Part 11

The Backdoor

            "Oh Minseok!" Joonmyun surprised me right as I came from the bathroom, he must have been waiting for me.

            "What is it?" I asked because I didn't really know Joonmyun but he always acted like he had to like me because I was Jongdae's friend. He waited, eyes darting between me and the bathroom door until Luhan came out. "Are you ready to go?" I asked Luhan since Joonmyun hadn't said anything and then he let out a sigh.

            "Jongdae told me to tell you if you came out of the bathroom on good terms with Luhan, 'good luck', but if you were upset to call him immediately".

            "So he's gone?" I looked past him at everyone sitting at a table because they must have finished cleaning, but sure enough Jongdae wasn't with them. Joonmyun nodded yes and then shrugged his shoulders saying that he was just as confused and ill-informed as I was. "Should I call him?" I asked Luhan when Joonmyun returned to the rest of the group.

            "No, I think he probably wants to be left alone right now. He's had a lot to think about lately" Luhan took my hand and lead me to the table everyone was at. "Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, I'm sorry about earlier. Let me make it up to you okay?" Chanyeol kept pouting but Kyungsoo got this creepy smile like he had something sinister lined up for his bandmate and then Chanyeol let himself laugh.

            "It's alright. I'm glad you're feeling better" he threw his hands into the air in a tired stretch, letting one of his long limbs come down to rest on Baekhyun's shoulder next to him and then looked down at the two of us holding hands.

            "We're going to leave now" Luhan announced with an emphasis on the 'we' part, making me will myself not to blush, and failing.

            "Have fun Minseok" Baekhyun called as we left followed by a high pitched "ouch don't pinch me Park Chanyeol!" and Luhan laughed.

            The car ride to my apartment was very quiet but not awkward. Luhan asked me how the date with Jongdae went and I blushed because I didn't expect him to know about that. "Good" I replied simply and he stared at me with his eyebrow cocked until I told the truth. "It was unnatural feeling. Like when my father tried to arrange an evening with the girl that I'd been going to classes with since I was four".

            Luhan didn't want to hear any more details and I didn't ask him about what he'd been doing since the last time we'd talked because I had a feeling it wasn't much. It was quiet but it wasn't awkward. I watched the road like the careful driver I was and Luhan stared out the window and through his reflection in the window I could see that he had a slight smile on his face.

            I slipped out of my shoes at the doorway telling myself that I'd put them away later and placed my keys in their place on the counter. "So,” I turned to Luhan who was waiting for me to tell him what to do, “do you watch the news?”

            “The news? I just use Google if I hear that something has happened” he didn’t sound very interested in watching but still followed me into the living room without complaint and took a seat on the complete opposite side of the couch.

            I the TV and flipped it to the channel that was broadcasting the news right now. The girl that I had watched for earlier had gained a permanent position, I realized that because I’d started watching the news every night instead of just at random points throughout the day and she was still on despite the other girl being back from the hospital. “Would you believe she’s a master in Taekwondo?” I asked Luhan because we’d just been sitting and watching without saying a word to each other.

            “You know her?” he replied pointing when she appeared on screen again.

            “She was in a few of my classes when I took them as a teenager. I tried to pretend like I let her beat me because I had a crush on her but in reality she was just better than me”

            “You had a crush on her?” he found that very amusing, “So this is your type?” he turned his eyes back to the screen and tried to study her quickly while she was still on the screen.

            “That was a long time ago, and I don’t really have a type” I picked up the remote and turned the TV back off because the hour was almost over.

            “How do you not have a type?” Luhan questioned, “No fantasy about ‘the perfect other’?”

            I shook my head no and he scoffed like he still didn’t believe me. “What about you? What’s your ideal?”

            “Hmm” he inched over towards the middle of the couch as he thought. “Definitely someone loud, someone who’s as passionate about music as I am, and has a good fashion sense”

            I frowned, “That’s nothing like me”.

            He chuckled as he filled in the rest of the space between us, placing his hand on my shoulder. “No, you’re really not my type, but you’re still perfect”

            I slumped back onto the couch as he leaned closer, but like before he wasn’t going to go all the way himself. I couldn’t say that I thought Luhan was perfect, or that I agreed I was perfect because I knew I wasn’t, but that moment was perfect as I grabbed hold of his shirt and pulled him down into a kiss.

