003

Double Heartbreak

 

"Taeyeon! Over here!" An enthusiastic voice yelled when Taeyeon entered her first class. Without looking, Taeyeon reconized it as Tiffany's vioce. She ignored Tiffany's call and went to sit at the back corner of the classroom.

 

Tiffany frowned. Why did Taeyeon deliberatly ignore her?  "Just let her sit there. She probably wants to be alone." Jessica whispered. "We don't need to be by her side all the time." TIffany still wasn't convinced, but followed Jessica's advice. TIffany was about to go over to Taeyeon and talk to her for a bit, but the bell had already rung, and the teacher already entered the classroom.

 

The class dragged on slowly. The teacher was rambling about how this year, math was going to be very different from the math in middle school, but Jessica and Tiffany didn't care. They could fail every class and still be fine.

 

"Now, for tonights homework we'll be reviewing a bit of last years cirriculum. This sheet is just about basic funtions, basics of trig, and other skills you learned last year." The class groaned. "Now, now, if you remembered all of these basic things, the homework won't take very long. You even have five minutes left in class to work on it. "

 

"Great." Jessica muttered. "Homework already."

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, was almost done with the sheet. She quickly went through the problems while everybody else was complaining, and right before the bell rang, she finished. Quickly gathering her things, she rushed to her next class. When she arrived, she heard groans and hushed whispers directed at her. No one wanted to be in the same chem class as her because in this class, there were a lot of long and short term group projects, and nobody wanted to be in the same group as Kim Taeyeon. Once again, she made her way to the back corner of the room and sat down. She was a bit early, so she took out a book to read.

 

After a minute, the class suddenly became quiet. Taeyeon looked up and saw her best friends entering: Kwon Yuri, Seo Juhyun, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona, and Kim Hyoyeon. To other people, they were known as the five goddesses, or the most popular girls in the school. At once, everyone began to whisper excitedly again. After all, the five girls were in their class. And it wasn't a normal class. It was a class where you worked in groups very often.

 

Taeyeon watched them carefully. They better not sit anywhere near her side of the room. Thankfully for her, they decided to sit in the middle, opposite of where she was. The bell rang, and class began.

 

"As you all know, you're in chemistry right now. Along with literature, we are a class that emphasizes group work and cooperation among peers. This year, you will see yourselves working in groups for labs often, and having many projects that will require work outside of school. Additionally, we do not take a final in this class, nor in literature. You will be assigned to a year long group and a difficult lab to complete. Throughout the school year, you will learn what you need to know to complete the lab. The project counts for 15% of your final grade, so please take it seriously." The teacher then proceeded to hand out a packet detailing the requirments of the project.

 

Taeyeon skimmed through it and felt confident. The problem was the people who were going to be her groupmates.

 

"For this project you will not be able to choose your parterners." The teacher paused for a second to let the students voice out their anger, and then continued. "I already have your groups chosen. As you can see, on the top of your packet is your name, and then a dash with a number. For example, mine could be "teacher-1". Look at ther number you have, that will be your group. Some groups have five members, some have six. Now, all ones raise your hand."

 

Goo Hara, Nicole, Seungyeon, Gyuri, Jiyoung, and Youngji raised their hands. Looking around at each other, they smiled. Their group was intact.

 

"Now group two, raise your hands."

 

Wenhan, Sungjoo, Yibo, Yixuan, and Seungyoun raised their hands. 

 

"Group three."

 

Taeyeon raised her hand and looked around. She let out the breath she had been hold in. Sooyoung,Yuri, Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun were raising their hands.

 

"OK, that's group three. Now the last group, group 4, please raise your hands."

 

Doojoon, Kikwang, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, and Dongwoon raised their hands.

 

"If you don't know your group members, become friendlier with each other. You will spend a lot of time with each other, and small labs in class will also mainly be with these group members."

 

Taeyeon looked around again. Everyone was already moving towards their group members. Everyone except for group 1 and her group didn't seem to know each other that well. She moved towards her friends.

 

"Good morning sunbaenims." Taeyeon said as she bowed 90 degrees.

 

Her friends aknowleged her with a nod of their heads, but Taeyeon saw that they were hiding smiles.

 

"I forgot to inform you before, but every group will have to create a name. Tell me before you leave, and I will list it on the board." The teacher informed.

 

Group 1 immeadiatly went up to the teacher and told him their group name. He wrote on the board:

 

Group 1: Kara

 

"So...ummm what should be our name?" Taeyeon asked formally.

 

"You know, I think Girls' Generation would be a good name." Sooyoung stated with an evil smile. 

 

Taeyeon looked at her, appalled, and was about to shout when she remembered these people were supposed to be strangers that she was supposed to worship. "Uh..y-yeah, that's...a g-great name!" Taeyeon said with an obvious fake smile.

