006

Double Heartbreak

 

 "Eh?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"Yeah, I got the same feeling. They were asking personal questions about Taeyeon in our first meeting...isn't that weird?" Yoona added.

 

"Well then this is perfect! We can even get Kara back by making Jeti fall in love with Tae and then Taeyeon breaking their hearts!" Sooyoung exclaimed. The rest of her friends, however, didn't seem to be on the same page as her.

 

"Err first of all Soo, I have to stay hidden, and second of all, reversing their prank on them would be a bit too harsh.." Taeyeon said.

 

At the mention of Taeyeon having to stay hidden, Sooyoung ranted "Gahh...I really hate SM right now..just because you're probably going to be the next big thing doesn't mean you have to live like this!"

 

Taeyeon's siblings, Kim Jiwoong and Kim Hayeon were the most popular members of the two biggest kpop groups at the time. Their siblingship was also extremely popular, and they had several songs together, which all sold extremely well. The public found out that their parents were none other than two of the most successful bussiness people in Korea and the world, Mrs. and Mr. Kim. That only solified their positions in the industry, and the two became extremely respected.

 

After a few years into their careers, it was revealed that they had a younger sibling who still remasins a mystery. That person happens to be Kim Taeyeon. It was rumoured that the third sibling was really pretty and had a great voice, and those rumours were all true. SM knew that Taeyeon would become the next big thing, so they had her siblings mention her a bit in some interviews to draw attention to her. However, SM knew that the more mystery surrounding Taeyeon, the more hyped her debut would be, so they tried trier best to make sure Taeyeon was unknown to the public.

 

To make sure of that, Taeyeon proposed the plan she is now acting under: Put on light makeup to make herself uglier, wear ungly clothes, and hide her face in public. SM agreed, but her parents, siblings, and friends all didn't like the idea becasue Taeyeon wouldn't be able to enjoy herself when she should be. 

 

Becasue of their reluctance, SM agreed to have Taeyeon hide herself at school for the first semester as being a freshman in high school. After that, they would "leak" a clip of a close up shot of Taeyeon singing. After that, they still required Taeyeon to wear sunglasses or a hat around, but at school, she could dress however she likes. But before the clip gets revealed, they wanted Jiwoong and Hayeon to mention and praise Taeyeon on television to build even more hype. SM planned that the Kim siblings would have another album at around Thanksgiving, and in the 'Thank you' part of the album, reveal Taeyeon's name.

 

Right now, it was Jiwoongs promotional period for his groups new song, and in a month, Hayeons group would also comeback. Jiwoong had already mentioned his sister multiple times, and the tatic seemed to be working.

 

Just a few minutes ago in the mall, the group of girls had mentioned how much she anticipated the revelation of the third sibling. Taeyeon didn't like how she was basically using her siblings for her fame, but they didn't seem to mind talking about their beloved sister.

 

Going back to the conversation, Taeyeon replied "At least this whole thing's going to end soon!"

 

"And then we won't have to be in awkward situations like that again!" Yuri added.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, "It wasn't that bad.."

 

"Hey! It was..we had to talk to Kara "happily" when they're after our best friend and our crown."

 

"Hmm well then get used to it. They'll probably be clinging to you guys all the time."

 

All the passengers in the car groaned. They probably wouldn't have minded much if they didn't find out about the bet, but they did. It'd be safe to say having the Queens on Soshi High against you isn't the best thing that could happen to you.

 

---------

Right after the girls arrived back home, Taeyeon switched the TV on. 

 

"There's some concert today. Hayeon and Jiwoong will be there...anyone want to watch?" she asked.

 

"Sure. But why isn't there any decent food in your kitchen?" Sooyoung complained.

 

"Should there be? It's my home...not yours." Taeyeon retorted.

 

"It's basically our house considering how much time we spend here.."

 

Taeyeon and Yoona were basically neighbors, and their houses were also the closest to Soshi High and other places, so the girls usually spent most of their time at those two houses. The house Yoona's parents usually spent their time in is at a place close to the headquarters of their company, which is about an hours drive away, so her parents bought her a mansion close to Taeyeon's house and her school. Taeyeon's parents also weren't home often, and had other houses around the country, and basically gave the house to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon's mansion was bigger than Yoona's, and the house was a place where the girls hung out since childhood, so GG spent their time there more often than at Yoona's place.

 

The six of them met when they were still in elementary school because their parents decided to collaborate with one another, since all of their business endeavors were different from one another. Since then, they've become extremely close to each other.

 

"It's starting!" Taeyeon yelled "Just grab something to eat, or you'll miss it!"

 

"Ok, ok, I'm coming" Sooyoung called back as she joined the others.

 

"Welcome, fans, to this special concert! We have several idol groups here today, are you exited?!"

The fans screamed.

"Alright! We'll start off with backstage interviews with each of our idol groups here today!"

The screen showed the MC going to the first waiting room.

Screams erupted, as it was the room Pink Girls and Big Blast were sharing.

