Chapter 1

The Game that Separates Me from You

The new inmate came while I was asleep. They didn’t tell me or at least wake me up so I could greet the guy. I was awoken by him shaking me violently.

“Wake up. Hello? Wake up!”

I rolled over. “What the hell? Who are you?”

The inmate had a long-ish hair that fell just above one eye and he was very tall. His hands…well they were very pretty for hands.

“I’m Lee Seungyeol. What’s up?” He said extending one hand. I slowly took it and nodded, “I’m Myungsoo.” I returned.

He gave me a wide smile. A gummy one at that.

“You sleep like a log. I could’ve you 6 times before you even felt a thing.”

Whoa, he has a sick sense of humor.

“They were calling for breakfast. I was about to leave you.” Seungyeol told me while walking out of the cell.

“Ah.” I said while quickly getting up to follow him.

We made our way past all the cells where some inmates were still dreaming. Probably of getting out of this place.

As we were about to enter the cafeteria, I heard a noise. Then I heard feet slapping against the cement floor. Then I felt weight around my shoulders as I was thrown against a wall.

I guess Dongwoo finally found me.

“Myungsoo! Hey! You survived again you lucky bastard!”

“Unlucky bastard.” I said reminding him.

Seungyeol looked confused. “Survived what?”

Dongwoo looked up and met Seungyeol’s eyes. “You don’t know? We have to-“I cut him off by quickly putting a hand over his mouth where I breathed into his ear saying, “Surprises are better.” He nodded and put a finger to his lips and gave me a wink.

We continued on walking up to where the lunch line formed and I grabbed a tray. As I walked down the line, I realized that some of this food could kill me faster than the bullet could.

I got a whole tray of it.

We made our way to the table on the left by the window that was cover by boards, little sunlight passing through. Seungyeol followed close behind.

 

As I sat down, I realized something. “Where is Woohyun?” I said turning towards Dongwoo.

He stopped in the middle of lifting his spoon full of rice to his mouth, the only edible thing here. I mean, who can fail rice?

“Sleeping. He threatened to chop my off if I didn’t leave him alone.”

I laughed, that’s so Woohyun.

“Who is Woohyun?” Seungyeol reminded me of his presence.

Dongwoo answered before I could. “A psychotic maniac dickhead that happens to be my roommate. And if I may ask, who are you?”

“Oh. Sorry. I’m Seungyeol, Myungsoo’s new cellmate.”

Dongwoo smiled a wide smile. Wider than usual. “Greetings! I’m Dongwoo!”

Then his face turned serious and his voice turned to a low whisper. “What did you do?”

“Excuse me?”

“What crime did you commit?” I said translating for him.

“Oh. I murdered my ex and her family. 6 people total.”

Dongwoo’s face turned stone and I was shocked. What did that girl do to him?

Seungyeol must have realized our expressions and soon spoke up.

“I’m kidding. Ha-ha! But I really did murder 6 people. They caught me before I could pull my trigger though.”

I knew what that meant. I had attempted it before also.

“You tried to kill yourself?”

“Yeah.”

surprises.

“In this jail, we play Russian roulette. 5 clicks. 1 bullet. Once a week they play with your life.”

I expected him to get scared but I forgot one thing. He tried to do the same thing before.

“Oh. Yeah. Ha. I knew that already.” He said continuing to eat his food.

I was about to ask how he knew when Officer Kim came up asking for Seungyeol.

“Lee. It’s your turn.”

“Okay. I’m ready, let’s go.”

 

 

 

Once I arrived at the door leading to his room down a corridor on the right, I stepped. The door creaked as I closed it.

Another inmate sat across from me smirking. I sat down and looked up to Officer Kim. “Sunggyu” his name tag read.

He put the gun on the table. “One bullet. 5 clicks. Lee, you have to-“

“I know, Officer. I was briefed.”

“Oh, well then you may begin.”

“Thanks.” I picked up the gun and put it to my head with no problem, pulled the trigger. Click.

I slid it across the table and the inmate mimicked my movements. Click.

Once again my turn. I don’t know why but holding the gun excited me. I felt a rush. Click.

Once, the gun finished its journey at the other end of the table. The inmate seemed slower this time and put it to his head. Click.

The gun slid to a stop in front of me and I once again the gun found its way to my head. Click.

Everyone in the room knew what that meant. 5 clicks. Check. One bullet. We were waiting on it.

The inmate looked terrified. It’s funny how he came confident and…well he doesn’t get to leave.

I slid it over but the inmate didn’t move. “Officer Kim, if you would allow me.”

He nodded his head and I made my way over. “Goodbye.” I said with a wave of my hand. Bang! My heart started racing and I felt excited. Happy. I felt a lot of things.

“Lee, you may leave.”

They offered me a napkin but I declined.

“I can do it myself.”

I walked out the room on my own and back to the cafeteria. As I walked over, I saw someone else sitting there.

When I arrived, Dongwoo jumped up shouted, “Yeol! You’re alive!” Aware of this fact, I smiled.

“Ew, you’re bloody.”

“Yeah, I’m aware.”

Then the stranger stood up. “Hey. I’m Woohyun.”

“Hello.”

“You got some guts, man. First game and you aren’t fazed. I guess you got some balls.”

“Uh yeah.” I returned. I couldn’t help but look down at my own and confirm.

Then Officer Lee (Howon) entered.

“Back to your cells! Breakfast is over!”

We made our way back to our cells and when we arrived the bars were starting to close.

I still had blood on my shirt so I took it off. I didn’t see a problem in that.

As Myungsoo turned around, he shouted out. “Yah! You crazy idiot! Put your shirt on!” He looked embarrassed.

“Why? Like what you see?” I said jokily.

“No!” He said and punched my arm.

“Ow! What did I do?” He didn’t answer and just pulled the covers over his head. I climbed up to my bed and did the same.

Little did Seungyeol know but Myungsoo did indeed like what he saw. Very much so.

 

A/N I don’t even know how I feel. It was kinda rushed and I think its okay. Just okay. I didn’t want too much drama so I could introduce more characters and I might put a characters section up. Who am I kidding? I will later tonight. Anyway thanks and enjoy further updates!

 P.s problem with the characters. I don't know how to add additional pictures soo yeah. I'll learn.