CHAPT 11

FORCES OF LOVE

The past few days had been busy in Soonshin High. The hallways were always bustling with students, walking in and out of their classrooms while carrying boxes and equipment. The school, which was usually vacated by 5 pm, was now bursting with life till 6.30 in the evening. Students were laughing, chatting and hollering at each other, just to keep themselves awake as they prepared their booths for the big science fair that would be held in two days.

The preparation for Class 4B's molecular genetics themed booth was tiring and complicated. They had to construct double helixes out of cardboard from scratch. They also had to catch up with their piles of homework and tests.

Next door, Class 4A was frantically trying to pull off their human eye booth. There was a myriad of activities in their noisy and hectic classroom. At one corner, you could see a group of students with paintbrushes and palates, carefully and intricately painting a 3D model of the eye. On the opposite side of the classroom, another bunch of them were rehearsing their lines for their presentation at the booth.

Taeyeon was among the painters, channeling her inner artist. Due to her known love for art, she was immediately assigned to the art team. Her fingers were red from gripping the brush for hours on end. Her arms were aching and she could barely lift her eyelids anymore.

'You know what, I think I'll go outside for a breath of fresh air,' she sleepily informed her equally lifeless teammate.

Putting her brush down and walking straight out of the classroom, she stretched her arms and yawned. It was already almost 6 pm and she had been in school since 7 am. Sighing loudly at the great misfortune that was her life, she plonked down onto the floor outside her classroom. She decided to close her eyes just for a moment, to take a breather from all the craziness that was happening behind the wall she was leaning on.

'Taeyeon-ah, Taeyeon, wake up it's 6.30 pm.'

'Huh?' Taeyeon slowly lifted her heavy eyelids, adjusting her line of sight. She saw a slim, male figure crouched down next her.

'Oh? Baekhyun? What's going on?' she asked as she rubbed her eyes. In her daze, she had no memory of how she ended up sprawled on the floor in front of her classroom.

'I was just about to go home when I saw you here.'

Taeyeon sat up from her position, triggering Baekhyun to hold out his hand to pull her up. She looked into her classroom through the window and saw all her classmates packing their things, getting ready to go home.

'Thanks for waking me up, I should head inside now,' she politely said, masking the explosion of emotions that she was feeling on the inside. She was totally embarrassed because her crush saw her sleeping unglamorously, but she was also kinda touched that he woke her up looked and looked ((slightly)) concerned about her.

Also, she was quite excited to see him. They hadn't even bumped to each other in school after their date, because they were just that busy. She wiped the small smile off her face before she walked back into her classroom.

'Taeyeon, where the heck have you been, seriously?!' all her teammates shrieked the minute they saw her walking towards them.

'I'm really sorry guys. I fell asleep on the corridor floor,' she explained apologetically.

They raised their eyebrows at her suspiciously but they didn't have the energy to press her on her absence, so they told her to go home.

---

BAEKHYUN'S POV

Finally after all that work, it was time to go home. I hurriedly shoved my books into my bag and headed out the door. I was starving and homesick so I just left without even saying goodbye to anyone.

I brisk walked out of the classroom, focusing on the front. But something caught my peripheral vision. I turned my head to the side, and saw a girl spread out on the floor outside class 4A. My eyes widened in panic, as I immediately rushed to her side. Instinctively, I stuck my finger under her nose. She was breathing. I hadn't even moved the hair from her face so I didn't know who she was. I carefully tucked her hair behind her ears, revealing the girl's identity.

'Kim Taeyeon!!'

No response or signs of awakening. I shook her shoulder multiple times but she was still very deeply sleeping. Giving up, I crouched down, staring at her face. She is so beautiful. The peaceful look on her face made me subconsciously smile to myself. I couldn't help but reach my hand out. My fingers trembled as I hesitantly her cheek once. I knew I shouldn't have done it. Everyone would soon be pouring out of the classroom, and might catch me in my act. But my heart had full control over my muscles that day. Her skin was extremely smooth and supple. I could tell that she wasn't wearing any products on her face at all.

'She's a natural beauty,' I subconsciously thought out loud, only to quickly cover his mouth, hoping that no one had heard me. Snapping out of my daydream, I continued to wake her up till I succeeded.

The look on her face when she woke up was hilarious. She looks so cute when she's dazed. I had to put in so much effort into hiding my grin and stopping myself from chuckling at her.

I helped her up, hoping that maybe we could go home together, but no such luck. When she saw all her classmates still inside, she immediately her heels and left me to go back inside.

I shrugged my shoulders and went home.

 

A/N : 

hi everyone!!!!! the end of this fic is a few updates away so prepare yourselves. The fic hit 60 subscribers and i am very very grateful!!! Thanks for reading <3