CHAPT 3

FORCES OF LOVE

'That girl looks kinda familiar..' Baekhyun thought to himself as he watched a line of people board the bus.

Having boarded the bus a few stops ago, he managed to find himself a seat before it got too crowded. He was snugly settled in his seat; his bag was on his lap and his blazer keeping him warm from the air conditioning that was blowing right at him. Everything was going perfectly until the bus reached that particular stop.

He saw a girl wearing Soonshin High's uniform. She had brown hair and was holding a year 4 textbook in her arms... And then she looked up, exposing her face.

'Holy crap it's Kim Taeyeon,' Baekhyun gasped before he muttered under his breath.

It seemed that Taeyeon was oblivious to her surroundings and hadn't realized Baekhyun's presence in the bus. Baekhyun calmed himself down, telling himself that it was a crowded bus and Taeyeon wouldn't even realize he was there. There would be no awkwardness since Taeyeon was busy scolling through something on her phone.

Telling himself that worked. Until the bus got too crowded and everyone had to move further into the bus to make space for more passengers. And Taeyeon ended up having to stand in front of him.

But the most amazing thing happened. Taeyeon hadn't looked up from her phone at all to notice who she was facing.

'At times like this, i'm grateful for her peabrain,' Baekhyun thought to himself as a small smile indicating his gratitude crept onto his face. He continued to stare at the girl that seemed so interested in something on her phone screen. Baekhyun couldn't help but realize that she's actually kinda pretty. Okay no, not pretty. 'Aesthetically acceptable' as he preferred to put it. 'If only her personality was as nice as her features,' Baekhyun smirked to himself.

And then the second most amazing thing happened (at least not for Baekhyun). The bus jerked forward, behooving Taeyeon to look up from her screen and to observe the road ahead. And that's when her eyes met Baekhyun's.

Her big eyes became even bigger and rounder out of shock as she saw who was right in front of her. Baekhyun, on the other hand, immediately shifted his gaze to his phone. But it was too late because Taeyeon had caught him in the act.

'Yah Byun Baekhyun what are you doing here?!' Taeyeon half yelled (half, because she was trying to be considerate towards the other passengers who were all practically asleep).

'I should be asking you the same thing! I'm obviously going to school. But since when do you take this bus?'

'I slept over at my grandma's house last night so I had to take a different bus to school. Um.. have you been in front of me all this while?' Taeyeon said a quick prayer in her head, hoping that Baekhyun would say no.

'Yes.'

Taeyeon wanted to facepalm herself so hard.

'K,' She immediately looked back down to her phone because she was too embarrassed. 'Curse you and your oblivion, Taeyeon,' she thought as she mentally slapped herself.

She could hear him chuckling mockingly at her but she ignored him and put her headphones on.

'Can this day get any worse,' she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon had been observing Baekhyun's every movement with hawk eyes. Everyone was seated in the hall while listening to the principal's morning speech. Class 4A and 4B were seated next to each other. The principal's speech was ending.

'Why are you so fidgety? Keep still will you? You're making me dizzy,' Chanyeol, Taeyeon's classmate who was seated next to her, whispered, for fear of getting caught for talking during the speech.

'Shhh,' Taeyeon waved her hand, dismissing him.

'Study hard, everyone.'

The end of the speech. The principal handed over the mic to the school's head prefect, Park Jungsoo.

Right as that happened, Baekhyun started to slowly get up from his seat. Taeyeon, who wasn't seated that far from him, immediately followed.

'Yah where are you going?!' Tiffany who was seated on Taeyeon's other side was confused as to why her best friend was acting so weird that morning. She watched as Taeyeon silently ran to catch up with Baekhyun.

'And now we will hear an announcement from 4B's Byun Baekhyun' Jungsoo was just about to pass the mic to Baekhyun when Taeyeon sprinted to the front and grabbed the mic before Baekhyun could.

Taeyeon had brains, looks, charm, you name it. One thing she didn't have was good stamina.

'And 4A's Kim Taeyeon,' she said in between breaths.

This was her chance to show Baekhyun that she was in charge of the science fair too and she wasn't going anywhere.

'Oh Taeyeon-ssi, would you like to hold a mic too?'

'Yes please, Jungsoo-ssi!'

Baekhyun glared at Taeyeon. He was fuming. He had planned to make the announcement alone. He had even informed her about it the day before.

He snatched his mic from Taeyeon's hands and immediately started on the announcement while Taeyeon was still waiting to receive her mic.

'Jungsoo-ssi! Quickly!' Taeyeon couldn't let Baekhyun win.

Upon noticing that Taeyeon had gotten her mic, he sped up his talking pace and barely paused so that Taeyeon wouldn't have the chance to in during his speech.

Taeyeon had to do something fast.

'Thank you, Baekhyun-ssi. You will now hear from me, as I am also in charge of the science fair,' Taeyeon literally talked over Baekhyun until he gave up and kept quiet.

And then end of the announcement, both Taeyeon and Baekhyun bowed before leaving the stage. Baekhyun immediately stormed off to his seat, leaving Taeyeon behind. He was mad. Taeyeon had said that they would be visiting the classes separately, which was definitely not what he had planned.

The assembly hall was buzzing. Everyone was wondering why Baekhyun looked so angry and why Taeyeon interrupted the speech. If they were partners, shouldn't they have coordinated something so that the announcement wouldn't be a total mess?

'I'll deal with her later.' Baekhyun thought to himself as he clenched his fists and plopped himself down beside Minseok.

'Charesseo, Kim Taeyeon,' she praised herself for succeeding in phase 1 of her mission.