Chapter 6

The Game that Separates Me from You

After Sungjong and I had a talk, he brought me back to my dorm. I felt bad that I turned him down but as I turned him down, I realized I had someone I loved. And that someone was my cellmate in prison of all places. I felt like I needed to tell him at least so I quickly said my goodbyes to Sungjong and entered my cell. Sungyeol had gone to sleep. But he was sleeping in his own bunk. I didn’t want to wake him so I just went to sleep.

 

 

 

After I talked with Myungsoo, I headed straight to my brothers office.

“Taemin.” I said as I opened the door. “I did it. I confessed my love.”

 

He stood up and walked to me. “Well? What did he say?”

“He loves his ing cellmate.” I said as I threw myself into a nearby chair.

“Oh. I don’t think you have a chance now then.”

 

“No, I’ll make my chance. I just have to keep chasing after him then. I have to make him love me or destroy all obstacles.”

 

“What does that mean? Sungjong, what are you thinking?”

“Nothing, hyung. I’m calm.”

 

I wasn’t calm. I really felt like I was dying slowly all because of Seungyeol. I don’t hate Myungsoo. Hell, I love him even more if that’s possible but this person is blocking all my chances. He just needs to know when to out.

 

“I think I’ll feel better in a bit. I just need to do something.”

“Hey, wait a minute Sungjong. Don’t do it. I won’t cover for you.”

 

I started to rise from my seat and shook my head to reassure him.

“It’s okay, I won’t. Promise.” I said as I slowly crossed my fingers.

He didn’t see it and Taemin’s face seemed to relax.

 

“Okay, I believe you.”

“Thank you.” I said with a fake smile.

 

I looked at my watch as I saw that it was time to get the next “victim.” I was excited for this one.

“Bye.” I said and I left with that.

 

 

 

 

Sunggy once again appeared outside my cell trying to summon me. I responded the first time without much care because Dongwoo wasn’t in the cell.

 

“I actually was going to look for you. We need to talk.”

 

We returned to where we usually have these “talks” and I started first this time.

“I don’t want you ‘saving’ me or whatever it is because it doesn’t feel right. I don’t like to think of people dying because of, well, me.”

 

“What?” He asked confused.

“Don’t kill them. Don’t manipulate the bullet. Don’t take their life like that.”

“But you killed them before playing it.”

 

“I have not!” I felt offended. “It was stupid luck that made me live. Not help or a savior as you seem to want to be. I haven’t done that.”

 

“But you did kill.” What the .

“Shut up.”

“You did kill them. You with your own hands.” Why is he…

“You know damn well I had to. You know I wasn’t in my right mind. I want to forget it so don’t you dare talk about this.”

“How can you forget if you killed your family?”

 

I snapped. I lost it, again.

 

“What do you think this accomplishes?! What that accomplished?! Why I did it?! Do you know if I didn’t?! I would be dead! And you know it!” I cried out as hit him.

 

I didn’t know but tears rolled down my cheeks.

“I should’ve put up with it huh? Try getting beat up every day because I was ‘wrong.’ Try getting to ‘cure’ my homouality. Try being shunned by your family because you’re ‘rotten.’ You would’ve done the same and you damn well know it.”

I laughed.

 

“I getting treated better here than I did there. I have a chance of dying every week here. I had an almost guaranteed chance of dying everyday there. Even though I’m a prisoner here, I felt more like one in my own home. And I sit here having you say I killed.” I yelled as I opened the door and walked out, slamming it in the process.

 

Yes I killed but I don’t want to anymore. I didn’t kill to kill. I killed so I could survive. And, I did survive.

 

I heard a voice call for me but I just kept walking away.

 

 

 

 

I walked towards cell 253 and stopped in front of it. I opened up the door and Seungyeol immediately woke up.

 

“Oh, Officer Lee. Hi.” He said while rubbing his eyes.

“Seungyeol, it’s your turn.”

“Okay, hold on.” He said as he climbed down.

 

Before he followed me out, he stopped in front of Myungsoo.

