Chapter 8

The Game that Separates Me from You

A/N I’ll be putting intervals into the chapter or chapters to better explain Woohyun and Seungyeol’s crimes because I had question about both of those. Soon, I’ll introduce Myungsoo’s crime also. Woohyun’s is pretty long because I wanted to include everything. I felt bad writing his crime but it needed to be detailed. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

P.S I don’t know why but my woogyu writing hard. Sorry.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Seungyeol…” I whispered out as I still stared at him. I silently begged him to open his eyes. I picked up his hand and held it close to me.

“Seungyeol, I love you too.” I said but he probably didn’t hear me.

 

He laid in a bed of the jail hospital and they were soon going to send him to an actual hospital once the ambulance arrived. Another hospital would come and take Sungjong away, deeming him mentally ill. Taemin had wrestled him to the ground and he suffered a nose bleed and a slight cut to his wrist in the process. He and two other doctors gave Sungjong a sedative. He now peacefully lay on a bed across from Seungyeol.

 

I didn’t understand why it had to happen like this. I didn’t understand why Sungjong had to do this or why Seungyeol had to end up like this.

 

Even though Seungyeol was clearly hurt, a black eye and bruised lip and a cut above his eyebrow lying unconscious, I didn’t want him to leave me. Though very selfish of me, I couldn’t help but feel that way. I wished he come back soon enough so I could tell him how I felt before it was too late. Before I left before he could come back.

 

I sighed to myself and an officer came behind my back. “The ambulance is here.” I nodded and the paramedic workers came inside to take Seungyeol away on a stretcher. I watched as he rolled out the door and I followed behind but was soon told to stop as we were getting closer to the front of the jail. I was told to go back and I did. I walked all the way back to the doors leading to the cell and an officer opened them. I walked all the way back to my cell and the bars opened. Once inside, I climbed into my bunk and pulled the cover over my head.

 

“Seungyeol, I’ll tell you like this if I don’t make it. I love you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shoved out of the police car and stumbled as I tried to regain my balance. My eyes burned from the tears and my head was a throbbing mess.

 

A hand was wrapped around my arm and I was forcefully pulled into the station. I was led to a room with a table and a camera in the corner of the room.

 

“Sit down.” I was told and I did immediately not wanting to anger anyone. The officer left and soon another one came in.

 

“I’m Detective Min Yoongi. I’ll make it simple. Did you do it?”

“E-excuse me?”

“Did you kill them?”

 

My mind started to blur at the question. Did I kill them? No, there was someone there…I think. No, I’m positive there was.

 

“I didn’t do it!” I blurted out.

“Kay, so why aren’t you dead?” He asked me.

“I-I don’t know. But there was someone there, I really didn’t do it. He got Mihyun. He r- her. There must be or something! Check the camera in the classroom!”

 

Yoongi looked to me with a confused expression and shook his head. “What are you saying? There is no camera in that classroom. We can’t be sure on the just yet, it’s at the lab.”

 

I was confused. Utterly confused. Put in a state of extreme shock.

“What? Mine? No, how is it mine?” It doesn’t make sense.

 

“Seungyeol, what happened?” Yoongi said still staring at me.

“I don’t know! I fell asleep and woke up and, and this happened!”

Yoongi stood up with his chair and walked to my side of the table. He placed it beside me and leaned in. “Are you lying?” I immediately shot up and shook my head.

 

Yoongi stood up also and just nodded. “Okay, call your parents or guardians and I’ll have a talk with them. For right now, you’ll have to stay here.”

 

“Why? Can’t I go home?”

“No, right now you are a convicted criminal.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I woke up beside Dongwoo and the bars were opened already. I crawled out of bed and wasn’t too worried about waking him because he was such a heavy sleeper. I walked down the hallways of the cells and was headed for the cafeteria when I saw a certain hamster walk in my direction. I immediately turned around but he caught me by a hand.

 

“Woohyun, I’m sorry.”

“No, you pissed me off.” I said as I shook my arm free.

“Wait, I’m really sorry.”

I ignored him but he was really persistent. I finally turned around and asked with a firm question. “What?”

 

“Forgive me. Please. I know it’s a sore spot for you and I have no idea why I did that. I’m so sorry Woohyun.”

