010

Double Heartbreak

It's been a week since Tiffany and Taeyeon have started dating. Taeyeon's peers haven't been treating her any better as expected, but at least they don't dare to do anything in TIffany's presence. They had actually gone on on date together the past week, which was suprising, considering how both of them weren't actually commited to the relationship. 

 

The date had gone pretty well. Taeyeon and Tiffany just went to a park and walked around, holding hands and talking about themselves. Afterwards Tiffany took them to a five star restauant to have dinner. Tiffany paid for it all, and they talked some more.

 

Taeyeon found out that Tiffany loves pink, has an older brother, is from California, and loves pink. She also found that Tiffany was deathly afraid of bugs. When they were walking around in the park, a ladybug landed on Taeyeon's hair, and Tiffany started backing off, eyes wide with terror.

 

"Tae-Taeyeon.." Tiffany said slowly as she tried to run away from Taeyeon as politely as she could. It didn't really work.

 

"What?" Taeyeon asked, puzzled.

 

"Well you see...there's this creature on your head.." Tiffany answered, a few feet away from where Taeyeon was standing.

 

"WHAT? A CREATURE? IS IT A LEECH OR SOMETHING???" Taeyeon asked frantically.

 

"Oh no, that would just be terrible. But this is too."

 

Taeyeon stomped her foot. "Just tell me what it is."

 

"Well...it's a bug. I think it's a ladybug too." Tiffany said.

 

"..."

 

"What? Aren't you going to take it off or something?" Tiffany asked.

 

Taeyeon threw her head back and lauhed. How absurd. "You're telling me that a ladybug is this scary creature that you can't be near with."

 

"Well...yes. But bugs are scary!" Tiffany defended.

 

In addition to the date with Tiffany, Taeyeon went to the SM practice rooms once a week, and met Jessica there once. Taeyeon presumed that they would be meeting many times in the future too.

 

"Hey there."

 

Jessica turned around and saw Taeyeon standing there. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Uhh...I'm practicing for the show?"

 

"Don't you have your own private teacher and studio?" 

 

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head. "Yeah. But I need to get used to this place, so I'm going to come once a week until the show airs my episode."

 

Jessica nodded. "Makes sense."

 

They fell into silence, neither knowing what to say.

 

Neither of them had to say anything, as Sunny barged in happily. "Oh! I see you're bonding already! That's great!"

 

"Yeah..." Jessica and Taeyeon said simultaneously.

 

"Well then. I'll get going and you talk some more!" Sunny chirped, and then left as quick as she came.

 

"So, uh.." Jessica started. "What school do you go to?"

 

"I...I'm homeschooled." Taeyeon lied.

 

"That's cool. Have you ever been to public schools?"

 

"Yeah. Just started being homeschooled two to three years ago. You?"

 

"You already know, but I go to Soshi High."

 

"Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot." Taeyeon laughed awkwardly.

 

"Oh, no, it's alright." Jessica said hurridly.

 

Taeyeon was about to say something when Krystal interuppted her. "JESSICA! Mom's here, let's go!"

 

Jessica smiled to Taeyeon. "Next time?"

 

"OK. See you!"

 

Right now though, Taeyeon was lounging in Yoona's house with nothing to do.

 

"What  should we doooo??" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Food stall?" Yoona suggested.

 

"Mmm..that place is too small though. How about we go to the middle of that plaza where there's a ton of people and room?"

 

"...wait what. That place is huge though. Like hundreds of people could see us!"

 

"That's the point Yoong.."

 

"But...."

 

"Come on.." Taeyeon coaxed. "We're not lacking any talent or looks, right? So why not give it a try?"

 

Yoona still didn't respond, so Taeyeon moved and sat right next to her. "If it helps, do you want to invite Yuri and Hyoyeon too?"

 

Yoona perked up. "Ok..if and only if they're coming, I'll do it."

 

Taeyeon beamed, and opened her phone.

 

Group Chat:

Taeyeon: Hyoyeon....Yuri....Yoontae wants to ask a question

Seob: You can ask me!

Taeyeon: Ahh..sorry. it s more a them coming with us thing

Soo: and poor seob and i cant go

Taeyeon: u can watch

Seob: oooh. r u guys performing?

Yoonggie: Bingo!

Hyo: Wait, performing? if its dancing ill do it

Taeyeon: It is. yul?

Yul: Sure why not

Hyo: whatre we doing tho

Yoonggie: Come to my house and find out

Soo: wait what about us

Taeyeon: ill tell you guys the time and place once were done prepping

Seob: Ok sounds good

 

Taeyeon turned toward Yoona. "So, since we're set with the members, what should we dance?"

