CHAPT 8

FORCES OF LOVE

(4A)

'Crap, I have to meet Baekhyun right after this. I'm not mentally nor emotionally ready,' Taeyeon thought to herself as her English teacher wrapped up the last lesson of the day.

She hadn't seen him at all in school since the incident and she was kinda glad about it. She hadn't fully sorted out her feelings. And even if she had truly, genuinely established a liking for him, she knew he would never like her back.

She sighed to herself and she put her books away. 'Kim Taeyeon, just act as you normally would. You and Baekhyun have effectively not given two s about each other for the past 4 years. You can do it again for a day,' she consoled herself.

(4B)

Adrenaline was flowing through Baekhyun. In less than 5 minutes, he would be seeing the person he had been thinking about. He didn't know why he was excited to see her. He just was.

As soon as class ended, he hurriedly packed his things, waved goodbye to his friends and rushed for the door.

'Someone's in a hurry,' Minseok pointed as soon as Baekhyun was out of earshot.

'I know, right,' Jongdae said as he approached Minseok from the back, joining his monologue. 'He's been acting strange all day. Something's definitely on his mind.'

'I have no idea what this is about. We haven't hung out in days since he was always with Taeyeon, preparing for the science fair.'

Jongdae's eyes immediately widened. 'Oh!' left his lips as a reflex action. An idea had just popped into his head. 'You don't think that she's the one he's been thinking of, do you?' Jongdae slowly questioned out of curiosity.

'Eyyyh seolma. They even got into a nasty fight on the first day of preparations,' Minseok dismissed the thought.

'You never know, man,' Jongdae said as he motioned to the door, signaling that it is was time for them to head home.

As they were walking in the corridor, heading towards the staircase, they saw a familiar figure whose side was facing them from a distance. The person was leaning against the corridor's railings, while staring intently at something, or someone.

They traced the person's line of sight to see who he was staring at, but their eyes landed on something surprising. Kim Taeyeon was exiting her classroom, looping her arm through the strap of her backpack.

'Why is Baekhyun staring at her??' they exclaimed, but softly enough not to snap Baekhyun out of his trance.

'Holyyyy,' Jongdae whispered in slow motion, earning a slap on the arm from Minseok.

They quietly sneaked away to the staircase, before Baekhyun could notice that he was being spied on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun was relaying everything to Mr. Oh to get the final approval for their plans for the science fair.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was deep in thought, a frown visible on her face. She was trying to recall all the memories of Baekhyun that she had, focusing on his face. All that was rushing through her head went something like this.

'Were his eyes always this colour?' 'Wow his jawline is actually on fleek' 'Stop thinking about him, Kim Taeyeon!' 'Bu- but- look at that smi-'

'Hello! Earth to Taeyeon!' Baekhyun said as he waved his hand in front of Taeyeon's blissful face. (Bliss induced by what she was just thinking about, HAH) Her expression then changed rapidly afterwards. Bewildered. Apprehensive. Embarrassed. Her whole face was red.

'Sorry, I was just thinking of something,' she quickly explained, a little too vaguely.

'As i was saying,' Mr. Oh enunciated loudly on purpose. 'The two of you are now free to focus on your own class booths. You may check up on the other classes, if you want. Other than that, you'll just have to plan the setting up of the booths in the gym the day before the fair.'

'Okay, thanks Mr. Oh,' Baekhyun politely responded. Taeyeon just held up an 'okay' sign with her fingers.

The two of them proceeded to walk away from the office, towards the school gate.

'Should I do it?' 'Should I not?' these two questions were on repeat in Baekhyun's mind as he walked alongside the silent Taeyeon. 'Aah what the heck. I have nothing to lose anyways' he thought one last time before clearing his throat to get Taeyeon's attention. As soon as she turned her head towards him, he said, 'I was wondering if you wanted to grab some pizza right after this.'

Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise, causing him to lose what little confidence he had to begin with. 'Errr, yknow, to discuss the fair's setup,' he nervously explained, ending it with an awkward little laugh.

'Hmm sure,' she responded coolly. What was running through her head was not cool at all, though. 'DID HE JUST ASK ME OUT ON A DATE??' 'IS THIS EVEN A DATE??' 'Wow, okay. Deep breaths'

Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief when Taeyeon accepted his invitation. His stomach was doing backflips and his emotions were running wild. He had never been on a date before; let alone ask someone out on a date.

They continued to walk towards the pizza parlor located opposite their school in silence, while their minds frantically screamed out loud.

 

A/N :

again guys, so sorry for making u guys wait!!! im trying to get the baekyeon going!!!