007

Double Heartbreak

 "Second day of school...you can do this!" Taeyeon muttered to herself. She looked at herself in the mirror again, and decided that Sooyoung was right. She had already made a bad first impression, so now she could just dress simply.

 

She checked her phone for the time.

 

7:30 am. Good, Taeyeon wanted to get to school earlier than most of her classmates to avoid as much attention as she could.

 

She headed out of her house, but instead of going out of the front door, she went out of the house via the backdoor to her large backyard, which had a forest behind it. Taeyeon would be going to school by walking through the forest, and exiting at a place near the school. This way, any students driving on the road in front of her house wouldn't see her coming out of the driveway of a large and very well known mansion that belonged to the famous Kims. 

 

"Ouch!" Taeyeon yelped as a branch she had pushed away slipped through her grasp and whacked her in the face. She pouted. "Aish...this is going to leave a mark for sure. I need to hire someone to clear some of these shrubs.." Although Taeyeon and her friends had played in this very forest countless times before and knew it like the back of their hands, they hadn't entered it for years, and the vegetation had grown quite considerably. 

 

Just as Taeyeon was questioning herself and the forest, she saw a familiar walking path the city had built to promote nature or something like that. She knew the path would end near the front of some random neighborhood that was right next to Soshi High, so she could just pretend she lived in that neighborhood.

 

She plodded along the path for a few minutes, enjoying the peace while she could. She soon saw the end of the path and hesitantly stepped onto the sidewalk. She would be entering school in just a few moments. Gathering herself up, she walked towards her high school with her head down, and didn't notice a familiar car following her until the driver honked the horn.

 

Startled, Taeyeon whipped her head around. She didn't know whether or not to feel happy or anxious once she saw who it was. But putting her feelings aside, how did those two always seem to find her walking? 

 

"Okay Taeyeon...befriend them, befriend them...get this over with." Taeyeon whispered to herself.

 

"Were you saying something?" Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon quickly shook her head.  "Nothing.."

 

"Hehe..well I guess this is getting creepy...I swear we aren't following you around! We just keep..finding each other!" Tiffany exclaimed, hoping Taeyeon wouldn't be weirded out.

 

"Oh..I guess it's fate?" Taeyeon replied awkwardly.

 

Suddenly, Jessica pointed at Taeyeon. "You just spoke! And we thought you would never speak to us" she said playfully. 

 

Taeyeon remained as awkward as ever, but decided to "flirt" as best as she could. She needed to get their stupid plan out of the way as soon as possible. "Err..well nobody in their right mind would refuse to speak two two girls as pretty as you!" Taeyeon was talking to both of them, but kept her eyes on Tiffany, since she was the one she needed to "date".

 

Both of them were visibly shocked.

 

Tiffany, seeing Taeyeon's confidence, decided to mirror it. She also wanted to get this stupid bet out of the way as soon as possible. She walked towards Taeyeon with a seductive gaze in her eyes. This was going to be easier than expected. "Hmm...so you think we're attractive?" she asked, while lifting Taeyeon's chin up with one finger.

 

Taeyeon actually blushed, and thought psh..no way, but nodded to Tiffany instead.

 

"Oohh...well then I guess we should meet up after school and talk for a bit, eh?" Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon thought that request was a bit sudden and out of place, but played along "Uhh..s-sure. How about K Ice Cream Parlour?" she asked with a fake stutter.

 

"Fine with us." Jessica said, shrugging. After a moment of silence, she added "You know, you're actually wearing some normal, but still ugly clothes today." she noted.

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"Why?"

 

Taeyeon was suprised. One, because of the fact that she didn't expect anyone to point it out, and two, because Jessica was really blunt and to the point. "Bec-cause uh...there's no need for those other clothes a-anymore."

 

Jeti looked at her curiously, but didn't probe any further.

 

"So ice cream parlour. Right after school. Is that fine?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Okay then! See you after school Taeyeon!" Tiffany called with a wink before closing the door and driving off with Jessica.

 

Taeyeon just stood there for a few seconds, mentally facepalming. What the heck just happened? DId she seriously flirt? If she had a time machine, Taeyeon would definently go back in time and take things slowly. But then again, the quicker things moved, the quicker she would be free of the stupid bet thing. So Taeyeon stood there, weighing the pros and cons of the situation before deciding that being proactive in their "relationship" would be better. Feeling a lot better, Taeyeon texted her friends.

 

Group Chat:

Taeyeon:

So...I just met Jeti again. I guess I flirted with them a bit and agreed to meet them after school. Im going to try to make this whole thing end asap, so yeah. 

 

Just as she was about to pocket her phone, it started to vibrate endlessly.

 

Group Chat:

Yul: Atta girl!

Yoonggie: But Taengooooo....this isn't...

Seob: It does make sense tho

Yoonggie: ...isn't safe..

Soo: Btw, we're all already at school, just go to the same place as yd and we'll talk in person

 

And so just a minute later, Taeyeon found herself in Yoona's uncles office again.

 

Yoona started nagging Taeyeon about all of the things that could go wrong while Hyoyeon was arguing how it was perfect, and the rest of the girls were off in their own land.

