CHAPTER 7

Silver Lining

Dongwoo was enthusiastically participating in all the programs. Today is the day when they were about to go to the site.

Hoya , Dongwoo , Ken, Hongbin and Ravi were in one team which headed towards the south part of the city.

Sunggyu, Woohyun, Doojoon, Bambam and Jr. headed towards the north zone.

Sungjong, Minwoo, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Jongmin left for the eastern region.

Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Jungkook, V and Suga began their journey to the west.

 

All the families bid them goodbye and wished them good luck on their trip and prayed to return safely.

 

Dongwoo’s group:

Hoya never felt compatible around Dongwoo since they were of complete opposite nature. So, he avoided him as much as possible.

When they reached the site, they saw how much destruction was made. It’s more then what the TV has shown. People were forced to live in the open area. They could not get proper place to live , proper food to eat. The situation was miserable. Seeing their faces, all of the team felt so bad. When they distributed the package they had brought for them containing blankets, foods, medicines and other necessities, they blessed them so much.

While he was busy reading the misery in each person’s face, out of nowhere there appeared Dongwoo with lots of kids trailing around.

“Okay kids, listen the one winning this round will get a big chocolate. So, pay attention to the simple rules …”

The kids were jumping in excitement and they were having fun to compete each other for the reward. Seeing their smiling faces, the parents too became very happy. The adults could understand the situation but the children, they were getting bored and have the hardest time.

Awaking Hoya from his thought, an elderly woman asked Hoya, “The children were missing their school. This lad made the smile return to the kids’ face even though for a little while. Who is he?”

“Um…his name is Jang Dongwoo.” Hoya told scratching his non itchy head.

Other elderly were also gathered there. One of them spoke, “He is such a happy virus. People like him are needed more in our society so that people can find joy in this time of despair. The people who he has around are so blessed.”

The words of those women were ringing in his head. He started thinking about Dongwoo’s actions and his behavior. As much as he didn’t want to admit it Dongwoo was able to leave a long lasting impact on him.  He is always bubbly and full of optimism. Both of them had same target to help people, only the   way were different. Also, he was the one who initiated this campaign.

Before he could process what was really happening, he was already dragged by one of the kid to the middle of their game.

Hoya started to panic, “Ah…I don’t know to p..play! I better watch from side! You guys have fun.” He tried to back away but one little girl tugged his shirt, “I am not playing if ajusshi is not playing!” she pouted so cutely.

Hoya melted a little inside but still keeping his composure he replied, “I am not ajusshi! Call me oppa!”

“If you agree to play with me then only I’ll call you oppa!” 

Dongwoo tried to convince him as well. “It’s just a little game Hoya! No big deal! It’s not like we are going to meet these kids daily. Enjoy the moment when we can!”

It was true that they were not going to meet these children again. So he finally gave up and joined the team. Everyone cheered. “Yay! Hyung is finally playing!”

 

By the end of the day, they were so exhausted, little by making tents and little by playing with the children. But Hoya never felt this happy before and he had not smiled like this in a long while. He was thankful to Dongwoo for this.

“Hey! Hoya! How are you feeling? I mean you are not used to playing around…”

“It was amazing. Thanks Dongwoo hyung! You are an awesome person. The ajummas from earlier were praising you a lot!” Hoya blurted out all of a sudden which made Dongwoo flustered.

Dongwoo always thought that Hoya disliked him since he always created a space between them. Listening such words of praise from him made him feel…relieved.

“Thank you.” Dongwoo replied with a big smile on his face. “I am glad you enjoyed it. I was worried that you would be mad at me for causing you trouble.”

Since Hoya was a straight forward person, he had to clear the things between them. Else he would not feel comfortable around the other person. So, he voiced out his thoughts, “Hyung, to be very honest, I didn’t like you at first. But seeing you today made me feel that you just had the different way to approach the situation than me and you are not an irresponsible person as I had thought!”

“You thought me what! Though I keep on laughing, does not mean I am irresponsible. I just don’t want to see the sad faces of people and try to bring out the happiness in them.” Dongwoo defended himself.

“Sorry to think like that hyung. But your first impression left me having that thought. But I now understand you a bit and want to come over the awkward phase we had. So, friends!” Hoya called for a handshake.

Dongwoo shook the hand and slightly pulled the other boy to a warm hug, startling Hoya. After releasing the hug, he said “So this means we are good now right! I don’t like to be in the uncomfortable situation as well. Thanks for clearing the things.”

“Yeah, let’s make a new beginning from now on, hyung!” Hoya cheered.

“Sure. Let’s sleep for now. We still need to make more tents tomorrow and I bet the kids are going to include you in their little game.”

Both chuckled since they could still hear the loud laughter the kids made.

 

 


 

A/N: HAPPY 2000TH  DAY WITH INFINITE ♥ω♥    We wish to be together for many many days ahead!