 

"How bout a dance cover?"

 

"Sure. It has to be hard though."

 

"Pink Girl's Catch Me If You Can? We already know it."

 

"Fine with me." Taeyeon replied.

 

After Hyoyeon and Yuri came, they four of them practiced for two hours strait.

 

"What time is it?" Yoona asked, out of breath.

 

"8:00 pm. We can perform, and lay down something for money and treat ourselves with however much money we earn!" Yuri exclaimed, content with her own idea.

 

"Woah..what if we don't earn enough money?" Yoona asked, slightly concerned.

 

"It just all depends on how good the performance is then." Hyoyeon said.

 

"I'm ok with it. How about we vote?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Ugh...no need to. I'm actually ok with it." Yoona said.

 

"What?"

 

"What?"

 

"What?"

 

Yoona sighed. "Look your ears are perfectly fine, and you didn't hear wrong. I'm okay with eating however much we earn." She paused. "But I want most of the food we buy."

 

"Sure.."

 

"Ok! Let's go then!"

 

Thirty minutes later, the four of them arrived at the plaza and started setting up the sound system for the music.

 

"Test test." Taeyeon said to the microphone, voice muffled due to her cough mask. "Okay, it works" Taeyeon confirmed, putting down the mic.

 

Yoona picked the mic back up and introduced herself and the rest of her friends. A small crowd already formed, due to the girls beuaty. 

 

"Tonight we'll be performing Catch Me If You Can by the Pink Girls! Please enjoy."  As she set down the mic, the music started, and the four started to dance in sync.


"Jessi!" Tiffany called, prodding Jessica's elbow.

 

"What?"

 

"Isn't that Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri with some girl over there preparing for something?" She asked, intruiged.

 

Jessica squinted and moved closer to the four performers. "Yeah you're right. And-and that other girl is Kim Taeyeon..." She said, slightly shocked.

 

"Gahh really? I'm watching this."

 

"Why?" Jessica asked.

 

"A performance by the golden child of SM? Who wouldn't?"

 

"Well, you don't know how good that golden child is. The others might be really bad too, you know?"

 

Tiffany put her hand over Jessica's mouth. "Be quiet." she hissed "they're starting already."

 

"Humph. Like they're going to be any good-" Jessica suddenly stopped when she saw them dance. Changing her stance, she whispered "They're damn good Tiff. Might even be better than some SM trainees.."

 

Tiffany didn't bother to respond; she was too engrossed in the performance.

 

Once the dance ended, Jessica went up to the performers and tossed ten dollars onto the mat. She saw that the mat already gathered at least a few hundred dollars, but put hers in anyway.

 

"You guys are sooo good!" Tiffany gushed.

 

"Yeah seriously." Jessica agreed. She turned toward Taeyeon and walked towards her. "And you! You never told me you could dance like this!" Jessica accused.

 

"You never asked though"

 

"Did I have to?"

 

"Yes."

 

Jessica grumbled. "Fine. Are you going to the first episode recording for the show tomorrow?"

 

"Maybe. If I have time. Why?"

 

"I-I want you to." Jessica said, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

 

"Oh." Taeyeon said, slightly shocked. "I guess I will then!"

 

"T-thanks!" Jessica stuttered. Tiffany looked at her weirdly. Jessica never stuttered, except in front of Taeyeon. "Well, we'll get going now. See you at school!"

 

"Ok. Bye!" Hyoyeon called.

 

"Huh. That was weird." Taeyeon said after Jessica and Tiffany were out of earshot.

 

"Not really." Yoona countered.

 

"And how not?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I'll tell you later."

 

"Why?"

 

"It's something you don't need to know now."

 

"Fine..." Taeyeon said, jutting out her lower lip.

 

"Ayy..stop pouting or I'm going to stop looking at you. We have around a hundred dollars a person from our performance!"

 

"Wow. Really?"

 

"Yup. Hyoyeon and Yuri have already gone. We need to catch up."

 

"Ok.." Taeyeon replied as she and Yoona jogged side by side through the plaza.

 

Today was a peaceful day for Taeyeon. She got a taste of performing in front of a huge crowd, earned money, and Jessica didn't seem so hostile anymore. She would also be revealed soon, and could then stop wearing her disguises.

 

Life was good

 

 

so far.


A/N:

Last update before hiatus :(

So yeah..next update to come in a few months?

Thanks for staying with this fic, and see all of you guys in the summer!