ONE!

Waiting for a miracle to happen..

Flashback

'Jongin.. she's back.. Uri maknae is finally home.. She wants to meet all of us.. Please make yourself free this weekend, Jongin.. Too much work is not good for you... '

He read the text message repeatedly, trying to wrap his mind around the message. Hyo noona wouldnt play such prank.. She knows how much he had suffer when she left. In that 6 years she was gone, Hyo noona had been supporting, updating about her wherabouts and all.  He was sure that it wasnt one of those stupid pranks Chanyeol and Jongdae would get Hyo noona to participate. Everyone was aware of his feelings except her.

'I'll be there, noona... Thank You..'

 

........

'Yes noona.. I'm walking towards the cafe now.. Is she there yet?' 

'No..Not yet Jongin-ah.. she texted me that she'll be slightly late.. everyone's here.. See you Jongin... ' 

Jongin sigh softly, as he run his fingers through his blond hair, slowing down his pace as he walk towards the cafe.

'She was never late before.. she's changed..' Jongin mumbled as he push the cafe glass door. He gave a small smile to the barista, making his way up to their usual spot on the 2nd level. It was a habit of theirs to at least meet once every week in that cafe just to catch up.

'Jongin-ah.. I missed you!! Aigoo! You lost weight! Stop working so hard!' Hyo noona claimed as she release him from her hug.

'Noona.. I just met you 2 weeks ago.. ' He chuckle making the older woman to glare at him. 

'Hyo.. you sound like his mother rather than his noona! Move.. Its my turn to greet this dongsaeng of mine.. Yah Kim Jongin!!' Sooyoung noona retorted as she punched Jongin on the arm playfully.

'Noonas.. Unfair! You dont show the same treatment to me and Chanyeol! We are your dongsaeng too!!' Jongdae whined.

'Noonas.. We are much cuter than that dark kid over there! Ouch!! Hyo noona!!' Chanyeol cringed, feeling the sharp pain on his shin.

'Because both of us kept meeting u two trolls, and our dear Jongin here is forever busy with his work.. ' Sooyoung noona flicked Jongdae's forehead, making him whine louder. 

'Noona deul, guys.. how have you been.. Sorry I have been super busy with work..'Jongin apologize,, taking his seat beside Hyo noona.

'I dont understand why you have to work so hard.. Your 27 years old, successful, leading your own law firm.. I dont get it why you have to be buried in that wonderful beautiful office of yours..' Jongdae roll his eyes as he reach out to grab the truffle fries.

'Yah! At least he's working and not slacking 24 hours at the resort... Wait for Joohyun to come!!' Hyo noona slapped his hand away, sending a glare to Sooyoung who was guiltily swallowing the fries. Jongin could feel his heart beating faster just by hearing her name. He swallowed his salliva, nervously looking out of the cafe window.

'Noona! But we are the owners of the resort.. Obviously we have to be there almost 24 hours...' Chanyeol rolls his eye as took a sip of his drink.

'Did you just roll your eyes at me!!! PARK CHANYEOL!!' Hyo noona screeched as she reached out to grab Chanyeol's hair. Sooyoung noona and Jongdae were squabbling at the corner over the truffle fries.

'Hyo unnie.. You havent change abit dont you? Always atttacking Yeollie's hair... Soo unnie and Chenchen.. you two are always fighting over food.. And I would always be at the end of the table with Jongin oppa, studying..' She let out a giggle as every eyes turned to look at her. 

'Its been ages since I last saw all of you...' She smiled softly as she took her time to make eye contact with everyone. 

'Maknae!!!'

'Joohyunnieee!!'

'Seobaby!!'

'Goguma Monsterrr!!!!' 

Hyo noona, Soo noona and the 2 trolls rushed forward engulfing her in a tight embrace. Jongin was still seated at his chair, unable to move his leg to come closer to the girl who had his heart.

'Jongin oppa? Are you not happy to see me?' Her delicate voice wake him up as he stood up, pulling her into his arms.

'You have no idea how happy I am to see you, Hyunnie..' He had always dream of this moment where he had her in his arms again. 

'I know, oppa.. I'm happy to you too.. All of you...' Joohyun whispers as she wiped her tears.

'Aigooo! Joohyunnie.. Thats the 1st time in a very long time I saw Jongin showing his emotions!!!' Soo unnie teased as she pulled Joohyun to the seat beside her.

'Why is that so, unnie? Oppa always smiling and laughing.. right oppa?' Joohyun ask, throwing a smile to the frozen man.

'Ani maknae-ah.. he went through puberty..' Hyo noona teased as she divert Joohyun's attention to the table. Once again, Jongin felt indebted to Hyo noona, no need for Joohyun to know what he went through.

'Hyun.. I missed you so much...' Jongin whispers, as he watches her interaction with their friends.

It felt like she never left. She was joking, laughing and talking with the boys normally. But Jongin could see the sadness in her eyes.The bubbly girl with the twinkle in her eyes long gone. She was replaced by a sophisticated woman with guarded eyes. 

'Jongin! Come lets start eating!!' 

............

FLASHBACK

'Joohyun.. where is your family?' Umma ask as she gave a hug to Joohyun.

'Ah, aunty.. Yuri unnie just texted me that they are on their way.. There was a last minute meeting that requires Appa,Omma and Yuri unnie to attend.. ' Joohyun answered, gripping her handphone tightly in her hands.