"Hello!" MC greeted.

Both groups bowed back at him, and the MC proceeded.

"You're the biggest groups of tonight, any special stages for the fans?"

The camera focused on Jiwoong, and the fans cheered.

"Actually, yes. Hayeon-sshi and I will be singing one of our duets tonight."

Hayeon nodded and added, "Please look foward to it!"

The MC looked at his cue cards, and asked the question SM had paid the entertainment company to ask,

"A duet is nice, but can we be looking forward to a Kim siblings trio performance soon?"

The fans outside cheered loudly once they heard the question.

"Ah, with our sister?" Hayeon asked teasingly

"Yeah, I we'll be able to see her soon. She'll definently raise our average vocal talent and looks!" Jiwoong said jokingly

 

"Wow, I'm seriously hyped for her debut!" Yuri said teasingly "I would totally stan her!"

 

"I know right! She has to be the best idol we'll ever see, with siblings like that." Hyoyeon added, while leaning on Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"Yah, don't put your popcorn stained hands on my pants Kim!" Taeyeon grumbled as she leaned towards Seohyun, who was on the other side  of her.

 

"Ahh guys you're too heavy!" Seohyun complained. She had the weight of Hyoyeon and Taeyeon on her shoulder now.

 

Hyoyeon removed herself from Taeyeon once she heard that, but Taeyeon continued to lean onto poor Seohyun.

 

"Nope! Your shoulder's too comfy!" Taeyeon said as she continued watching the show.

 

The MC asked a few other questions to the group, and then moved on to other waiting rooms. Soon the video was over, and the spotlight shined on the MC again.

 

"Are you ready for the first live performance now?"

"YESSS!!!" The crowd roared. 

"Alright! First performance of the night is hot rookie boy group HAVE7!"

 

In the middle of the performance, Sooyoung noticed something.

 

"Guys, look! Didn't that look like Kara?"

 

"Mmm..didn't see it" Taeyeon answered.

 

"Wah, I think I saw them too. Some of them had Pink Girls light sticks and some had Big Blasts light sticks." Seohyun answered.

 

"Huh, really..." Taeyeon answered "I guess we'll have to look at the videos on Youtube afterwards to confirm."

 

---------

 

Meanwhile, at the concert venue, Kara was sitting there, enjoying the concert.

 

The screens were currently showing the backstage interviews

 

"A duet is nice, but can we be looking forward to a Kim siblings trio performance soon?" The MC asked

 

Kara cheered loudly once they heard that. Jessica and Tiffany were avid fans on the Pink Girls, while the rest were fans of Big Blast. Since they were all huge fans of the current Kim siblings, they heard a lot of rumours about the third sibling, and couldn't wait for her debut.

 

Jessica especially, heard the most about the third sibling since she was a trainee at SM. She had heard plenty of rumours about the mystery girl from her fellow trainees, but nobody had met her before, except for Sunny, the CEO's niece, but she refused to say anything about the girl.

 

"Ah, with our sister?" Hayeon asked teasingly

"Yeah, we'll be able to see her soon. She'll definently raise our average vocal talent and looks!" Jiwoong added jokingly

 

Jessica couldn't help but feel jealous of the girl. The third sibling was obviously going to be SM's favorite, and promoted the most out of her group. Jessica had trained for a few years already, and worked her off, but this other girl was already slated for debut without even stepping into the SM training rooms before. What if the girl really wasn't all talented or pretty, and was lazy? She would still be the precious child of SM because of her siblings, and Jessica was slightly bitter over that, even if she was hyped for the girls debut.

 

"Hey, what's with that face?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Is it that girl from the mall again?"

 

"What? No! Why are you even mentioning her so much?  Do you...happen to like her or something?" Jessica asked curiosly.

 

"Mhmm..I don't think so." Tiffany paused for a moment and added, "But who knows?"

 

"BUT. That's not the main point here. What's bothering you? And don't you dare say nothing...I know you better than that Jessi."

 

Jessica didn't want to tell her friend, but when she saw the look on Tiffany's face, she relented "Ehh, well it's about that third Kim sibling.." Jessica confessed.

 

"What about her?"

 

"It seems like she doesn't do anything...she's just riding off the fame of Jiwoong and Hayeon. And nobody has even seen her except for Sunny. What's so special about her that we can't even meet her? Or is she so arrogant that she doesn't even want to meet the other trainees?"

 

"..Uh..you shouldn't judge so fast. Meet her first, then see if she's really all that good."

 

Jessica scoffed. "And when's that going to happen? When SM finally announces the members of the new girl group?"

 

"Nah..I'm sure it'll sooner than that. You really want to see her, so I'm sure you'll be able to. After all, where there's a will, there's a way."

 
 

 

---------

Another update!

Hopefully you've found the reason Taeng has to hide, and some background info about the girls.

And yeah, my substitute group names are weird lol, but I didn't have any other ideas XD

 

A big thanks to everyone that has subscribed, voted and commented!