            “You’ll let me stay the night right?” he asked even though I thought it was already pretty clear since the last train had already left and I wasn’t going to make him pay to take a taxi home, if he could even get one this late. I kissed him again to let him know that I wasn’t going to let him go anywhere and he pulled away with a smile. “And I can borrow some of your clothes?"

            "I guess" I hadn't even thought about the fact that Luhan had nothing to change into and the jeans he was wearing wouldn't be very comfortable to sleep in.

            "Good" he sat up, "I'm going to take a shower okay"

            I wanted to pout until we laid there together for a little longer but I wasn't going to deny him a shower so I also got up and helped him find a towel. I knocked to tell him that I had a pile of clothes for him to change into and although the shower was running he said come in. He had just pulled off his shirt when I entered, the lean muscles of his back flexing as he pulled the fabric over his head and relaxing when he discarded it. "You can change into these" I set them down on the counter next to the towel, trying hard not to stare when I could see him ing his pants in the mirror. He thanked me and I left quickly so that he couldn't see my flushed face, even if I could have just played it off as the steam building up he probably wouldn't have believed me.

            After I also changed I decided to go get a glass of water, make a snack, clean something, anything that justified me leaving my room because sitting in there hearing Luhan shower, he was even humming a tune, was making me anxious for some reason. It was no use though, even in the kitchen I could still just barely hear the sound of the water and his humming resonating through my small apartment, and then it stopped.

            Should I offer to sleep on the couch? I thought and immediately knew that was stupid. It wasn't like Luhan and I hadn't shared a bed before anyways, even if that was because we were both slightly intoxicated. I knew this time would be different though and I was feeling slightly intimidated by the thought of Luhan lying in my bed waiting for me.

            I waited for him to finish dressing and come to find me, but he never did so I in a deep breath and headed back to my bedroom. I expected him to be busy doing something but all the lights were off and I could just barely see through the dark a mound under the blankets.

            "Are you coming?" he rolled over and sat up after I'd been standing there for a while.

            "Ah, yes" I tried not to mumble but my voice barely came out. The room was warm because of the steam that had been released from the bathroom but I still lifted the comforter up and slid underneath it.

            I wasn't used to my bed being this warm. Staring up at the ceiling, I wondered if we were just going to go to sleep like this if I even could now. "Minseok" Luhan whispered and I looked over but I couldn't see him because my eyes still hadn't gotten used to the dark. I couldn't even ask 'what?' before I was startled by an arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me towards the middle of the bed until I was completely pressed against a hot, slightly damp, body. "Good night" he added after nuzzling next to me.

            "Good night" I repeated and closed my eyes; before I knew it I actually was comfortably asleep.

 

            I was always an early riser. When I woke up my body felt a little stiff from staying curled up next to Luhan all night so I tried to stretch without waking him up and he simply rolled over onto his back in an unconscious response to the movement. I glanced at my clock, it was only 9 am. We'd gotten back pretty late so Luhan must have been very tired but I was already wide awake.

            After realizing that it was creepy to just lay there and stare at his sleeping face until he woke up, I quietly got up and went to make some coffee. As I was making the coffee, even though I was really bad about skipping breakfast because I had important things to do, since I didn't have any plans for today I pulled out some pans and began to make something for us to eat.

            Since I wasn't a bad cook I was able to gather up and make something from the few things I had in the kitchen without a recipe. Most of which were things that Jongdae had brought over when I was sick so I felt a little guilty using them to make breakfast for Luhan and I.

            As I was thinking about that I remembered what Joonmyun said last night, did Jongdae really wish me good luck? Sure things between the two of us weren't working out the way he thought they would be, mostly because even though I wanted to try I just couldn't bring myself to think of him as anything more than a really great friend, I still didn't think he wanted Luhan and I to make up.

            Just as I was really beginning to question his behavior last night a pair of hands wrapped around my shoulders and I was engulfed by a body leaning against my back. "It smells delicious" Luhan sounded drowsy but I was glad he was awake, just in time too because this was the last thing that needed cooking and I was almost done.

            "Good morning" I laughed because when I glanced over at him I could see his hair was sticking up, he must not have dried it properly before going to bed. "Did you sleep well?"

