Baekyeol Extra

The Backdoor

            "Hey ‘Yeol!" Baekhyun came running through the bar after he'd taken an extra-long break which made Jongin angry because he wanted to end his shift early so he could get ready for his date. "Check this out!" he threw his phone in front of the bartender's face. It was a video he'd found of someone making a large drink and sliding it down the counter over to the waiter who then served it to an amused customer.

            "I could do that" Chanyeol scoffed and continued doing what he was doing.

            "Really? Then do it" Baekhyun put his fist on his hip, the 'I'm not moving until you show me' stance.

            "Alright" Chanyeol accepted his challenge, pulling out the largest glass they offered and filling it full of beer until it was nearly overflowing. "Are you ready to catch this?"

            Baekhyun was smiling as he moved to the end of the counter and got into a stance, knees bent slightly so he could move fast, hands open. "Let's go" he gave Chanyeol the words and he slid the glass back before attempting to send it flying toward the waiter, but the glass just knocked over with a loud thud of glass against wood and the drink spilt everywhere.

            "Look what you made me do!" Chanyeol cried and Baekhyun burst out laughing. It was a good thing they were slow today because they were being so noisy that it would have annoyed any customers that weren't used to their daily antics.

            "See I knew you couldn't do it" Baekhyun whipped the beginning of a tear of laughter from the corner of his eye and went over to Chanyeol to give him his towel.

            "Let me see that video again" Chanyeol refused the towel but took his phone. "Look! The counter is wet so that the glass slides across easier" He felt a part of their counter that wasn't wet now with the spilled drink. "See this is too rough that's why it knocked over"

            "Okay" Baekhyun replied, not really caring why Chanyeol failed because he knew he couldn't do it in the first place.

            "Go get me some soapy water from the back"

            Baekhyun returned with a bucket and they both dunked rags into it, working at both ends of the counter to cover it with a layer of soap and water. Chanyeol filled the glass back up and Baekhyun stayed at the end, this time not in a ready stance, and Chanyeol sent the glass sliding about halfway down the counter before it slowly stopped.

            "One more try!" Chanyeol cried enthusiastically, the few customers they hand today were all turned around in their seats now to watch if the third time was really the charm. He slid the glass back, and with more force than before sent it sliding down the counter over to Baekhyun, it worked, he'd done it, but it was going too fast.

            Baekhyun hadn't prepared himself so when Chanyeol actually did it the glass went flying off the counter, airborne for what seemed like a solid minute while Baekhyun tried frantically to catch it, but it was too late, the glass hit the floor and shattered.

            The two looked at each other before quickly running over to the mess before- "What was that?!" the manager Joonmyun came out of his office to see what all the commotion was about. He looked over at his nephew Kai who pointed right at the two buffoons on this floor.

            "Chanyeol, Baekhyun?" he sighed, "What did you do this time?" he asked before he opened his eyes and saw the huge spill behind them, the equally huge spill in front of the bar, and the glossy wet counter top.

            "Chanyeol was trying to do a trick" Baekhyun began to explain.

            "Baekhyun showed me this video" Chanyeol in and Baekhyun sent him a piercing glare so he shut up.

            "I don't care what you were trying to do" Joonmyun stopped them because he'd heard enough of their excuses. "Just get this cleaned up and get back to work. That glass is coming out of both of your paychecks"

            “You didn’t have to throw me under the buss like that” Chanyeol pouted as they returned to the mess.

            “You’re the one who pushed it too hard” Baekhyun sounded sulky because he knew he started it.

            “Let me get the glass” He grabbed the waiter’s hand but he pulled away and tried to quickly pick up as many pieces as he could, cutting one of his fingers in the process. “I told you!” Chanyeol grabbed tightly onto his hand this time. “It’s bleeding, I’ll go get you a band aid” he went back into the bar and pulled out the safety kit and rummaged around for the strips. He peeled the papers back and helped wrap it around Baekhyun’s slender finger, giving it a little kiss when he was done. “There all better?”

           

            Baekhyun watched his hands as his finished cleaning up, not able to look away from his hurt finger. The image triggered something, a memory he couldn’t picture anymore yet he knew it was important to him.

            People always wondered why he and Chanyeol were together, they fought all the time about petty things and both got annoyed at each other on a weekly basis. Being around Chanyeol was a tiring task, but every now and then there would be something Chanyeol would do or say that would just make Baekhyun smile so hard that it made his heart hurt. Those moments were why he stayed with him.

            We met in their last year of high school. I moved to Seoul and transferred to Chanyeol’s school in the middle of the first semester. Because school had been moving along for so long already most of the students already had their group of friends chosen and there really wasn’t any room for some new like me.

           I tried hard to make people like me, and they did I was a great person to be around always full of bright things to say, but when the bell rang they left me like I was just temporary entertainment, not a real friend.