I kind of felt bad but I was still really upset. “But if you knew, you won’t have even thought about saying it. I hated it so damn much Sunggyu.”

 

Sunggyu walked forward and slowly put his arms around me pulling me closer with every second. “I’m sorry, Woohyun. I love you and I don’t like seeing you mad at me. I won’t ever treat you how they did. Okay?”

 

He released me from the hug and stared at me waiting for me to say something. “Okay, I forgive. I’m sorry. Just…hold me tight, and don’t let go.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Get up, you piece of .” A voice sat above me as I flew onto the ground. The owner of the voice picked me up by my collar and threw me back down. I immediately sat back up and sat in the kneeling position. I was kicked in the side and I fell over but I got back into the position.

 

“Oh, you must really die huh?” The voice said. “I can’t stand faggots like you, little s trying to ruin the world.”

 

“Yes, I was wrong.” I received a blow to the face. “Did I say to talk?!”

I shook my head and returned the kneeling position. “Go to your room.”

“Yes, father.” I said as I stood up and headed towards the stairs. My legs screamed as I walked up the stairs but I was destined on making it there.

 

I arrived and sat in a corner farthest away from the door. I soon laid down and tried to become comfortable. I no longer had a bed anymore because “faggots don’t deserve them.”

Yes, I’m a . A total disgrace to this world.

 

The door opened and a stream of light entered. “Are you okay?” A voice asked, a soft one.

“No.” I said quietly and straightened myself out. The dark silhouette closed the door and came near me. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I can’t protect you.”

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”

 

“It is. I should’ve been more careful.” I shook my head but he probably didn’t see it. He probably didn’t see the tears forming in my eyes either.

 

“It’s my fault. I should’ve just changed it once I knew. I can’t now.” I said hugging my knees to my chest. “I tried but…”

 

 

 

I always knew my dad was homophobic but I didn’t know it was too this extent. I found out when I started high school.  All of my friends were getting girlfriends and I wanted one to but I just wasn’t interested. Well, I wasn’t until Kim Kibum transferred to our school. He was so cool and so amazing. I quickly befriended him and our friendship grew to something more. I told my brother and he accepted it but his only concern was our father. I said I’ll wait until I graduate and tell him but that didn’t last long. He saw it on my brother’s phone when he accidentally left it on at the table. My life has been a living hell since and I couldn’t see Kibum anymore. I didn’t want to put him in danger and he took it hard. I probably broke his heart. I graduated last year and I can’t leave. I’ve been locked inside for almost a year now. My only source of life is my brother but he can only do so much but I’m grateful. Very.

 

“Woohyun, I have to go now but I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, tomorrow.”

 

The door opened and closed and the silhouette disappeared. I laid down once again and closed my eyes.

 

I woke up to the sound of raindrops falling but it wasn’t heavy, just a drizzle. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and I heard a call. “Hey, . Come here.” A voice called. It wasn’t my father’s though.

 

I’m known as , not Woohyun.

 

I slowly opened my door and made my way downstairs. My back was killing me from sleeping on the hardwood floor.

 

I reached the bottom of the stairs and saw my mother standing near a man and woman I’ve never seen. My father walked out of the kitchen and pointed towards me.

“That one.” He said. My mother looked at me with full hatred and muttered, “This should make you become a real man.”

 

I was confused. What did she mean “real man?” I should ‘a saw it coming. The man grabbed my wrist and dragged me upstairs. I didn’t want to go with him so I tried to stop him but his grip tightened. The lady grabbed my legs and I kept kicking. “Stop being a .” She said as she held my ankles together.

 

“No! Stop! Let me go!” I yelled but they didn’t. I looked to my parents and they just stood there, smirking.

 

I was pulled into my own room and thrown to the floor. I tried to get to the door but I was grabbed and the lady locked the door. The man grabbed my legs and tied them together and did the same with my hands.

 

I squirmed but was kicked in the stomach and that ceased all my movement. I had enough pain and bruises there.

 

He soon just held me down and the lady removed my shirt. Then, I had a feeling of what was soon to happen. Next came my pants and I was left nearly in my boxers.

 

I growing terrified by the moment and I didn’t want this. My boxers were pulled off too and I laid in front of these two strangers.

 

The women smiled at me and she too removed her clothes. Outside, the rain started to fall heavier.

