Chapter 5

The Game that Separates Me from You

It’s been about two weeks since Woohyun and Sunggyu’s steamy hookup but Woohyun hasn’t spoken to Sunggyu since. Sunggyu hasn’t spoken to Woohyun.

 

“Dongwoo.”

The bunk underneath mine creaked and I heard a call.

“Yeah what?”

 

“If you and someone do something together alone at night and they don’t speak for about…I don’t know two weeks, are they something? Was it just a one night?”

 

“Woohyun.” Dongwoo began. “I know that you and Officer Kim did the nasty while I was ‘asleep’.”

 

I swallowed hard. “We didn’t, honest.”

“Woohyun, good job man.” And he laughed his trademark laugh.

“You and Officer Kim Sunggyu. Hm…what about…Woogyu! Oh my god, this is brilliant.”

 

“Dongwoo, if you don’t shut up right now I swear to god I will cut of your and stuff it up your .”

 

He immediately stopped laughing and muffled an “I’m going to nap.”

 

I smiled to myself at my victory when the door to our cell rattled, creaked, then opened. Officer Kim stood in the doorway.

 

“Nam, it’s you turn.”

 

I nodded and climbed down the bunk to meet the floor. Dongwoo grabbed onto my sleeve and gave me a thumbs up. I gave a sarcastic laugh and shook him off.

 

As I walked out of the cell, officer Kim locked it back.

We started to walk down the hallway.

“Sunggyu, are we something now?”

“If you want us to be.”

“You don’t want to?”

“Your choice.”

I frowned at that.

 

“We don’t speak for two weeks and you say this? What the hell.”

I sped up my walking speed.

 

“Woohyun.”

I kept walking.

“Hey, listen.”

I didn’t answer.

  

He jogged to catch up to me and grabbed my arm. He dragged me into an empty room and locked the door.

 

It felt like Deja-vu.

 

He checked his watch and breathed out.

 

“I have 5 minutes so I’ll say everything then we have to go.

I didn’t speak to you because I’ve been trying to control myself but I can’t help it because I find you so damn attractive and me not being able to touch you is so suffocating. I want to do a lot of things but I could lose my job and you could die so I’m trying to do everything I can. I want you to live. Remember? I slowly going insane so I’ll just do this.” He leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips. Three seconds.

 

“Okay now we have to go like now.”

 

He unlocked the door and we made it to the room just as the other officer was going to call looking for us.

 

I sat down and breathed out.

“Well since you are here, lets began. 5 clicks. 1 bullet. Nam, you first.”

 

“Yep.” I said as I picked up the gun. I looked up to Officer Kim as I placed my hand on the trigger. He stared back at me. Click.

 

I passed the gun over to the other inmate and I looked at Sunggyu again. He leaned against the table with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. The other inmate’s arm rose. Bang!

 

I kept eye contact with Sunggyu and he picked up the gun and called for the doctors. Before he walked out he gave my shoulder a squeeze and I could only stare.

 

Was it that easy? To end someone’s life like that? I haven’t done it in a while. Ever since that day, I never hurt anyone. Sure I threatened sometimes but I never went through with it.

 

“Nam, you may leave.” I stood up and left. I headed straight to my cell where the doors had opened again. I climbed up the bunk and slipped under the covers.

 

“Woohyun, whats wrong?”

“I’m fine Dongwoo.” I lied. I’m not okay right now.

 

 

 

“What do you mean?”

Is he playing stupid right now? I just told him.

 

“I want to live and I think you are why.”

“I still don’t follow.”

 

I backed away from him and paced around the room.

“Ever since I got here, I wanted to just…die. I couldn’t before and they wouldn’t let me unless I died from the game. I wanted that bullet to just end my life for so long now and I now I just don’t want to…die. And I think it’s you.”

 

“Myungsoo, I make you live? But…you can’t die.”

“I don’t know if I can’t or I won’t.”

 

“Myungsoo, do you like me?”

What? Like Seungyeol?

 

“No.”

I didn’t meet his eyes.

 

“You’re lying. Look at me.”

“No.”

 

Seungyeol stepped closer to me.

“Well, actually I like…”

 

“Myungsoo. I have to talk to you.”  A serious looking Sungjong said from the door way.

 

“Oh okay.” I said as I walked out leaving Seungyeol alone in the cell.

“Follow me.” Sungjong said as he walked off and I followed closely behind him.

 

He turned down a long hallway that led to a number of doors. As we passed a door, I felt a slight breeze at my ankles. A little light shone under it.

 

He opened a door and told me to go in. I did and he closed the door.

“Myungsoo, what is your relationship with Seungyeol?”

“Uh, I’m not sure. We are friends.”

“Nothing more.”

I nodded.

 

“Okay. Okay, that’s good.”

 

“Why is it good?”

 

He looked up at me and closed his eyes then opened them again and blurted out something that shocked me.

 

“I like you Myungsoo! The two years we have been friends has made me find you attractive and I just really like you!”

 

“Sorry, I don’t share the same feelings.”

Sungjong looked up and his expression hurt me. I decided not to meet his eyes so I looked down.

 

“Oh, it’s okay.” I heard a sniffle. “Is it because of Seungyeol?”

 

“No. Or maybe. I don’t know myself.”

“That’s why you acted like that? Afraid of blood.”

“I think so.”

 

He laughed but it was a sad laugh. “That’s love you fool.”

“What? Love? How?”

 

“You don’t want to die because Seungyeol told you not to.”

“Oh. That’s why I said that.”

 

“Lets go then.”

I nodded and I followed him out.

 

Even though Sungjong might have seemed okay with it, a piece of his heart broke taking some of his sanity with it.

 

 

 

 

A/N What is happening to this story? I cry for you guys. I’m in the middle of writing a one shot-ish Sulay called, ‘I want to Drive With You.’ Sulay is my second favorite OTP behind Myungyeol so yay Sulay shippers. I hope this story isn’t becoming weird and yes I know that woohyun’s game scene was sooooo short but there is a purpose behind it. Enjoy further update!