'Relax dear.. I know they will reach on time to hear your graduation speech.. I know your father is.. He's been bragging about it.. ' Appa gave her shoulders a tight squeeze before making his way to the waiting area. Joohyun gave a nervous laugh before looking at the entrance of the school.

'Joohyun.. you sure your okay? You look pale.. ' Jongin ask as he touch her chubby cheeks. 

'Ani.. Oppa.. it must be nerves, I guess...' 

Jongin chuckle as he patted her head. 'Come, lets go in now or we'll be late...' Jongin pulled her hand towards the waiting area, guiding her to where their friends were gathered. It was finally their graduation day, and as usual the maknae of the group was the top of the university.

Everyone had big dreams. Jongdae had made plans to take over his parents resort and let them have an early retirement. Chanyeol's parents had agreed to let his sister run the company and hence he was free to do whatever he wants. Chanyeol decided to help his best friend with running the resort. Hyo noona wanted to open a dance studio, while Soo noona and Jongin had agreed to take over their families business. Joohyun will be working under her sister in their family business.

'Ms Seo Joohyun..Your speech in 10mins.. Congratulations you all in graduating.. Especially you two, Mr Park and Mr Kim.. I didnt expect the two of you to graduate...' Mr Kang called out as he walked by them, giving Chanyeol a pat on the back.

'Aish.. why is he so irritating.. The only reason I dont attend your class is because of your ty attitude...' Jongdae rolls his eyes.

'Chenchen, Yeollie.. You guys should be proud that you are graduating.. and that you had prove him .. Whose number is this...' Joohyun mumbled, staring at the unknown number.

'Y...Yes.. I'm.. Seo Joohyun..' Joohyun stutter causing the rest to turn and look at her.  She gasped, her knees buckling. Seeing her reaction, Jongin rushed to her side, supporting her and taking the phone from her.

'Hello? I'm Kim Jongin.. She's not ready to answer the phone.. May I know what happen?' 

'Mr Kim, I'm Inspector Lee..  her family was involved in an accident, they are on the way to the Seoul General Hospital... Unfortunately, the impact was so hard that the driver pass away on the spot.. I would appreciate if she would be able to come to the hospital right away...'

'Oh.. We are on our way now, Sir..' Jongin hanged up, looking at the pale face girl in his arms.

'Jongdae, please call for my parents now...' Jongin whispers. Sensing the situation, Jongdae rushes into the crowd, looking for Jongin's parents.

'What happen, Jongin-ah?' Hyo noona ask, holding Joohyun's hand tightly.

'There was an accident.. We need to go to the hospital now..' 

'There's no way any of us going on the stage in this kind of situation.. I'll go and inform Mr Kang that there's been an emergency...' Soo noona runs off. 

'Joohyun.. Come.. lets go to the car now.. We need to go to the hospital right away..' Hyo noona said.

'Unnie, oppa.. I had a weird dream yesterday.. And it turn out to be real...' Joohyun whispers, tears run down her cheeks.

............

'I'm sorry about your loss, Ms Seo.. Please be strong.. Your mother needs you now..' Dr Lee said as he patted Joohyun on the back. Joohyun was no longer crying, but she was neither showing any emotions. 

The car that her family was travelling had collided with a construction truck while turning into a blind bend. Her sister, Yuri noona, had died instantly on the spot. Her father, passed on in the ambulance due to traumatic head injury and massive bleeding. Her mother had internal injury and had spinal fracture was still in a critical condition. 

Joohyun was still seated in the waiting area, staring into the empty wall. Appa was at the registration counter, assisting with the paperwork for his late best friend. Umma was sobbing at the side with Hyo noona and Soo noona. For once, Chanyeol and Jongdae was quietly sitting on the floor side by side, tears running down their faces. Everyone was fond of the Seo's. Mr Seo was a friendly,easy going man, Mrs Seo the typical mother figure and there was Yuri noona, beautiful and kind, only 23years old. 

The doors to the emergency department burst open, making Joohyun flinch, looking towards the commotion. A couple in their late 30s came running down the hallway.

'Imo...' Joohyun whispers before staggering forward to hug her aunt, her mother younger sister. Finally, tears escape her eyes as she seek solace with her aunt.

'Hyunnie... Where's your mother now? Lets go and see her together...' Her aunt whispers as she guided Joohyun to the room. 

'I dont know how to thank you.. For staying with Joohyun at this moment..' Her uncle said in a gruff voice. 

..............

'Jongin.. they left yesterday.. I just found out this morning..'

It was a week after that tragic day. Joohyun's mother had passed away that night itself. The last time everyone saw Joohyun was at the funeral 3 days ago. She had lost so much weight, her hair lays limp, her eyes tired. Jongin knew that her aunt would bring her back to the States to stay with her, but he didnt know that it would be this fast and that they would leave without any words. 

That day, when Joohyun left was the day when Jongin's live came sprawling down.

........................

 

 

author's note

hey hey hey..

1st chapter up!! 

First of all, I would like to thank my subbies & those who upvoted for me.. 

Thank You!! XOXOXO

Please dont mind the grammar and weak english! *peace!

Continue to support me y'alls!!

Please subscribe & leave a comment/feedback behind!!