FIVE!

Waiting for a miracle to happen..

'Hyung.. Have you been waiting long? Sorry for the wait, something cropped up in the office...' Jongin apologized as he took a seat opposite Yunho hyung. 

'It alright, dongsaeng ah... Are you ready to order?' Yunho hyung asks as he gestured for the waiter. Jongin nods his head as he scanned through the menu. 

'Jongin, the reason why I asks you out, is because I feel that you've been avoiding me ever since the day I went over to your place with Joohyun... Is there anything that you wanna tell me?' Yunho hyung as soon as the waiter left. Jongin gulps, shaking his head as he look away.

'Hyung.. What makes you think that way... Hyung.. Hows the wedding preparation?' Jongin chuckle awkwardly, trying to change the topic.

'Jongin.. How long have I known you?' 

'Ever since I was 5...' Jongin whispers, knowing that his hyung could look right through him easily.

'Precisely.. I know something is bothering you... And it got something to do with Joohyun.. Am I right?' Yunho hyung said, smiling sadly at Jongin.

'Hyung...'

'Jongin.. I'm not blind.. All of you were so obvious...' Yunho hyung laughs, the hurt in his voice was obvious.

'I'm sorry, hyung...' 

'Jongin.. Why didnt you tell me? You know that your opinion matters the most.. and to think that you are just sweeping this away and not confronting me is making me uneasy...' Yunho hyung said, staring straight at Jongin.

'I know.. ' Jongin answers, looking away.

'By any chance, do you still have feelings for her?'Yunho hyung asks, shocking the younger man.

'Hyung...'

'I need to be clear, Jongin.. Lines needs to be drawn... I dont want anything to happen between us...' Yunho hyung said, his face etched with sadness.

'Do not worry, hyung.. I'm not the kind of person who would have feelings for someone else's fiancee.. I do have limits...' Jongin answers,standing up. He was hurt that his hyung would even think that way.

'Jongin.. I dont mean it in that way!' 

'Hyung, I'm sorry but I just remembered that I have a meeting.. I need to go back to the office.. See you around, hyung...' Jongin said, bowing as he leave the restaurant.

'I wanted to be happy as well dongsaeng-ah.. But I made a promise years ago.. to do whatever it takes to make you happy...' Yunho whispers as he watch Jongin walking out of the restaurant.

......................

Jongin slammed the door, walking into his apartment as he tried to calm down.He took a can of beer from the fridge and gulped it down in anger.

'I'm not that kind of person to steal someone who wasnt meant to be with me.. And here I thought he knows me best... ' Jongin mumbled as he plopped down on his sofa. A beep from his handphone pulls him out from his thoughts.

'Dongsaeng, please forgive me... I didnt mean to upset you with my insensitive questions... I know you needed time... but whenever your ready.. you know i'll be here as your hyung... ' 

'Maybe I was too harsh on him...' Jongin shakes his head as he went to take a shower, not bothering to reply to his hyung text message.

.......................

1 month later...

'Jongin... have you heard from your Yunho hyung?'

'No.. why the sudden question, noona?' Jongin asks as he took a sip of his drink. To be honest, the day he left his hyung at the restaurant was the last time he heard of the older man.

'He had call off the engagement with Joohyun... Joohyun's been locking herself in her apartment, Hyo is staying over at her apartment , looking after her...' Soo noona said, her face evident with worry for their youngest friend. 

'What?! When did this happened?!' Jongin said, sitting up straight in his seat.

'Two days ago.. Yeollie and Jongdae is super furious... well, everyone of us is furious with him.. he didnt tell you the reason why?' Soo noona ask, leaning forward. 

'No, noona... Aish.. How come I'm always the last one to know all this?' Jongin said, his hands curling up in anger.

'Because for the past month...  you have been super busy.. refusing to meet any of us...' 

'Noona, Please forgive me.. but I need to leave now.. I need answers from someone..' Jongin apologizes as he stood up, his anger getting the best out of him.

'Jongin! Dont do anything irrational.. Joohyun and Hyo wont forgive you..' Soo noona stood up, trying to calm him down.

'For my own happiness, noona... I need to wake him up.. my hyung is acting stupidly right now!' Jongin burst out, leaving Soo noona behind. 

.................. 

'HYUNG! OPEN THE DOOR!! I KNOW YOUR INSIDE!!!'