            A wide smile spread across his face, "Your bed is much more comfortable than mine, especially with you in it" I expected him to give me a sweet ‘good morning’ kiss but instead he in as much air as his cheeks would fill before pressing his lips to my cheek and blowing as hard as he could.

            “What was that?!” he was lucky I didn’t accidently take the pan full of food I was cooking and throw it over my shoulder onto him.

            He let go of me so he could fall over onto the counter in laughter. “I couldn’t help it Baozi your cheeks are just too cute!”

            I moaned because I couldn’t believe he still remembered that ridiculous pet-name he’d given me. “Just sit down and eat your breakfast” I made the two of us a plate and refilled my mug before taking my usual spot at the table next to him.

 

            My mornings were like this for a while, I always woke up before Luhan and sometimes I would just lay there and watch his long eyelashes flutter as he was dreaming. He was so peaceful when he slept, and the sheets were so warm, I couldn’t imagine not constantly feeling his presence anymore.

            Of course it wasn’t perfect; we had a few fallings every now and then, mostly about him not being as clean as I was. A big problem however was our schedules, because they didn’t match up or because I stayed late Luhan would end up waiting outside the apartment for me to get home to let the both of us in.

            Tonight was one of those nights that I was out later than I said I would be so Luhan sat on the bench with his earbuds in and patiently waited for me so we could shower, eat dinner, and go to bed. He didn’t notice me when I pulled up so I went to sit next to him.

            It was colder tonight than it’d been recently so when I sat down I sat as close to him as I could. I expected him to ask me how my day had been like he usually did but he just smiled and took my hand then continued to stare ahead of him at the busy street.

            I watched him for a moment before closing my eyes and leaning my head on his shoulder. We were out in the open, right in front of my apartment where all my neighbors could see us, but I didn’t care, I just wanted this simple moment.

            “We should go inside, you’re cold” Luhan finally nudged me with his shoulder and stood up. He waited as I dug into my pocket and retrieved a key.       

            “Use this” I handed the single key to him and he examined it closely.

            “This isn’t your key?”

            “No, it’s yours” I chuckled because I knew he’d be shocked but I didn’t think he would make a big deal out of it. “That’s why I was so late; I went to have it made”.

            “I can go use it now?” he sounded like an excited little kid at Christmas that wanted to play with their presents before they’d even opened all of them. I nodded and he ran over to the door, the key slid in smoothly because it was freshly cut and it unlocked with ease. I let him go in first; he stepped in and just stood there without taking his shoes off or even turning on the lights.

            “Are you hungry?” I tried to lighten the mood as I took my shoes off and set my keys in their spot but when I turned around to tell him to turn the light on already he grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss.

            “Minseok, thank you” he let his head fall to my shoulder and hugged me.

            “It’s not a big deal, I just didn’t want you waiting outside anymore” I actually felt awkward right now, if I knew he was going to act this way I would have just left it on the table with a note tomorrow morning.

            “No, thank you for giving me another chance. I’ve been so careful because I didn’t want to screw anything up, and now you trust me this much”

            I pulled away and he looked at me with a slightly frightened expression like he was thinking I was trying to get away from him, but I was just trying to get him to look at me so that he could see that I was serious. “I do trust you”

            I wasn’t exactly sure what we were planning on, how long this could last before we were thrown some severe obstacles, but while our relationship was still peaceful I was going to thoroughly enjoy it. I gave him a quick peck before pulling his arms from me. “Now let’s get something to eat”. I kept his hand in mine and pulled him along to the kitchen without looking back so he couldn’t see me smiling.

 

*This chapter was actually kind of hard for me to write... because of that I'm sorry if it lacks in emotion, romanticism, fluffiness, etc. Originally I had it with Minseok saying "Because I love you" but I thought it was too soon to be dropping the L word (lesbians) so I changed it to "I do trust you" which I actually think is better for now.

Now for another thing, I mentioned before that this story is going to stay pg-13 but that I would also have a little extra for you if you were interested...... well I have the first chapter of that up and it fits somewhere in the middle of this chapter (doesn't matter where just use your imagination) so if you are one that wants a little more spice follow this link! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/994920/1 I hope you enjoy it!*