CHAPT 4

FORCES OF LOVE

'Kim Taeyeon, come out!'

The noisy class suddenly went silent.
Everyone in 4A instantly turned their heads to where that voice was coming from. They had just settled in their seats after coming up to class once assembly ended. The class was buzzing, everyone chatting with their tablemates.

'Yah Byun Baekhyun! Are you trying to pick a fight with us?!' someone shouted back.

'Geez, the least he could do was be respectful even though he doesn't like us' another said to her tablemate, a little too loudly on purpose so that Baekhyun could hear it too.

Baekhyun simply rolled his eyes. 'Kim Taeyeon,' he called out again, sternly. He didn't yell, this time round. He didn't want to waste his energy on her.

'Taeyeon isn't here!' Hyoyeon retorted. She was seated closest to the corridor window, where Baekhyun was standing.

'Where did she go?'

'Class 1A' Tiffany and Chanyeol called out simultaneously.

'Jinx! You owe me a soda.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachers and students did a double take when they saw Baekhyun sprinting down the stairs, through the corridors.

'Why is he running like that?'
'He looks crazy.' Students whispered to each other as they passed Baekhyun through the hallways.

'Wait a minute. IS THAT BYUN BAEKHYUN?!' everyone had that common reaction.

After what felt to him like ages, Baekhyun finally reached the door of Class 1A. Without hesitating, he pushed the door open and stormed in.

The students were in their seats, shouting out words like 'photosynthesis' and 'molecular genetics'. And Taeyeon was there, busily writing everything on the whiteboard.

'KIM TAEYEON!'

Baekhyun made a scene for the second time that day, all within 10 minutes.

Taeyeon had been preparing herself. She knew he would definitely come after her. What she didn't know was how quickly he would find her. Seriously. She had only been in that class for 10 minutes.

She put the marker she was holding down and turned her head towards him.

'Yes?' she calmly said while smiling sweetly at him as if she hadn't done anything wrong at all.

'What the heck are you doing? This wasn't what we agreed on.'

'Frankly, I didn't agree with your original plan either,' she said as she crossed her arms and tilted her head slightly with agape. She would do anything to annoy the heck out of him.

The students of 1A watched their exchange as if it was a drama. Their arms were on their desks and their heads lunged forwards, trying to catch everything they were saying. The female students started to whisper among themselves, saying, 'I ship it'.

'Uhmm Sunbaenim? The teacher is about to arrive,' said one of the students who had caught a glance of their teacher walking towards the classroom, interrupting their heated conversation.

Snapped out of their own world, Baekhyun and Taeyeon both turned their heads in the direction of the student.

'We'll talk about this again!' she managed to call out to the class before Baekhyun yanked her out of the classroom. If that teacher had arrived, their own teachers would probably have too.

The two of them ran back to their classrooms without saying another word to each other.

'See me during recess,' Baekhyun broke the silence just as they were about to enter their respective classrooms.

Taeyeon didn't respond and proceeded to enter her classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon patiently waited outside Class 4B after her own class had been dismissed. She leaned against the wall, humming.

'Why is he taking so long?' she thought to herself. Just then, the door she was standing next to, swung open.

Speak of the devil.

'You wanted to see me?'

'Yeah we're going to see Mr. Oh,' Baekhyun said before walking off without bothering to wait for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'So how's the preparations going?' Mr. Oh asked.

'Mr. Oh I can't work with her. You either take her out or I'll leave.'

Taeyeon was shocked to hear Baekhyun's sharp words. 'He must really hate me,' she thought.

'No, Baekhyun. The two of you must do it. Can't you cast your differences aside just for a few days? Don't tell me you're not mature enough to do that. Besides, this is for your own good. The science fair will look great on your college applications.'

Mr. Oh was starting to get irritated. As much as he loved Baekhyun (not in a erted kind of way, mind you), the kid was seriously getting on his nerves.

'But-'

'We are done talking,' and with that, Mr. Oh shut the office door closed.

'Kids these days are so spoilt. Back in my day, when someone told me to do something, I would just shut up and do it, whether i liked it or not,' Mr. Oh said to himself while shaking his head as he made his way back to his desk.

Baekhyun groaned. His face was red and he looked as if he was about to explode out of anger.

'Let's eat lunch together. We have to discuss,' Taeyeon ordered.

'Whatever,' Baekhyun was too tired to argue back so he just trailed behind her.