005

Double Heartbreak

 

"Where are we going?" Taeyeon asked as their car passed by unfamiliar landscapes.

 

"The mall!" Yoona replied. "I think we'll  arrive in about 10 minutes."

 

"But we've been driving for 30 minutes already. Isn't the mall only a 10 minute drive from my house?" Taeyeon asked, slightly confused.

 

Yuri smiled and said "We're going to a mall thats further away, so that there's less of a chance people will recognize us."

 

Taeyeon smiled at their thoughtfullness. Her friends could be annoying and obnoxious at times (or all of the time), but they were still cared for each other a lot, even if they don't really show it.

 

"Is it still one of your parents stores?" She asked Seohyun. 

 

"Yeah" Seohyun replied. "It would be sorta hard to find a mall building that's not owned by them..." Sooyoung said.

 

The rest of the ride continued smoothly, with small bickers between the girls. 

 

"Whoo! We're here!" Yoona called as they pulled into the parking lot. Taeyeon, on the other hand, frowned. There were a bit too many cars here for her liking. But just as she was about to voice her concerns once again, Seohyun pulled out a baseball hat and mask for Taeyeon.

 

"Just in case." She said as she handed the items to Taeyeon. Although the was the second youngest (Note: Taeyeon is the maknae here XD) she was infinitely more mature and responsible than her unnies. 

 

"I don't look like some creepy theif or stalker with my clothes right?" Taeyeon asked. She was wearing black skinny jeans with an oversized black hoodie and was wearing the baseball cap, had a mask covering and nose, and wore sunglasses. She was tempted to pull the hood of her hoodie over her head, but that would be an overkill.

 

"You look really sketchy.." Hyoyeon answered with a laugh. "But you're with us, five other gorgeous girls, so you'll be okay."

 

Everybody laughed, and Sooyoung pointed out that they had Seohyun with them, so it didn't matter how much they misbehaved. At that, Seohyun protested that she wouldn't use her position if they did something they really shouldn't have.

 

"Just in case, let's rehearse what you'll say if we meet anyone from school." Taeyeon said. "I'll be the school people."

 

"Okay...hey guys! Who is that person with you?" Taeyeon started.

 

"God Taeyeon, no one will recognize you! We're your best friends, and I can hardly recognize you!" Yoona said.

 

"Just in case.."

 

"Okay okay...we'll say how you're our friend from another school and the reason your so creepy and refuse to show your face is becasue your a trainee and can't be seen before debut."

 

"Great...now lets get out of this car before we suffocate!" Yuri grumbled as she quickly hopped out of the car. The others followed her, and they made their way inside the mall. 

 

They first went into some cheaper stores and bought a ton of hoodies, t-shirts, and jeans for Taeyeon. After that, the gang made their way to the hair products section of the mall and asked for tips about Taeyeon's hair.

 

"Okay, so we're done shopping for Taeyeon. Do you want to drop the bags in the car, and then come back to shop for fun?" Seohyun asked. 

 

"Yes pleasee. My arms are dying. You guys didn't have to buy so much." Taeyeon complained.

 

Just as they were exiting the mall, the alarm to the door sounded. Someone was trying to escape the mall and not pay for the items they bought. They looked around, and saw a group of friends also freeze there, waiting for security to come.

 

Taeyeon didn't recognize the group of girls, but she was panicking. Obviously the security would pinpoint her as the culprit because she was covering her body and face with dark clothing. 

 

Sensing that she was uneasy, Yoona patted Taeyeons back and whispered, "Don't worry, we didn't do anything wrong so they'll find out it's the other group of people." Taeyeon gave her a smile, and whispered back to the whole group. "Should I just take off the hoodie, mask, glasses, and cap? I think I'm wearing a plain shirt inside, it'll look less suspicous."

 

They gave her nods of confirmation. Taeyeon was about to remove her disguise when suddenly, she noticed a group of people walking to them. And that group of people were Sistar and Kara. Taeyeon mentally cursed, and quickly informed her friends. They turned to look at Sistat and Kara, who, by now, were obviously making their way to GG. 

 

"Hey!" Tiffany called.

 

Sooyoung, Yoona, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Seohyun just gave her a small smile.

 

"Is Taeyeon with you guys? And who's that masked person with y'all?" Jessica asked.

 

Seohyun was the first to respond. "Oh, she's just a - "

 

Before Seohyun could finish her sentence, the security guards arrived. They asked who was at the door at the time of the alarm, and both groups of girls raised their hands. Kara and Sistar backed up, confused. 

 

The gurads proceeded to say, "OK, drop your bags, we'll scan all of your purchases, look for reciepts etc." They were about to start with the other group first, before noticing Taeyeon. 

 

"You! Why are you wearing all that?"