            It was gym class and they were all outside before it got too cold to do outdoor activities. The two classes were competing against each other in a soccer match and I was trying my hardest to impress someone when I stole the ball from the other team, turned it around, and went running as fast as I could towards their goal.

            My classmates that were on the sidelines started yelling for me as I managed to get closer and closer to the goal but then I saw who the goalie was, an unnecessarily tall and long limed… human? I got a little nervous but was still trying to be confident in myself as I prepared to take my shot. I kicked the ball as hard as I could, forgetting to aim, and just wished that it would magically make it in. I hadn’t watched but I peaked his eyes open when I heard gasps, did I score?

            The goalie lay on the grass with his hands on his head; apparently I had kicked the ball as hard as I could, right into his face. “Take him to the infirmary!” the coach yelled pointing at me because it was my fault. I nodded and ran over to help him up, we struggled at first because he was like twice my size, but he could still walk pretty easily as long as he kept his arm around my shoulder.

            “That’s quite an aim you have” he laughed breathlessly as we walked down the hallways alone.

            “I’m sorry I wasn’t aiming” I told him so he wouldn’t think I’d done this on purpose.

            “Oh, that’s too bad; I was kind of hoping you were aiming for my striking looks”

            “Striking looks?” I scoffed, who was this guy? We reached the infirmary but the nurse was out so I stayed to wait with him even though I just wanted to get back to class and try to redeem myself.

            “My name is Park Chanyeol, we’re in different classes so I don’t think I know you” he tried to start some small talk while we waited.

            “Byun Baekhyun” I introduced myself. “I moved here from Bucheon a few weeks ago”

            “That explains why I’ve never seen you before”

            “Yeah” I replied dully and the room was filled with silence again.

            “Well who knows when the nurse is coming back, I just need some headache medicine” he stood up and moved over to a cabinet full of pill bottles and began rummaging around.

            “Shouldn’t you wait? What if you have a concussion or something?”

            “I’m fine just come help me look” He was easily reaching the top shelves so I started at the bottom, looking for something to cure a headache when I accidently brushed up against something and knocked a glass over breaking it. “Here let me get it”

            “No it was my fault” I bent down and tried to quickly pick up the broken glass before the nurse returned and accidently cut one of my fingers.

           “I think I saw some band aids over here” he signed when he saw I was bleeding. “Put the glass down and come here”

            I threw what I’d already picked up away and went over to where he was unwrapping a band aid, I wanted to do it myself but he refused and grabbed my hand to wrap it around my finger.

            It wasn’t a long process, putting a band aid on, but he didn’t it slowly and precisely, keeping my hand in his after he was done and examining it for any more cuts. “You’re hands are really pretty” he mumbled.

            I pulled away quickly and he smiled a toothy grin. I looked up at him, the sunlight from the window was shining around him making his black eyes glow and his hair shine, ‘striking good looks’.

            “I’m sorry for keeping you waiting” the nurse came in then breaking the moment. “What happened?”

            Chanyeol explained that I kicked a soccer ball into his face but he was okay because he didn’t have a black eye or a broken nose or anything and the nurse checked his vision before going to the cabinet we were rummaging through earlier and retrieved a bottle from the middle. He got two pills for his headache and we were sent back to class with a “Be more careful next time”

            It was time to change when we got back so Chanyeol said bye to me before his class left. Later at lunch I tried to find a place to sit, I’d been sitting with a couple of guys before but they hadn’t been showing much interest so I decided to move.

            “Baekhyun!” Someone called me by my first name. I looked in the direction of the call to see Chanyeol sitting at a round table filled with people, there was only one seat left and he patted it for me. “Hey guys this is the guy who sent a ball flying into my face today” he introduced me and I sighed, that was not how I wanted to be known.

            “That’s great!” one of his friends burst out laughing and Chanyeol threw a french fry at him.

           

            “I can’t believe I forgot about that!” Chanyeol chuckled when Baekhyun reminded him how they’d met as they were walking to the station to catch the last train after work. “But when did we start dating?”

            “You asked me to come over while your parents were gone to watch a movie and it ended in a make out session” Baekhyun was a little annoyed that Chanyeol didn’t remember what he did.

            “Oh yeah! That was a good movie” he replied and let out a squeal when he was pinched in his side. Baekhyun flinched thinking Chanyeol was trying to get him back but he just threw his arm around his shoulder. “Hey, my parents aren’t home”

            “You don’t live with your parents anymore” he reminded him.

            “Want to come over and watch a movie?”

 

*It's been so long since I updated!(; ̄д ̄) I know this is probably not what you wanted haha... but don't worry I'm almost done with the next part of the main plot line. Things were getting a little dramatic in both this story and in my life so I decided to take a little break with this. I hope you like it and I hope everyone who's started or is starting school now works hard and dosen't get too stressed out~*