CHAPT 5

FORCES OF LOVE

'What do you want to eat? I'll queue up for you,' Taeyeon offered. After all, Baekhyun did have to ditch his friends because of her.

'It's okay. Let's go together.' He got up from his seat and walked towards the canteen with her.

As rude as Baekhyun was, he wasn't mean enough to let that petite girl carry two bowls of food on her own. They both queued to buy rice with side dishes in awkward silence.

'Sorry but I only have 1 egg left,' the rice stall ahjumma announced just as Baekhyun and Taeyeon stepped up to the front of the queue. Either one of them would have to sacrifice for the other.

Eggs were Baekhyun's favourite food. He was picky about alot of things, but he could eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

'Taeyeon you can have it.'

'Me? Wow thanks Baekhyun.' Where she came from, they were taught to never reject blessings.

Afterwards, they walked back to their table to eat and attempt to have a proper discussion without turning it into a fight.

'So..' Taeyeon said after she swallowed a spoonful of rice.

'How are we going to do this? We have very limited time and ironically we haven't even settled our own class' themes,' she continued.

'Yeah I know,' he replied, finally looking up from his plate.

'Save your shouts, but I insist on going together for the class discussions,' he said firmly.

'We don't have much time. Didn't you listen to anything I was saying?' she said in an irritated tone. 'This conversation is going no where,' she thought to herself.

'Yes I heard,' he rolled his eyes. 'Then we shall plan a schedule so that we can finish this on time. We'll be strict with it,' he continued. That was the longest it had been since he last stuffed himself with rice.

'I guess so,' she said. And they continued to eat in silence for a while.

'I have an idea!' Taeyeon shouted, her cheeks full of food.

Baekhyun looked up from his plate.

'Let's quickly finish the food and go up to class so that we can plan the schedule asap. Then we can officially start visiting the classes after school today.'

'Hmm, good thinking,' he replied.

Taeyeon smiled proudly, as if she had accomplished something major.

'What a nerd,' Baekhyun thought to himself.

'Yah, palli!' she squealed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Where were you during recess?' Tiffany asked Taeyeon as soon as she got back to her desk.

'I was with Baekhyun. We were discussing the science fair,' she replied nonchalantly as if eating lunch with Baekhyun, her mortal enemy, was the most casual thing in the world.

'Baekhyun?? Don't you two hate each other?' Tiffany was puzzled. Her voice had gone all high pitch, attracting attention from the people sitting around them. One of whom was Park Chanyeol.

'Yah Taeyeon that guy's a total goody two shoes. Don't let his boring-ness kill your vibe,' he advised.

'I mean, at first he was totally nasty and awful. And he did tell Mr. Oh, in front of my face, that he could never work with me. But he's gotten better.. I think,'

'What makes you think so?' Tiffany was curious to know what her bff had been up to during recess.

'Well, he let me have the last egg at the rice stall.'

Tiffany's eyebrows shot up in skepticism. Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

'Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon. I trust you don't know this because you've never been in a relationship, but sometimes, guys buy things like expensive watches and pandora bracelets for girls. Not let the girl pay for an egg,' Chanyeol said slowly and mockingly, as if to educate Taeyeon.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes so hard they could have fallen out.

'Obviously he let me have an egg instead of a $500 watch. We're not in a relationship and we don't even like each other!'

Seohyun, who sat in front of Tiffany, had been listening in to their conversation all along. The second she heard Taeyeon's outburst, she turned around to face them.

'But class 1A has started shipping you guys,' she stated matter-of-factly.

Taeyeon facepalmed herself.

'Yah Seo Joohyun, you're not helping,' Tiffany retorted as she patted Taeyeon's back.

'We argued right in front of all of them yet they started shipping us?!' she thought it was incredulous.

'These year 1 kids sure are imaginative,' Chanyeol said.

'More like delusional,' Taeyeon added.

 

A/N : 

hi everyone! thank u for subscribing :) i hope you guys dont mind these short updates :(( also, i think the story is going too slowly. what do u guys think?