Eight!!

Waiting for a miracle to happen..

'Hyung.. I'll just go over to Joohyun's room to get your boutonniere... I received a message from Hyo noona that it just arrived from the florist... Do you need anything else?' Jongin said, looking up from his phone.

'Alright...' Yunho coughed out, his face all pale.

'Hyung... Are you sure your fine? You look so pale... Come on... you need to lie down and rest... Samchon would be up anytime soon... I'll wait for him to come before going over to Joohyun's room...' Jongin said. as he help his hyung to the bed. 

It was finally the day of the wedding. Yunho has been going for his treatment religiously accompanied by Joohyun. The treatment has taken a toll on both of them, luckily they handed the wedding planning to Yunho's parents, Jongin and the rest. Yunho lost alot of weight due to the treatment, causing him to look haggard and tired all the time. 

'No.. it's alright, Jongin-ah... You go now.. I'm fine.. I just need to sleep... Its been a while since I sleep peacefully...' Yunho smile slightly as he closed his eyes. 

'Dont worry, hyung.. I'll just get one of the boys to deliver the boutonniere over...' Jongin muttered, feeling uneasy as he took out his phone, dialling Hyo.

'Uh.. noona.. can you send the boutonniere over instead? I dont feel right leaving hyung here all alone... He dont look that good..' Jongin whispered to the phone, not wanting to interrupt his hyung.

'What happened, Jongin? Is he okay?' Hyo shrieked into the phone, causing Jongin to cringed, knowing that Joohyun would get worried unnecessary.

'Noona.. I got him to lie down.. Dont make Joohyun worry unneccessary... Just send someone over...' Jongin replied,hanging up the phone as he looked over his shoulders, staring at Yunho's sleeping body. He went over to the bed, pulling the blanket, covering his hyung properly before taking a seat beside the bed.

'Ding Dong...' The bell rang, startling Yunho who was sleeping lightly.

'Hyung.. go back to sleep.. it's probably Hyo noona, delivering the boutonniere...' Jongin said, patting his hyung hand. He quickly walked over to the door, slightly agitated as the doorbell kept ringing.

'Finally!' 

He opened the door to find Joohyun in her white gown, makeup all done, hands on her hips looking frustrated. Jongin swallowed his saliva thickly as he stared the beautiful bride infront of him. He shooked his head, knowing that the person she's marrying is someone else. Jongin peered behind her to find Hyo noona, busily carrying her wedding gown trail. 

'Thanks Hyo noona for not making her worried...' Jongin rolled his eyes as he let the two girls in.

'Here's your boutonniere..' Joohyun said, as she dump the box to Jongin before rushing in to look for Yunho. 

'Oh dont look at me like that... You know how she is..' Hyo noona said, smacking Jongin on the arm.Sighing, Jongin closed the door, following the girls into the ensuite bedroom. Yunho was already prop up on the bed, probably awake due to the loud bell.

'Oppa?' Joohyun whispered, walking towards the bed.

'Joohyun..  what are you doing here? You look beautiful, love...' Yunho said, smiling slightly as he hold his arm, calling Joohyun nearer.

'Noona.. lets give them some privacy..' Jongin whispered, tugging Hyo noona arm, pulling her to the balcony.

'Jongin, are you alright?'Hyo noona ask, looking at Jongin, worried.

'I'm worried for the future... Lets be honest.. I dont think there's any time left... I'm afraid.. for Joohyun.. for my Yunho hyung..' Jongin muttered.

'I know.. I know.. but you need to be strong for both of them... You know.. Joohyun's grateful towards you... She knows of your feelings towards her... and she do have feelings for you... but unfortunately... her love for Yunho-ssi is more... We never know what the future holds... Let's just live in the present and enjoy every moment...' Hyo noona said as she pat Jongin on the shoulder.

'UNNIE!! OPPA!!' 

Hearing Joohyun's scream, Jongin rushed back to the bedroom, shocked to find Yunho unconscious in Joohyun's arms. Jongin rushed to the bed, to check on his hyung. 

'What happened, Joohyun?' Jongin ask as he palpate Yunho's wrist trying to locate for a pulse, his thoughts messed up as he noticed Yunho's shallow breathing.

'NOONA.. CALL THE AMBULANCE NOW!' 

..............................................

Hyo's POV

Never would I thought in a million years that I would be witnessing something that only existed in the movies. A weeping bride, restless torn-in-between bestman and stoic relatives. 

'Stop walking about, Jongin-ah... Your not helping the situation... ' I blurted out, causing the younger one to stop and glare at me. I shrugged as I gestured to Joohyun. He caught my drift and reluctantly slide to the ground and hanging his head to the side. 

