CHAPT 9

FORCES OF LOVE

'Soooo,' Taeyeon elongated her words, in a feeble attempt to break the awkward silence between them. They had just placed their order and were now waiting for their pizza to arrive. She tapped her fingers on the edge of the rectangular table, and looked around the room. There were a few other students in the parlor, most of which were couples. Her eyes caught a pair of year 3s practically swallowing each other's faces. She scrutinized them, disgust spread all over her face. 'Gross,' she thought out loud.

'Right. The fair,' Baekhyun began loudly, so as to get her attention back. 'Geez, she really has the attention span of a fly,' he thought to himself.

Immediately turning her head back to face him, she retorted, 'yupp, the fair.'

'Since it'll be held on a Saturday, everyone should start setting up their booths as soon as they finish their classes,' he laid the rules.

Taeyeon nodded her head. 'This means that we'll have to stay the latest and come on Saturday the earliest, right?' she asked a question that she knew the answer to.

'Just you and me,' he said as they both chuckled bitterly.

'Well you know what Uncle Ben says, 'with great power comes great responsibility',' she added, matter-of-factly in a sarcastic, high-pitched voice.

Just then, their two medium-sized pizzas arrived. The cute waiter seemed to have a lot of time on his hands since he even managed to wink at Taeyeon before leaving their table.

Taeyeon smiled in return, her cheeks flushed red. Due to her zoning-out into dreamworld, she was oblivious to the fact that Baekhyun was glaring at the waiter and Taeyeon alternately. 'How dare he hit on a school girl!' Baekhyun yelled in his mind.

He immediately yanked a slice of the warm pizza and shoved it into his mouth.

'Let's eat,' he said, with his mouth full of uneaten pizza. He successfully managed to wake Taeyeon up from her dream, as she proceeded to snap her head towards him. Seeing how he already had started on the food, Taeyeon, too, got a slice to start munching on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon and Baekhyun were in a good mood. The delectable pizza was lifting their spirits, and they had been laughing about how a bunch of freshmen mistook Dr. Kwon, their biology teacher, for the janitor, on their first day of school.

'I mean, he was asking for it,' Taeyeon said in between giggles. 'Did you see the tracksuit he was wearing?!'

Their conversation was barely even funny, yet they laughed their hearts out together that day, jumping from one topic to another.

'Hey you have tomato sauce on your face, little kid,' Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun,

'Where??' Baekhyun asked, as he began touching his face randomly.

'There, doofus,' she pointed to his left cheek.

After a few moments of more unsuccessful random face-touching, Taeyeon grabbed a napkin and leaned forward, just enough to reach his face. She smoothly wiped the sauce off. 'There,' she said, still chuckling.

'Thanks, mom,' Baekhyun said cheekily. This time it was his turn to merong at Taeyeon. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, before bursting into more laughter.

This continued until they had finished all their pizza, and were ready to head back home.

'I feel heavy,' Baekhyun commented, rubbing his belly.

'Can you walk? Do you need me to carry you?' Taeyeon said, mockingly as she lunged forward to get all up in Baekhyun's face.

Her eyes were sparkling. Her deep brown orbs, playfully piercing into his. He briefly glanced at her lips that were in the shape of a naughty grin.

'I could kiss you right now,' were the words that Baekhyun said in his head, and couldn't manage to voice out, because Taeyeon suddenly turned around and ran away.

'My bus is here, gotta go!' She called out to him as she snapped her head backwards, her long brown hair flowing behind her.

Baekhyun was left glued to his spot, staring at Taeyeon's back as it got smaller and smaller; Trying his best to digest and comprehend the frenzy that was going on in his head and heart.

 

A/N :

two chapters in a day as a form of redemption hahaahah. wish me luck for the first day of sch tomorrow xx