TWO!

Waiting for a miracle to happen..

'Mr Kim.. There's someone here to see you... A Ms Seo Joohyun.. Is it fine with you if I were to get her to come another day or at least make an appointment?' 

'NO! I mean.. No need for that, Youngmi.. You can send her in now..' Jongin sat up straight, talking to the intercom. 

'I'm sorry, Sir.. You have a lunch appointment to meet your parents and the Jungs...' Youngmi reasoned.

'My father will understand.. I'll call him later... Cancel my afternoon meeting and schedule.. Send her in 5mins, Youngmi...' Jongin said as he typed a quick text to his mother.

'Yes, sir.. Is there anything else, Sir?' 

'No.. Oh.. sorry for raising my voice at you, Youngmi...' Jongin apologize as he adjusted his tie. Thankfully, the housekeeper had just came into his office to clear up the mess he had made earlier after the morning meeting. 

Alot of things was running through his mind, it was 2 days after the gathering at the cafe. Everyone had went home, feeling happy that Joohyun was finally back for good.

 A knock pulled him out of his reverie. 'Ahem.. Come in...' Jongin called out. 

Jongin stood up, hugging the beautiful lady, surprising Youngmi, his assistant of 3 years. Everyone in the law firm knew that Jongin was cold and that he never showed any emotions to anyone and that includes his parents.

'Sir, Ms Seo.. Would you like any refreshments?' Youngmi offered after recovering from her shock.

'I believe, Joohyun would prefer a glass of warm water? Right Joohyun?' Jongin asks as he helps Joohyun out of her coat.

'Oppa.. Your still the only one who knows me best..' Joohyun grinned as she went over to the window to enjoy the magnificient view of Jongin's office. She didnt realise that Jongin had turn bright red from her compliments, making Youngmi's jaw to drop. 

'Y...Youngmi.. 1 warm water for Ms Seo.. And I'll have the usual... That would be all..' Jongin said, stuttering as he signal Youngmi to leave the room. Youngmi gave him a wink and left the room. 

'Oppa.. The view is wonderful! Actually your whole company is beautifully furnished! I thought your suppose to take over your family business?' Joohyun ask as she took a seat opposite Jongin.

'After working with Appa.. I just feel that I needed to start from scratch and not depend on my father's name to succeed.. And so I opened my own firm...' Jongin said as he fidgeted in his seat.

'I'm so proud of you.. I heard from Hyo unnie, that it just took you 3 years to be a successful lawyer and having a well-sought after law firm.. I'm so proud of you, Oppa... Oppa.. why are you so anxious?' Joohyun ask as she touch his hand.

'Ah.. No Joohyun ah.. Hyo noona is just exaggerating.. Ha.. Ha.. What is taking Youngmi so long to prepare the drinks??' Jongin laugh nervously, looking at the door.

'Oppa.. by any chance are you uncomfortable around me?' 

'A..A..Ani Joohyun-ah.. Why would I be nervous around you?Its not like I just met you yesterday... ' Jongin swore he saw hurt flash across her eyes as he said that. Joohyun opened to reply but was interrupted by Youngmi with the refreshments.

'Sir.. Is there anything else?' 

'No Youngmi.. Thank You, you may leave now..' Jongin gestured to Joohyun to have a drink. As he took a sip of his coffee, Joohyun clears , waiting for Youngmi to leave the room. 

'Oppa.. actually the reason why I came here today.. Is to apologize to you...' Joohyun said as soon as Youngmi steps out of the room.

'Apologize? What for Joohyun-ah?' Jongin coughs slightly as he placed his cup down.

'Well..Oppa.. alot of things.. yesterday I met with Hyo unnie.. she told me everything.. how you were.. when I left.. how you stop being your usual self.. hiding behind this cold guy.. Oppa.. I'm sorry.. I guess I wasnt at the right state of mind to say a proper goodbye to all of you..' Joohyun paused as she tried to calm her nerves. 

'Hyun...' 

'No oppa.. let me finish...' Joohyun said, staring at her hands as she took a deep breath. Jongin stares at her nervously, waiting patiently for her to carry on. 

'It took me 2 years to fully recover from the shock and the mild depression I was going through or should I say severe depression.. and by the time I was well, i regretted not keeping in touch with you,oppa. there's so many things to tell, so many words to say.. but I couldnt bring myself to.. After the talk with Hyo unnie yesterday, I realise how selfish i've been.. Not caring for any of your feelings... especially you,oppa.. '

'Dont say it in that way, Hyun.. I was immatured to think and behave that way.. you needed all the time you need to mourn.. I shouldnt expect you to stay and pretend everything's fine..' Jongin said as patted her hands. His fingers came into contact with a cold rock sitting on one of her slim fingers. Unconsciously, Jongin gasped, gripping her hand tightly. Joohyun was still oblivious to the tanned guy's reaction to her engagement ring.

'I dont mean that kind of feelings, oppa.. your feelings towards me is more than a brother right?' Joohyun ask, avoiding eye contact with Jongin.

'You knew? About my feelings?' Jongin whispered, still staring at the beautiful carved diamond on her ring finger. 