 

Suddenly, just as Taeyeon was about to snap at Yoona, a knock on the door was heard. 

 

Since Yoona's uncle, the principle of the school and his secretary weren't there, Yoona took charge insead.

 

Pressing the communication button, she asked, "Who's there?"

 

"I'm Tiffany Hwang. My friends are here too."

 

Hearing that, Taeyeon froze and looked around for a hiding place. 

 

"And why are you guys here?" Yoona asked.

 

"We want to discuss our classes."

 

"Ok, wait a moment. Mr. Im is not here at the moment, but you can wait inside his room."

 

"OK, we'll wait inside the room."

 

Yoona looked around and whispered, "Where's Taeng?"

 

Sooyoung pointed at the desk the secretary sat at. Yoona understanding, used her hands to tell Sooyoung to sit there and cover Taeyeon. Once she was sure Taeyeon wouldn't be caught, she opened the door.

 

The girls of Kara were talking amongst themselves when the door opened to reveal Yoona. They looked at her, confused, but Yoona just told them to enter the principal's room.

 

Gyuri decided to ask "Err...are you guys in trouble or something?"

 

Sooyoung answered. "Nah. Yoongs uncle is the.." she stopped and looked at Yoona for permission.

 

"Principal." Yoona said, finishing the sentence for her.

 

"Woah really?"

 

"Yes." Yoona replied curtly.

 

"So you guys can get into trouble as much as you want and get away with it?"

 

Giving her an incredulous look, Hyoyeon replied, "No. It just means we'll get into more trouble privately."

 

"Oh.."

 

And after that the room fell into an awkward silence.

 

"Yeah, yesterday at the mall.." Tiffany started

 

"Oh, we were just shopping. And somehow, we were about to be framed of theft because our friend was looking a little suspicious I guess."

 

"Jiyeon, right?" Youngji asked.

 

"..yeahh.."

 

"She was really pretty once she took off her mask and sunglasses. Why did she have to stay hidden anyways? It's not like she's this criminal or something, right?" Jiyoung asked curiously.

 

"It's none of your business." Sooyoung replied coldly.

 

Taken aback, Hara said "Geez, you guys don't have to be so cold and rude. We never did anything to you guys"

 

The girls of GG all looked at each other, and remained quiet until Hyoyeon spoke up. "Well, to be honest, we really don't have a reason to be your friends, or treat you guys well. And although you  might not know it, we do have an actual reason as to why we don't like you."

 

Tension hung in the air until a phone started ringing.

 

Yoona answered. 

 

"Uncle?"

"Oh ok."

"Yeah, see you!"

"Bye."

 

"He says he won't be here today. So you guys should probably come here again tommorrow." 

 

"Yeah..ok..we w-will." And then Kara left the room, and Yoona went over and locked the door again. Taeyeon climbed out of her hiding place and looked around. 

 

"That was pretty harsh."

 

"Well they deserved it." Seohyun huffed.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon sat down in a seat at the very back corner of the ice cream palour, waiting for two girls to arrive. She already ordered one ice cream, and had just finsished it. She threw the cup away, and looked around again to see if Jessica or Tiffany had arrived.

 

When Taeyeon had waited for 15 minutes already, the doors to the parlour burst open, and the two girls entered, eyes sweeping the shop for Taeyeon. When they finally saw her, they hurried over and apologized.

 

"We're so sorry...our friends were talking to us for a long time, and we lost track of time.." TIffany said after she caught her breath.

 

"It's fine. I-I haven't waited for a long time."

 

"Oh okay, that's good. I'll go order an ice cream, and then we can talk and eat, okay?" Tiffany said, as she alked towards the cashier. Taeyeon was left alone in the booth with Jessica now. 

 

Jessica was busy studying Taeyeon's features. "Have I met you before?" 

 

Startled, Taeyeon quickly denied it. "No, no, yesterday was the first time I've seen you and Tiffany." Technically she wasn't lying, since Taeyeon didn't specify that she had met Jessica twice the day before.

 

Jessica started again. "I heard you sing yesterday in vocal class. You were really good, and I could tell the teacher loved your voice. Do you train in singing, or is it just a hobby?"

 

"I, um, well it started as a hobby, but now I'm training. My goal is to be able to perform as a singer or idol, but entertainment companies also put in your looks as a factor of whether or not to accept you or not, and I obviously am not very attractive." Taeyeon said with a hint of sadness. "How about you?"

 

"I'm actually a trainee at SM..I've been training for 3-4 years already." Jessica paused and bluntly added "Yeah, to be honest, your face is important in the entertainment industry, and you don't really make the cut."

 

Taeyeon stayed silent for a second. Jessica thought that she might have been too blunt about her last sentence, but Taeyeon didn't mind that part. The part that Jessica was a SM trainee startled her. She was going to have to go to Sunny's house and ask her about the trainees now.

 

"Is..being a SM trainee hard?" Taeyeon asked. Although she was a SM trainee, she didn't train with the rest of the trainees, and wanted to know if they had it as bad as she did.

 

"Ha..you don't even know. We have to work our buts off in singing, dancing, variety, acting, and sometimes even rapping. It's horrible."

