yet at home, . When they were playing, it reminded them their old days. Flashing back to their childhood.
 
Running while giggling, chasing after the ball, scrambling each other to get the ball, such a wonderful moment that they can't ever forget. For like an hour of playing, they get tired and rest by laying down on the cement. Both of them felt breathless and tired. Suddenly they burst into laughter. No idea why are they laughing, no funny things either. "Have fun?", he asked. "Yeah, I'm out of breath" she replied while taking deep breaths. He just laughed. 
 
He walked her to her house, "See ya later in school" she waved to him. "Alright, bye" he waved back and patted her hair then he left.