 

Taeyeon gulped, and suddenly couldn't talk, so Yuri answered for her. "She doesn't have to take it off. "

 

"But this is a search right now, and using our authority, we require you to take off that mask, sunglasses, and hat."

 

Taeyeon looked at the security guards, and seeing no other choice, started to take off the garments that were covering her face. She was thankful that she had put on a decent amount of makeup a home, fearing a situation like this situation would occur. Once she was free of her mask and everything else, everyone was shocked. They expected an ugly person behind mask, becasue why else would she hide her face with such pretty friends? However, they were greeted by a really pretty and cute face.

 

One of the girls from the other group of suspects gasped, and said "Omo! You-you look like the Kim siblings!" 

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened and she immeadiatly made a face, and said "I get that a lot, but I guess...thanks?"

 

The girls eyes dimmed and muttered something about when they would actually be able to meet the third Kim sibling. Her friends nodded in agreement.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, found herself staring at Taeyeon. She reminded her of someone, but she couldn't quite place who it was, so she brushed it off. Taeyeon on the other hand, noticed that someone was staring at her, and glanced at Jessica, pretending she didn't care. Jessica, however, saw the glance and felt her face heating up for no reason. Was she seriously blushing because of a stranger?

 

Tiffany noticed Jessica's blush, and nudged her. "Got a crush now? That girl is seriously gorgeous and cute though...I can see where you're coming from."

 

The gurads recovered from the visual shock, but still made their way to Taeyeon. After all, she did look sketchy before. But before they could reach her, Seohyun stepped between the guards and Taeyeon. 

 

"I would just like to say we definently are not the people that you are looking for. I suggest you search the other party first, to save time."

 

The guards looked at her, and one of them scoffed and asked, "How do we know you're telling the truth? For all we know, you're just trying to protect your friend over there."

 

At that, Seohyun pulled out a card. The guards looked at it, and their eyes widened. They quickly stepped away from Seohyun and gave her a bow. "W-we're sorry Ms. Seo. We didn't know.."

 

Seohyun just gave them a quick smile, and left everyone else wondering what she did to made the guards back up so quickly.

 

Yoona saw that Taeyeon was about to go back in disguise and stopped her by snatching the items out of her hand. Taeyeon quickly took it back, and they continued like that for a few seconds. Seeing that Taeyeon was being stubborn, Yoona whispered into Taeyeons ear the reasons and Taeyeon relented.

 

A few steps away, Sistar and Kara were talking to the rest of GG. Jessica and Tiffany however, were looking at Taeyeon and Yoona's interactions. "Do you think they're dating..?" Jessica asked, trying to make it sound like she didn't care. "I have no idea...lets go and talk to them" Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon and Yoona were fooling around when they heard footsteps coming. Taeyeon looked to her left and saw Jessica and Tiffany standing there.

 

"You're from ou- my school, right?" Yoona asked

 

"Yeah we are" Tiffany responded. "I'm Tiffany and this is Jessica. Just asking...but does she go to our school?"

 

Yoona chuckled. "..uh..Jiyeon? No, she doesn't."

 

"Oh.." Jessica said, sounding slightly dissapointed.

 

The four talked for a bit untill Tiffant felt comfortable enough to pop the question she and Jessica came for.

 

"I'm not trying to be rude, but are you two dating by any chance?" 

 

Taeyeon and Yoona turned towards each other and smiled. Yoona was about to answer when Taeyeon cut her off and answered with a firm, "Yes, we actually are." Yoona looked at her with wide eyes, and laughed it off. "Haa I didn't expect you to be so open about it...babe.."

 

Taeyeon forced a little smile, and started to look at Jeti's reaction. Why would they ask such a personal question for no particular reason? When she decided she had found her answer, she called the rest of the girls.

 

"Guys, it's getting late, we should head home now" Taeyeon said while holding Yoona's hand.

 

The rest of her friends turned to Yoona and her, looking a bit confused about their hands. Taeyeon gave them a look that said "Go with it". Thankfully they understood. and Sooyoung said,

 

"Looks like the lovebirds want to go now!"

 

They said their goodbyes and quickly made their way to the car.

 

"What was that??" Yuri asked.

 

"Ah, I was just looking to see your Jeti's reaction to me being in a "relationship"."

 

"And what did you find?"

 

Taeyeon smirked "If I'm not wrong, and I don't want to sound arrogant, but all of the signs lead to the fact that they slightly..like me..."

 

 

 

----------

Merry Christmas everyone!

I wrote this in a rush to get it in for Christmas (At least for where I'm from), so sorry if it's choppier than usual or has mistakes!

Also, expect a good amount of Yoontae and some Sootae interactions, because they happen to be two of my favorite soshi OTPs :)

Thanks for reading!