THREE!

Waiting for a miracle to happen..

'Oppa... Thank you for waiting.. Let's go home now...' 

Jongin looks up from his book to see Joohyun skipping out from the library, all smiles. Jongin smiled as he patted her head making the latter groan out in frustration. 

'Oppa... Your messing up my hair...' She pouted, crossing her arms across her body. Chuckling, Jongin grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the entrance of the school gate.

'Today we'll be taking public transport home!! I send Lee-ahjussi home... Let's go if you wanna reach home early...' 

'Really, Oppa? Yea! Can we stop by the snack cart infront of the subway... I've always wanted to try the food there... My classmates kept saying that its delicious...' Joohyun's eyes sparkle at the thought of eating street food. Her parents had always been strict with her eating unhealthy food because she had a weak stomach since young. She could easily fall sick after eating oily food.

'Hyun.. Do you want to fall sick? No.. I wont allow it..' Jongin frowned, shaking his head, dragging the girl beside him to the bus stop.

'Please... oppa...' Joohyun was still staring at the snack cart, bustling with students buying all tteokbukki, sundae and even odeng. waters thinking of the food that her friends always brag about eating.

'No means no, Hyun-ah... I shall make you, your favourite dish once we reach home... Promise... It will taste way better than the street food...' 

'Goguma-fries?' Joohyun face lit up, putting Jongin at ease.

'Yes, my darling Seo Joohyun... My famous baked sweet potatoes fries just for you... Come.. Our bus is here...' Jongin said, guiding Joohyun up the bus. 

'Oppa.. I really like taking the bus with you... Do you know why?' Joohyun asks as she look out of the window as the bus starts moving. Jongin looks at her questioningly.

'Why is that so? I thought you would hate it because there's no seat belt...' Jongin teased, making Joohyun to groan out in irritation.

'No, oppa.. Its because you make a habit to link your hand with mine, and by doing this.. I could rest my head on your shoulder and take a small nap...' Joohyun giggle as she took his hand and linked it with hers. Not knowing that her action had cause the boy beside her to have butterflies. Jongin had always knew that she hated to take the bus, so since young, whenever they have to take the bus, Jongin would always linked his arm with hers, pulling her so that her head was on his shoulder. It was helpful as it helps Joohyun to forget her fears.

'Aish... I'll wake you up when we're reaching...' Jongin grumbled, making Joohyun giggle as she placed her head on his shoulder. A silly grin spread on his face as he tried to breathe slowly, so that Joohyun could sleep peacefully. It takes about 45 mins to reach their place. It a habit of Jongin to go to Joohyun's place before walking home. Their parents were university mates and were closed friends. Joohyun parents dont mind having Jongin around so often at their place that they treated him as their own son. Jongin looked down to Joohyun's as he heard a small snore.

'You must be very tired huh?'  Jongin whispers as he brushed her fringe away from her porcelain doll like face. How her long eyelashes brushes her chubby cheeks, how opens up slightly when she sleeping.

'Hyun-ah... Why do I keep having this butterflies in my stomach whenever I look at you... Joohyun-ah.. I think I love you since the first day I met you... Your my one and only... I promised that I'll court you when your ready... I dont mind waiting for you... Because when your happy... Thats when I'm truly happy...' Jongin whispers as he planted a kiss on her forehead. 

.....................

 

'KIM JONGIN!!' 

Blinking his eye, Jongin bolted out of bed at the loud voice calling out his name. He cursed inwardly, as he roll over to check the time, it was 8am. He only manage to get 2 hours of sleep. He groaned as he pull the covers over his head, wanting to go back to sleep.

'KIM JONGIN! OPEN THE DOOR NOW, BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!' Jongin groaned at Soo noona's loud voice threatening to call the police. He climb out of bed sleepily as he walked out of to open the door, letting the noisy early visitors in his penthouse apartment.

'FINALLY! Morning sweetheart... We brought breakfast and americano...' Hyo noona smile sarcastically as she stepped into the apartment.

'You look like hell, Jongin-ah...' Soo noona said, as she walked past him, picking up Monggu, carrying him to the living room.

'I swear... We told them not to come this early... Definitely not our idea...' Jongdae said as he raised both hands up, following Soo noona to the living room.

'Yup.. You heard him... You have lots of explaining to do to both Hyo and Soo noona...' Chanyeol flash him a pity look before bouncing in.

Sighing loudly, Jongin close the door. He was expecting this but didnt expect that they will come in the morning. He plopped on the couch, covering his eyes with his hands, ignoring the boisterious bunch in the kitchen, obviously sourcing for more food.

'Yah.. Kim Jongin.. Why dont you have any food in your fridge?' 

'Aigoo... Have you been drinking yourself to sleep?'

'Are you seriously sleeping?'

'And here I thought my apartment is a pig sty...'

Jongin knew that he couldnt escape the interrogatory team, he sigh again before standing up, turning towards his friends who were standing frozen in the kitchen. 

'I know that you guys are here to ask me alot of question... But please... I only had 2 hours of sleep... I'm going to take a long bath, get ready and we can start this interrogation thingy...' Jongin said, as he stalked off to his room.