 

"Girls' Generation it is!" Yoona said with another evil smile. She went up to the teacher just as the other two groups went. He wrote:

 

Group 2: UNIQ

Group 3: Girls' Generation

Group 4: Beast

 

"It seems like all groups have chosen a name! Look through your packet tonight, every group has a different project. Make sure you have everybodies contact information. I'm sure you can work on some parts already. Don't procrastinate, there is a reason we're giving you a whole year to do this. Good luck, and be prepared to learn tommorrow!" The teacher said just as the bell rang. 

 

Taeyeon separated herself from her friends. All the classes she has next have both Tiffany and Jessica along with her friends in them. That wasn't going to be very pleasant. Her friends knew about Jeti, and it looked like they were going to try to separate Taeyeon from them as much as possible. Yuri had said, " I'm sure they're not helping you because of their goodwill. They have something up their sleeves, so I'm not going to trust them. Plus them and their group of friends are the ones going after our crown, so we can't let two of them get close to our best friend." Despite Yuri's suspicions, Taeyeon decided that she would give the duo a small chance to prove themselves.

 

 

History was already boring on the first day. The teacher had a monotone voice that could make anyone fall asleep at any given second. She also didn't seem to care whether or not her class was listening.

 

Taeyeon groaned at her corner. Her friends and Kara(Note: Kara here is all of the original members and Youngji+Jeti) were in this class. Her friends were goofing off as usual and quietly passing notes to each other. Kara seemed to be quietly observing her friends, and her friends seemed to be aware of that. 

 

Taeyeon decided to put her head down for a second because what the teacher was talking about was only the syllabus. Before long, she unknowingly fell asleep. She woke up to a familiar hand shaking her shoulder and quickly looked up.

 

"Taeyeon-sshi, right?" Hyoyeon asked grinning at her. Taeyeon nodded and looked around. Tiffany and Jessica were looking at her and her friends angrily, who had gathered by her desk. By the looks of things, Tiffany and Jessica had tried to get to her and wake her up, but Hyoyeon had beat them to it.

 

"Yes, that's me. Is there anything ou need?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

"Actually yes." Sooyoung replied arrogantly. "Since we're working on that project together, we need your contact information." She pretended to make a face, and the whole class laughed.

 

Taeyeon was relieved. Sooyoung was doing a good job acting the part. "A-ah yes o-of course. Should I write it on a sheet of paper?" Sooyoung nodded, and Taeyeon randomly scribbled numbers onto the paper. Seohyun took the paper and then they quickly went away. 

 

A few seconds later, she recieved a text

 

Yoona: Yahhhh...this is really hardddd. 

 

Group Chat:

Soo: K guys, I got a plan

 

All of a sudden, Yuri started humming I Got a Boy by Pink Girls. Sooyoung smacked her and started typing on her phone again.

 

Soo: Anyywaaysss...I'm sure Kara is pissed now. They'll probably go somewhere and talk about whatever plan they have. If they have one. So I propose that Seo follows them and record their convo. Then we'll know everything!

Seo: Why meee

Yul: Cuz you look the most normal

Seo: -.-

Yoongiee: It's okay seob...

Hyo: How bout Seo just cals all of us and so we get like a live stream?

Soo: YEA! That's a good ideaa..so yeah. Good luck

 

"Good luck, baby good luck to you...." Yuri softly sang. Taeyeon cracked a small smile.

 

Seo: I'm going now~ I'm going to call all of you guys in a few seconds

 

Seohyun then proceeded to follow Kara, who just left the classroom. Taeyeon decided to go outside and wait for updates. For some reason, she wanted Kara to come off clean.

 

"Ok guys, they just went into the media center." Seohyun whispered. "They're sitting behind a bookshelf, so I'll leave my phone proped against a book and look for a book to read."

 

Taeyeon held her breath. "Yah yah yah...this is harder than expected" Taeyeon heard Tiffany whisper. "I know right...it's like she's avoiding us on purpose. How will we get her to date you? That's going to be really hard itself, and then I-" Jessica was cut off. "Come on, can't you guys change the bet? I can't get her to fall for me if it's going to be this hard." Hara replied with a frim "No. You're going to have to do it and break her. I always managed to complete the bets I lost, so you guys should be able to do this." 

 

Taeyeon stopped listening. She felt a sense of betrayal, but she had no idea why. Her friends were right after all.

 

Seo: Yeah..they really do have a plan

Yul: IK ITTT. TAE! We're going to protect you from them, don't worry

Yoongiee: YEah!

Me: kk...can we talk about this in my house after school today?

Soo: Ya sure...but we also have other equally important things to talk about

Me: ??

 

The bell rang before Taeyeon could get an answer. She looked over her schedule again and saw Vocal classes were next. 

 

"This is going to be a long year..." She muttered to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Pink Girls are the same as SNSD today, just a different name

 

Thanks for reading!!