'Oppa.. you were so obvious.. and I remembered that once.. I fell asleep on your shoulder in the bus.. you thought I was sleeping.. you confessed to me.. I was already awake when I heard your promise that you'll be my one and only.. and that you'll wait when i'm ready to date..' A lone tear escape her eyes as she tried to stifle her sobs. Jongin reached forward,wiping her tear away.

'And after yesterday, the talk with Hyo unnie.. it made me feel guilty.. knowing that you kept your promise..  to wait for me.. I'm sorry.. Oppa...' 

 'But if you know, why didnt you say anything?' Jongin ask.

'I wanted to oppa... I wanted to confess to you.. i was planning to confess to you during my graduation speech.. but god have other surprises for me.. ' Joohyun chuckle bitterly.

It was an awkward silence, Jongin staring at the empty wall behind Joohyun while the latter was still calming herself down. Several minutes passed, when Joohyun handed Jongin a white card with light pink ts. Jongin the card gingerly, looking at her face.

'I didnt come back alone.. I came back with my fiance, oppa..' Joohyun explained, staring into Jongin's eyes.

'Oh..' That was the only thing that Jongin could say. 6 years of his life went just like that. He couldnt bring himself to date or even look another woman because it was and will always be Seo Joohyun.

'The reason why I recovered from the depression was with the help from him, oppa.. He was an adopted child, he saw both his biological parents killed in a car accident when he was 12..He help me to grieve healthily, making me look at life in a different perspective...' Joohyun let out a nervous laugh.

'I'm happy that you're happy, Joohyun.. You know that.. And I'm glad that you will be getting you happy ending.. I'm sorry for not having the courage to confess to you first.. But know that I'll always be here for you.. as a friend... whenever.. you need me..' Jongin faked a smile as he reach forward to give Joohyun a hug. 

'This will be my last hug.. please let us stay this way...  Because if I'm that guy.. I would never let another guy touch you this way..' Jongin said to himself. He gave Joohyun a last squeeze before releasing her slowly.

'So.. Joohyun.. when can we meet this fiance of yours?' Jongin ask, swallowing the hurt he's feeling in his throat.

'Ah.. oppa.. I just felt that I needed to explain myself to you first, before introducing him to all of you...' 

'All of us dont need an explanation, Joohyun-ah.. Hyo noona,Soo noona, Chanyeol, Jongdae and myself.. will be happy if our maknae is happy... Remember what I told you, when we were thirteen.. Never explain yourself to anyone.. Because...'

'Because the person who loves you doesnt need it, and the person who dislike you, wont believe it... Oppa I remembered..' Joohyun finish his sentence, smiling gently at the guy infront of her, falling into silence, leaving both in their own thoughts.

'Ring.. Ring...' Jongin's office phone rings. Jongin looks over apologectily towards Joohyun before making his way to answer the phone.

'Trident's Law, Kim Jongin speaking...' Jongin introduced himself.

'Aigooo... Why is my dongsaeng so cold even answering the phone...' The caller chuckle. Jongin frowned, hearing the familiar voice but unable to recall who exactly.

'I'm sorry.. I dont exactly remember...' 

'How could you forget me.. Your one and only cousin brother? I'm back, kiddo!' 

'Yunho-hyung! Why didnt you call me.. When did you come back?' Jongin ask, glad that his cousin is finally back after staying in the States.

'Still the same, Jongin... Why arent you here for lunch with us.. You leaving me to die here with all this oldies here.. Sorry umma, imo!' His happiness was shortlived as he recall the reason why he couldnt meet his cousin, and the reason why his heart is clenching painfully at that moment. He frowned, noting how stiff Joohyun was sitting on his couch.

'Ah.. hyung.. something come up.. I'll call you again later, hyung..' Jongin said, ending the call. 

'Sorry oppa.. for coming unannouced, making you missed out on your prior appointments.. I'll take my leave now..' Joohyun apologized, standing and gathering her coat.

'If you say so.. Joohyun.. Remember to set a date to introduce your fiance to us alright..' 

'Oppa.. Arent you giving me a goodbye hug?' Joohyun asks, her eyes glassy.

'Why are you making this hard for me.. Joohyun-ah..' Jongin mentally said to himself. He closed his eyes temporarily, fighting a battle of his own before walking towards Joohyun, crushing her with his hug. 

'I'll miss you, Joohyun.. Please forgive me..' Jongin whispers as he give a chaste kiss to the woman in his arms. 

'Take care oppa.. Thank You for understanding..' Joohyun gave him one last look before walking out of the office.

Jongin closed and locking the door before sliding down to the floor, letting out a muffled strangled cry as the pain he was holding in resurfaced.

'Babo-yah.. You lost your chance..' 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey hey hey...

Thank you to my subs and the upvotes!! Appreciate it much!!

Oh I've changed the title to 'Waiting for a miracle to happen' cause i think its sounds better..

haha..

Anw I apologized for the grammar and the y english.. IKRRRRR... 

Anyways.. please enjoy and leave comments behind!

Dont forget to Subscribe if you like the story so farr!! haha

I did include the angst in the tag! Dont blame me!! 

Peace out y'alls!!

XOXO