He shook Myungsoo a few times but he didn’t wake up so he just whispered something in his ear and followed me. I didn’t care about it so I just moved quickly. I wanted to get it done already.

 

We walked down the corridor again and entered the same room. Seungyeol sat down at the table and I loaded the gun.

The other inmate along with the other officer walked in and I set the gun on the table.

“Ready?” I asked and all nodded.

 

“Okay, Lee you first.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sat in Officer Lee’s office across from him. He looked back at me and finally broke the silence.

“Dongwoo, do you want to see your sister?”

I was confused at first, a joke was being played.

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m going to let you see your sister.”

 

I was shocked. I haven’t seen her since I got here, since that day in court.

“Really? When?”

“Soon. I already called her and she agreed. Any minute now.”

 

I settled more into the chair trying to contain my happiness. She was the only family I had. We only had each other so for me to leave her hurt her. It hurt me.

 

“Officer Lee, thank you. A lot.”

“Call me Howon. And no problem, you deserve it.”

As we were saying that, the door opened and I heard her. I heard here voice again.

 

“Oppa!” She said as she ran to me. I ran to her and we caught each other in a hug. “Hyemi.” I choked out trying to hold back tears as my grip around her tightened.

We slowly let go and I just looked at her. I looked everywhere making sure she was okay and not hurt.

 

“Are you okay? Nothing happened right? Where are you staying? Do you eat well?”

I asked her everything I needed to know.

 

“I’m fine, oppa. No one came back and I’m staying with a friend. Her mom owns a restaurant so I eat fine. How are you? It’s fine right?”

 

“I’m fine. I’m more worried about you.” I said as I hugged her once more.

“I’ll be safe okay?”

 

“But why couldn’t I visit before? This officer had to call me.” She said as she pointed towards Howon.

 

Because this jail is for super criminals that pose a threat to humanity and they try to kill us every week. That’s why. I wanted say that but she would freak out and she doesn’t need to do that.

 

“They don’t really like doing that but only for special people. And you’re special.”

She laughed and wiped her tears and I just smiled. It was good to see her again.

 

“I’ll just stand outside. If you want to talk by yourselves, I’ll let you.” I said as I closed the door behind me.

 

 

 

 

I was shaken awake as I heard someone calling out my name. I opened my eyes shocked to see the jail’s main doctor’s worried face in front of mine.

 

“Dr. Lee, what’s wrong?”

“Where is Seungyeol?”

 

“Isn’t he sleeping?” I said as I looked up towards his bed only to find it empty. “Why are you wondering though?”

 

“You need to find him right now.” I was confused. “Why?”

“Sungjong confessed to you right?” I nodded.

“Well he isn’t well and he loses his mind a bit when people don’t accept him, and he does things. I’m sorry Myungsoo. He told me he wouldn’t but I can’t believe him now. I always covered for him to be a good hyung but I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry but you need to find Seungyeol.”

 

“What do you mean he ‘does things’?” I was still confused and Taemin’s explanation wasn’t working.

“He kills people Myungsoo! He doesn’t need this, he needs a hospital but they always say nothing is wrong with him! Seungyeol is in danger right now!”

 

I tried to think of where he could be when he I remembered. As I was sleeping, I heard voices. They were muffled but one of the voices I heard clearly.

 

I’m going to play okay? I’ll tell you like this if I don’t return. See you, Myungsoo. And…I like you.

 

“Oh my god!” I yelled out as I jumped up and started running down the halls.  Taemin was after me.

 

“Where is he?! Myungsoo!”

“He’s playing!”

“What?”

“The game! He’s playing the game, oh my god!”

 

At that, Taemin immediately put his badge on the door pad and the doors opened and I ran through them and down the corridor. I almost to the room on the right when I heard a gunshot.

 

Bam!

 

My legs starting picking up speed and I burst open the door to the room on the right that’s down the corridor.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Okay drama! My one shot is complete so i will upload that. The story is still interesting right? Do you guys still like it? I don’t know but share your opinions, good or bad. And I know it’s kind of sloppy but I rushed to give it to you guys. So I’ll update more and enjoy further updates!