 

Taeyeon frowned. "Then why are you still training?"

 

"Well, it's been my dream to perform onstage ever since I can remember. It's hard, but if it means I can debut, then heck I'll do it."

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with admiration. Her determination was really something.

 

"I'm back~" Tiffany called, holding a big cup of ice cream.

 

"Erm..why is there only one big cup?" Taeyeon asked, although she was pretty sure she already knew the answer.

 

"We share!"

 

"But..."

 

"No buts!" Tiffany said as she handed Taeyeon a spoon. "Dig in!"

 

Taeyeon hesitated at first, but gave into the temptation of ice cream. Pretty soon, there was an ice cream wall, spilitting the side Jessica and Tiffany ate from the side Taeyeon ate. She immeadiatly stopped eating and turned to look at Jessica and Tiffany.

 

Tiffany noticed her action and laughed "What are you afraid of? Do we looke like we have cooties or something?"

 

"N-no...it's just tha-" Taeyeon was cut off when Tiffany used her spoon, scooped out a mouthful of ice cream, and put it in front of Taeyeon's mouth.

 

"Say ahhh Taeyeon."

 

Taeyeon turned red and scooted as far back as she could, but to no avail. Tiffany had come over to her side of the table and now had a hand on Taeyeon's lips, gently prying them apart. Taeyeon finally consented, and swallowed the ice cream, making sure didn't touch the spoon. Tiffany smiled proudly and continued to feed the beet red person beside her.

 

"Now, that wasn't too bad was it?" Tiffany asked once the ice cream was finished.

 

Taeyeon nodded in agreement. Suddenly, Tiffany moved closer to her and planted a kiss on her cheek. Taeyeon froze, while Jessica tried to contain her giggles. Taeyeon looked absolutely adorable right now.

 

"Well, Tiff and I have to go now, see you at school tommorrow!" Jessica called.

 

Taeyeon just stiffly sat there, even after the duo left. Once she regained her senses, she swiftly returned to her car and sped to Sunny's apartment. 

 

On the way there, Taeyeon couldn't help but think of the kiss. She started face palming again, and started talking to herself.

 

"Don't feel anything...don't blush...ask her out tommorrow....don't...don't...don't..."

 

She continued to give herself advice all the way to Sunny's place.

 

Once she arrived, Taeyeon quickly went to Sunny's floor and knocked on the door. The door opened after a few seconds.

 

"Who is-" Sunny stopped, and realizing it was Taeyeon, engulfed the girl in a tight hug.

 

"Taeyeon!!! I haven't seen you since forever! You don't visit as much anymore! I miss you! How's high school now? How are the rest of the girls? Nothing happened, right?" She rambled.

 

Taken aback at the sudden onslaught of questions Taeyeon put her hand over Sunny's mouth and pulled her into the building.

 

"Okay...now can you ask your questions one by one?" Taeyeon asked when she and Sunny were seated on a sofa.

 

"Haha...sorry. I was just too exited you actually visited me! Okay. Question...you're already in disguise?"

 

"Yup. Just look at me" Taeyeon responded with a light chuckle.

 

"Then how have people been treating you at school?"

 

"As expected.." Taeyeon said with a distant look.

 

"Is there anything I need to know?"

 

Taeyeon was about to tell Sunny that nothing special was happening, just the normal teasing and bullying, but she knew she wouldn't be able to hide the weird bet from her intuitive friend, so Taeyeon decided to confess. "Erm..well, we found out some popular people are betting on me. Like, this person is going to get me to fall for her, but then she's going to painfully break up with me."

 

"...and how do you know about this?"

 

"We overheard them talking about it."

 

Sunny slowly nodded her head and said, "So I'm assuming you're trying to speed it up?"

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

"What are their names?"

 

"Well, here's the thing...one of their names is Jessica Jung." Taeyeon said carefully.

 

 "WHAT? Blonde hair and all?"

 

"Yup. She told me she was a SM trainee."

 

Sunny looked slightly stunned. "She's not the type of person to do that..."

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "Really? So you're saying she might just be acting cocky and like a b**** because of the bet?"

 

Sunny thought about it and nodded her head. "Yeah, she doesn't see you as any important person, just a person involved in her friends bet. I'm sure you'd love her if you met her true self. "

 

"So her true self is all caring and sappy and all that stuff?"

 

"What? No! She's blunt, strait foward, and scary at times, but she's a great friend at the same time, you know?"

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips. "I guess..."

 

Seeing that Taeyeon still wasn't convinced, Sunny thought of an idea. "Us trainees have a practice tonight. Do you want to go and see for yourself?"

 

"I'm a trainee too.." Taeyeon pouted.

 

Sunny giggled and flicked her forehead. "I mean official trainees."

 

Taeyeon thought about it, and decided to take up the offer. "Fine. But let me get dressed and masked."

 

"Okay! You can eat dinner here too. We'll leave in an hour."

 

-----

A/N

Update :)

Also, thank you so much for all the support! 25 upvotes and 300+ subbies already...THANK YOUUUU!!! Considering how inconsistent I am, I'm really suprised and grateful at all this support