I turned to my side, glancing at Joohyun still wearing her bridal gown, in a daze. Good thing was that she had stopped crying. I dont know what she did in her previous life to be suffering now. She lost her family at a young age, left to grow up alone in a foreign country and now losing one of the most important person in her life. I sigh softly, shaking my head gently as I look to the young man huddled on the ground opposite me.If only he had the guts to confess to her before she leave, and now he had to live in the shadow of his older cousin. Even if things were to work in the future, I'm afraid that his insecurities will get the best of him. 

I scoot closer to Joohyun, putting my hands around her as I tried to offer her some support. She glanced over to me, quivering and her eyes teary.

'Maknae.. Be strong okay? He wouldnt want to see you crying like this.. None of us wants...' I said, eyeing Jongin who was staring at Joohyun intently.

'I... I just feel.. Like its my fault... unnie... If... only I.. didnt pester him to.. marry me... he wouldnt be tired..' She sniffled as tears starts to pour out from her eyes. Her mascara leaving trails on her pink cheeks, her makeup all messed up. 

'Dont say that, Joohyun... Let's just wait for the doctor to update us.. Dont overthink...' I said, patting her back.

'Relatives of Mr Jung Yunho?'

I looked up to find a young Doctor, standing outside of the emergency doctor. Everyone scrambled to their feet, rushing forward. I grabbed hold of Joohyun's arms, supporting her as we went forward.

'Dr.. How's my son?' Mr Jung asked.

'I'm Dr Kim Yuna.. the consultant in charge of your son... I believe all of you are well informed with his condition by now?' She asked, looking around at everyone, stopping briefly at Joohyun. 

'Yes.. all of us are well informed...' Mr Jung nodded as he gestured to everyone.

'Alright... His respiratory system is failing, the cancer cells has spreaded up to the the lungs... the reason why he fainted was due to lack of oxygen to his brain... Right now, he is on oxygen support... He's in the ICU right now... You might want to take turns to meet him... Please two at a time... I dont want the patient to go into distress... Mr and Mrs Jung... Can I speak to the both of you in private...' Dr Kim asked, directing Mr and Mrs Jung to her office.

'Noona... You go with Joohyun to the ICU... I'll wait here for Samchon and Imo...' Jongin said. I nodded as I supported the dazed Joohyun to the ICU. 

.......................................

Jongin's POV

'Sir.. do you mind to wait outside... I need to speak to the immediate relatives only...' Dr Kim Yuna said as she heard my request.

'It's alright... He's my son...' Imo said as she took my hand, pulling me into the room. Dr Kim nodded her head as she took a seat at the head of the table. I took a seat beside Imo, holding her hand tightly, afraid of what Dr Kim have to say.

'Are you all aware of the DNR status?' Dr Kim asked as she passed a orange form around.

'What is this DNR thing? Do Not Resuscitate? What does this mean?' Samchon asked, as he look through the form quickly. I gulped thickly hearing the meaning, feeling disturbed.

'Alright..  Firstly, the hospital put up this form only when the patient requested for it... And in your son's case, he filled up the form during on of the chemotherapy session.... Basically... this form is to say that whatever happened to the patient especially in a life-threatening situation, the patient requested for the medical team to not resuscitate the patient and to let nature takes it place...'  Dr Kim explained.

'So.. if my son.. needed medical attention... you guys will just let him die?!' Imo said, raising her voice.

'No Ma'am... We will still provide medical treatment... But if the need arises for defibrillator or ventilator... we wont use it... Because this is the patient's request... His oncology said that Mr Jung refuses to go under such drastic measures.. I'm sorry ma'am...' Dr Kim said, looking down as she read thru Yunho's chart.

'So its like making him comfortable in his last days?' Imo and Samchon turned to look at me, surprised that I brought up the issue.

'Yes... to put it easily... its to ensure that Mr Jung will be comfortable.. in no pain till his last days...' Dr Kim replied, nodding her head.

'Dr Kim... Do you mind giving me five mins... I need to speak to my family....' Samchon requested. Surprised, Dr Kim nodded her head as she took her leave. 

'Yeobo... Jongin... there's nothing we can do... But to respect his decision... If thats what he wants...' Samchon said as he pulled Imo to his arms and cry for their son. 

'Araso, Samchon...' I whispered as I felt the first drop of tear on my cheek.

......................................................

Author's Note...

Hey!!

Not much of a SeoKai interaction here... 

but I promise you that it will happen sooooooooooooooon.....

hahahahha....

Anyway...

Starting from the next chapter,

I'll be writing from either Jongin or Joohyun POV...

I find that its much easier... hahah

Oh and dont hate me for the mistakes in this chapter.. Didnt had the time to foolproof read it.. :)

Please read, leave a comment, subscribe or upvote if you like it...

Support me other 2 fics...

LOVE VS HATE

SERENE SEPTEMBER

Thank you!!

XOXO