Chapter 7

The Game that Separates Me from You

I burst open the door and Dr. Lee was soon standing behind me as I saw one officer on the floor and Sungjong above Seungyeol.

 

Seungyeol was on the floor, blood dripping down his face. The other inmate lay on the other side of the room. I dropped to the floor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                ~During the game~

Lee, you first.” Officer Lee said and I nodded, slowly lifting the gun to my head. I felt bad, I never did say bye to Myungsoo, if this was my last time. I glanced up to the officers and Officer Lee had an almost smirk on his face. I guess he just enjoyed the game. Or death.

 

I glanced across from me to the other inmate and noticed he didn’t look right. Sweating, twitching, not mentally right. He looked about ready to burst. I placed my finger on the trigger.

 

“AH!” I heard a yell as I was tackled to the ground and the other inmate laid on top of me. I fell backwards and the gun flew out of my hand.  I hit my head hard on the floor and I just laid there.

 

The officers ran to move the inmate off of him but the inmate moved already. He moved towards the gun. The first officer went after him and Sungjong came towards me. I thought he would help me up but he slammed me against the wall.

 

The other inmate was at the gun and his arm rose up, the gun at his head. Bam! The sound flew around the room and the other officer kneeled over him.

 

Sungjong punched me hard to the face. Twice. Then he threw me back down and I heard the door fly open. At this point, my head was killing me and my vision was blurring so I couldn’t tell who it was.

 

I heard struggling and then a thud. Two bodies were struggling on the floor and another kneeled above me.

 

Are you okay? What happened? You’re not dead, right?

I managed to nod my head.

“N-not…dead.” I breathed out. My chest was hurting now, it was harder to breath.

 

Now I heard more people enter and I was lifted off the ground and carried somewhere. The

Body that knelt above still followed me and I just closed my eyes. Sleeping would fix my headache right? And I closed my eyes.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I laid under my covers for a while now, I’m not sure. Even after Dongwoo came back, I just laid

here. I felt hurt and betrayed. He knew what happened then. Dongwoo came and tried to get me out because the bell had rung but I didn’t move. I just laid there.

 

The bars were starting to close again and Dongwoo came back. Another hour probably. It was pure silence in the cell except for occasional breathing and creaking of bunks.

 

I heard the bottom bunk creak and the sound of feet on the metal. Dongwoo was climbing up the ladder. He got to the top and sat beside me.

 

“I heard you crying last night.” He finally said.

“I’m fine.” I mumbled back.

 

Dongwoo laid down and put an arm over me.

“Did someone talk about it?”

I pulled the covers from over my head and nodded. “He did. I can’t believe it. He said I did it on purpose.”

 

“It’s fine, Woohyun. I understand.” Dongwoo said as he slowly rubbed my back.

“Hyung, can I sleep with you tonight?”

“Sure.” Even though Dongwoo wasn’t that way, he still understood me and didn’t judge it. He helped me. I felt safer.

 

I climbed down and he followed. I climbed towards the wall and Dongwoo followed. Once situated, I got a little bit closer but not too close. My eyes hurt from the crying but I closed them again. “Goodnight, woo.”

“Goodnight, hyung.”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 “Seungyeol, come over here!” Jina called for me with a wave of her hand. “Check this out.” She   said as she turned to face a computer screen. “I made this last night, what do you think?” She told me as a colorful outfit appeared on the screen. A white sundress with dandelions and pink lace on the bottom of it filled the screen.

 

“It looks nice! You never seem to disappoint me.”

Mihyun and Gunwoo soon entered the room with seven coffee cups ready to be handed out. I went ahead and took mine then sat down at the table where Minjae was sitting. “Ready to work?” I asked as I grabbed my coloring pencils and started to work.

 

I started to color in the designs Minjae and Mihyun had drawn when a roll of thunder came around and I snapped my green pencil. I didn’t have any extra so I looked for Lina and Juhyun, they had the extra supplies. “Where are they?” I wonder aloud. Once I said that, they both walked in. “Sorry, there was a traffic jam.” They apologized as they walked in. I just nodded and asked for a green pencil in which they gave to me. I continued to color the designs when I started to feel tired. I slowly started to fall asleep and my head fell to the table.

 

“No! Please help!” I heard a yell and I was confused. I was still groggy from my sleep and my eyes wouldn’t focus. The lights were out and storm started. “No!”

I heard a yell again and I shot up. My eyes finally focused and I let out my own shriek. Minjae laid in front of me bleeding out from a deep gash in his neck. I looked to the corner and Lina was propped against the wall with her head slumped. A gash on her forehead.

 

I headed for the door when another scream shook me. There was another room in the rom I was in so I went to that door and I found Gunwoo hanging from the ceiling with the keyboard cord around his throat, his eyes half lidded. I gagged and tears filled my eyes, I was confused.

 

I tried to run out but I tripped. I looked down and my hands were bloody. My shirt and pants were bloody. I crawled back when I felt something under my shoe. A hand. I freaked out and found Jina underneath the computer table. A smashed and bloody laptop laid in her lap. I heard another scream.

 

I didn’t understand. I didn’t know why everyone was all dead. I didn’t know where the screams were coming from. I headed to the front of the classroom door but the door wouldn’t open. I pulled so hard the knob came off. Another scream sounded off the walls and I turned around. I didn’t see before but the whole room was covered in blood. Splattered on tables and the wall. Windows and the floor. Dead bodies cluttered it.

 

I headed back to the room where Gunwoo was and I opened a cabinet. No one. I opened another and another until I opened one and a body fall out. Juhyun’s. Her limbs were all bent in different ways as if they were all broken. As if someone just snapped then like twigs and stuffed her in there.

 

I backed away and I stumbled into the door to the closet. I opened the door and I found Mihyun laying on the floor with someone on top of her. I stood in shock but when the stranger started to move, I ran. I ran but I was too slow. He caught me by a lock of hair and threw me down. I struggled from his grip and broke free. I ran towards the door and banged on it but no one came. He lunged for me again.

 

I dived put of the way but he caught me by the leg and pulled me towards the room where Gunwoo and Mihyun were. I grabbed a chair along the wait and tried to hold myself on. The chair fell so I twisted my body and threw it as hard as I could. It hit the stranger and I was momentarily let go but he got me once again and threw down again. I hit my head on the floor and the room starting spinning. I was starting to accept my death and just closed my eyes. I thought the stranger would finish me off but I closed my eyes and he disappeared.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and crawled against the wall. I ran my hands through my hair and tugged on the strands letting out a couple of strained cries. My friends are dead and I didn’t see what happened. My head hurt like crazy and I just sat against the wall crying and bloody.

 

I guess I did it for a while when I heard the door open and I loud scream. People came rushing and all were horrified. They soon called police and when they got there, I felt I could get up then. But when I did, I was tackled back to the ground. I felt those putting handcuffs on me and the police shouting to the crowd to back away. I bustled through like a criminal that I was portrayed as being right now and I was taken out of the school and into a police car. I was pushed into the car and there I out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N A little short chapter but hey, Seungyeol didn’t die and I revealed his ‘crime.’ Pretty gruesome huh? I kinda based it off of Deadman Wonderland for those who have seen it. I was out all weekend and I’m sore and a little sick so I just wanted to give you guys this and come back with more. Enjoy further updates!