He steps into the bath tub, sinking slowly into the warm water.Feeling his sleepiness melts away, he sigh as he recalls how he had treated his friends who was probably outside, concern about him and here he was showing them attitude. It had been 1 month since the meeting with Joohyun, and Jongin had ignored everyone's calls and occupies himself with work, making uo excuses everytime they wanted meet up. He knew that it was selfish of him, but he needed time to get over his heart ache. Thinking about it, was enough to make his chest hurt again, he sigh again before closing his eyes, enjoying the peaceful warm bath.

..............

 

He steps out of his room, to a quiet living room. It had only been 30mins, wasnt his fault that he doze off in the bath, it was just so comfortable. He looks around the room before walking into the kitchen. Hyo noona was at the sink, washing the dirty plates that he had piled up. He looks over to the kitchen table top, everything was clean and neat. 

'Noona... You shouldnt have...' Jongin said, leaning his hip on to the counter top, sipping the iced americano that they brought for him.

Hyo noona jumped slightly, surprised that Jongin was standing behind him. She turned to looked at him, in a tight line before resuming washing the dishes. Jongin knew that she was pissed at him. Sighing, Jongin walks over to her, giving her his infamous puppy eyes look. 

'You know its not going to work on me, Jongin-ah... Go and have your breakfast... I'm almost done here...' Hyo noona said as she pushes him slightly by her foot towards the living room.

'Alright then... Where's the rest? Monggu?' Jongin asks as he took a seat at the dining table.

'I send them to the supermarket to buy groceries.. Monggu looks bored, so Jongdae brought him out to exercise and enjoy the fresh air...' Hyo noona called out from the kitchen.

'Thank You, noona...' Jongin said as he took another sip of the americano, not even bothering to touch the breakfast spread on the table. He was about to take another sip, when he felt a sharp pain at the back of his neck. He looks up to see Hyo noona, glaring at him.

'Yah! Stop drinking coffee on an empty stomach! Oh god please help me.. before I force the food down your throat..' Hyo noona threatened, her eyes shows that she was not joking.

'Ok.. noona.. I'm eating now...' Jongin grumbled, picking up a piece of toast, watching Hyo noona moves around the apartment, cleaning.

'Noona... No need for you to clean the apartment...'  Jongin said as he wipes his mouth.

'Jongin-ah.. Your like my younger brother... How could I stand still, when your living in this state.. I know your hurting.. But this is just not right, Jongin-ah...' Hyo noona turn towards him, her teary eyes staring at him. Guilt washes over his body as he realize that Hyo noona was hurting for him as well.

'I'm sorry noona...' Jongin said as he pulled her into a hug. 

'I seroiusly wanted to knock your head Jongin-ah... Go and finish up your breakfast.. I'm putting your laundry in the washing machine... Better finish it up before I return' Hyo noona sniffles as she flicked his forehead. Jongin grinned as he watch how Hyo noona walked over to the washing room, muttering expletives.He walked back to the table, trying to finish the american breakfast that they bought for him.  

'Ding Dong..' 

'Finally someone knows how to use the doorbell instead of screaming and banging on doors...' Jongin said sarcastically as Soo noona and Chanyeol sheepishly walk in with their hands full of groceries. He was about to turn in when he heard Jongdae's voice.

'Jongin! Wait!' 

'Aigooo... Monggu ah.. Did you enjoy your walk? I bet Jongdae hyung didnt bring you far... He's lazy...' Jongin picked Monggu up, walking in to the house, ignoring Jongdae's grumbles. At times like this, Jongin was thankful that his friends were there to make him feel better and forget about his heartache.

...............

'Really... I'm fine...' Jongin said, assuring the rest. They were now sitting in a circle, talking over wine and chips. Only Hyo noona would think its a great idea to drink wine at 11am.

'If your fine.. then why were you avoiding all of us?' Jongdae slurred, his face red from wine. He's a light weight drinker and usually the first to get drunk, and today is not an exception.

'Jongdae.. you should stopped drinking.. go and sleep inside the guest room.. Chanyeol will fill you in later...' Jongin grinned as he watch his friend walks drunkenly to the guest room. 

'Jongin.. answer his question..' Chanyeol said, munching on the chips. 

'I was really busy... really... and anyway.. I'm happy if she is.. '  Jongin said, sipping his drink. 

'I was really worried about you... you wouldnt answer my calls, meet any of us.. dont you dare do that again..' Hyo noona said, her eyes watery again.

'I'm sorry... I needed time to heal.. and I thought that was the best... but I didnt realise that made all of you worried... '

'Aigoo.. Jongin-ah... take all the time you need.. You had feelings for her since forever... it doesnt go away in 1 week...' Soo noona said, squeezing my hand. 

'Thank you.. for understanding...' 

'Ding.. Dong...' 

'Are you expecting anyone,Jongin-ah?' Hyo noona asks as she stretch her limbs.

'Hmmm.. dont think so.. I'll be back...' Jongin looks at his reflection on the mirror before opening the door.

'Hey.. My dongsaeng!!' 

Jongin didnt expect to see Yunho hyung standing infront of him. But one thing that surprises him the most was the frozen girl standing beside him. It was Seo Joohyun. 

Just when he thought he was recovering, another unexpected news sends pain to his aching heart. He clears his throat nervously before inviting them into the apartment.

 

...............

Author's note

Hey hey hey.. 

3rd chappie up!  

Please read and enjoy,

Dont forget to subscribe, leave your comment behind!! 

Lots of love! 

XOXO