'Jongin... whats with all the shouting?' Yunho hyung opened the door, smiling to see his dongsaeng. He was glad that finally he could finally meet his dongsaeng again although the situation wasnt at all favourable.

Seeing how his hyung could smile after doing such a thing towards Joohyun, something erupted inside of Jongin. Without answering his hyung, he threw a punch at Yunho hyung.

'WHY DID YOU BREAK OFF WITH HER! YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WITH HER AND MAKE HER HAPPY!! WHY!!!' Jongin shouted, throwing more punches to his cousin, causing the older man to fall onto the floor.

'Jongin...' Yunho hyung coughs out, trying to block the blows.

'No.. just shut up.. i dont wanna hear a thing.. You just made me lose all my respect towards you...' Jongin spats as he walked out of Yunho hyung's apartment. 

'I knew you were the best guy to replace me... Please forgive me, Jongin.. Joohyun...' 

.................... 

'Noona.. Where is Hyunnie?' Jongin asks as soon as Hyo noona let him into the apartment.

'She's in her room... Do you want anything to drink, Jongin?' Hyo noona asks as she pointed to the room.

'No noona.. Thanks noona for being here for her...' Jongin hugs his petite noona before striding to Joohyun's room.

'Joohyun? Hyunnie?' Jongin knocks gently on the door.

'Jongin oppa?' Joohyun called out. Her voice muffled and surprised. 

The door creaked opened, revealing a disheveled, swollen eyed Joohyun. Looking at her now, causes his heart to ache even more compared to the day he knew that she was already engaged.

'What are you doing here, oppa?' Her voice all husky and strained.

'How could I stay quiet when I know my best friend is hurting?' Jongin whispers as he pulls her into a tight hug making the latter let out a muffled sob.

'Oppa... I'm sorry...' 

.............................

'How many times do I have to tell you, Hyunnie? Do not cry on your own.. I'm your listening shoulders, your punching bag... Please... Your worrying me...' Jongin knocked on her door. She just found out that the person she likes actually was just playing with her. She was quiet through out the whole car ride home, rushing out and running to her room, locking herself in.

'Jongin.. Give her time... She would be fine after crying...' Mrs Seo said as she pat his shoulders gently.

'Its alright, Mrs Seo.. I'll come down after I spoke to her...' Jongin smiles lightly at Mrs Seo. 

'Hyunnie... The reason why we didnt tell you is because we know you wouldnt believe us... I'm sorry...' Jongin said as he stood infront of the door.

Jongin smiles slightly as he heard the door unclicked. 

'I'm coming in now, Hyunnie.. Thank you...' Jongin pushes the door open slightly, peeking in at the girl sitting at the foot of her bed, hugging her keroro doll. Jongin smiles as he recognize the doll that he bought for her when the first year they become friends.

Jongin took a seat beside her, sighing lightly.

'Joohyun... in life.. you will have to go through harsh heartbreaks before you finally meet the right one..We are still young, hyunnie... We have a long way to go.. Sometimes the one that you feelings for at this age, wouldnt be the one you will be with at the end, but hey thats life...'

'Oppa... I'm not heartbroken because I found out that he was two timing me... I'm heartbroken that you guys didnt even tell me... I knew from the start that entering this relationship with Kris was a bad idea... but none of you stop me... ' Joohyun whispers, pinching the doll's cheek.

'What?!' 

Looking at Jongin's face, Joohyun couldnt help it but laugh out loud. She couldnt stop laughing that she almost fall off her bed. 

'Oppa.. You look so funny... hahahha...' Joohyun clutch her stomach as tears spilled out of her face.

'Aish.. I cant believe this girl..' Jongin mumbled as he continue to watch the girl laugh her lungs out. He gave her time to regain her composure. 

'Do you know that all of us were worried.. We really thought you were heartbroken because of that idiot...' Jongin mutters, staring at her face.

'Oppa...' 

'Promise me one thing, Hyunnie-ah...' Jongin interrupts.

'What is it,Oppa?' 

'Next time, you wanna cry... Look for me.. Call for me... I want to be the one to wipe your tears away... I want to be the reason why your smiling again... Thats what friends are for...' Jongin said, his heart clenches slightly at the term 'friends' when clearly he wants more.

 

 

author's note

Hey Hey Hey...

I feel so sorry for Yunho.. 

but its a SEOKAI fic! right??? hahahhaa

Anyway hope you guys enjoy this chapter...

Read, Enjoy and Leave your tots behind!!

Peace y'alls!!

XOXO