 

The women was now fully and she stood above me. She sat on my stomach and then began to me. It should’ve felt good right? It felt terrible. It felt weird because I’m a .

 

“Why so quiet?” She asked and I didn’t answer. She became irritated and smacked me. “I asked you a question.”

“I don’t like it.” I said honestly.

 

“Oh, too bad.” She said and positioned herself above my member. She sat down fully and started to move up and down. She was but I stayed quiet. I wasn’t enjoying this.

 

“Please, stop.” I cried out and she only moved faster. I soon came inside her and got off. I started to cry knowing my ity was taking and I couldn’t even enjoy it. The man was standing in a corner of the room watching.

 

She sat in front of my face then soon placed her above my mouth. “.” She commanded. I didn’t. She got up and walked to the man. “Alex, it’s not working.” She said.

 

“Kay, Minah.” Alex said and started to undo his belt.  I sat up and started to away but I hit the wall. Alex fully removed his pants and boxers and stood before me.

 

“Don’t do this please.” I begged. He grabbed my leg and faced me on my backside. My was waving high in the air. “Ready?” He asked but I couldn’t answer. He rammed inside of me and my whole bottom went numb. His movements were fast and precise and I was slowly dying. Liquid started to leak out and I heard Alex laughing.

 

I started to cry and scream but the girl, Minah, soon took my shirt and stuffed it in my mouth so it was just muffled nonsense. This went on for about 15 more minutes when Alex pulled out and got dressed again. Minah did the same I laid there. They undid my ties but I still laid there and hurting.

 

They left but an hour passed and another did and I finally got up. I limped to my clothes and slowly put them up when I heard a call. “. You still up there? You even alive?” Was asked that was followed by laughing.

 

I looked out the window and it was still raining. I walked out the door and to the kitchen. “Is that you ?” My father called from the living room. “Yes, father.” I answered. I opened the silverware drawer and picked up a knife.

 

“Well, come here.” I obeyed his order and walked to the living room while hiding the knife. “How was it?” He asked.

“I didn’t like it, father.” He laughed. “That’s what you get for a being a .” My mother laughed.

 

“Father, I’m sorry.” He nodded. “You better be sorry for being a goddamn .”

I shook my head. “No.” I took two steps and with a flick of my wrist I cut my father’s cheek. He got up and walked towards me but I ran at him and lodged the knife into his stomach. He doubled over and fell. My mother stood up and ran towards the stairs and I ran after her and she fell. I sat on her and she tried push me up but I gripped my hands tightly around her neck and my tears started to fall.

 

“Mom, forgive me. I’m sorry.” I said as she slowly stopped moving. I stood up and walked to my father where he was trying to crawl away. I grabbed the knife from the floor and stood above him.

 

“You .” He breathed out as I held the knife with both hands and with all my might rammed it into his chest.

 

“Die. Die. Die.” I repeated as I continuously stabbed him all over his torso. Blood flew onto my clothes and face and it mixed with my tears.

 

When I decided he would be dead, I dropped the knife and stood up. I walked to the phone and dialed Boohyun’s number. “Hyung, I’m not going to be home okay? Don’t come home.”

“Why? Woohyun, are they kicking you out? It’s okay I’ll be home.”

“No. Boohyun, don’t come. Please don’t come.”

“Woohyun, what’s wrong? What happened?”

I was still crying. “Nothing. Don’t come home. I have to go now.”

“No! Woohyun wa-“I hung up.

 

I looked towards my father’s body then looked at my hands. They were covered in blood. I wiped the tears from my face and smeared blood on my face at the same time.

 

I walked to the front door and opened it. I walked out and breathed in the air from outside. I haven’t smelled it in a long time.

 

I stepped off the porch and walked down the sidewalk, it was still raining. As I was getting closer to the busy part of the town, people started staring. I was barefoot, limping, and bloody.

 

A lady rushed over to me and out her umbrella over me. “Young man, are you okay? Do you need a hospital?” I shook my head. “I’m fine.” The lady took my hand and started to walk towards the hospital. “I’m sorry but you do not look fine. I’m taking you to the hospital.”

 

“I’m okay!” I yelled as I pulled my hand away from her. I started to run away but I tripped. The lady ran after me and grabbed my hand again. “I’m f-fine.” I tried to say again. I let her take me to the hospital. I let her take me away.