CHAPTER 5

Silver Lining

Sunggyu was thankful that they could survive the earthquake but at the same time whenever he saw any news on the TV or heard something in the radio, he desperately wanted to reach out to them and provide any kind of aid he could. But he could not do anything by his own. So, he shared his thinking with Hoya. Hoya had the same thought as well.

“My heart too hurt a lot seeing the pain they are going through. I wish we could be of some use to them.”

Out of nowhere, Dongwoo appeared behind and said, “There is a saying God helps those who help themselves. I am sure if we initiate the activity, we would be able to help at least a few proportion out there.”

As much as both Sunggyu and Hoya disliked listening to the ridiculous talks of Dongwoo but this time his words really had positive vibes and they were like light in the dark.

Dongwoo continued, “I am sure many people share the mutual feeling so, if we take our thoughts into action, we can get a lot of support! So, lets start it within our group!” Dongwoo already made his way towards the small mass of people talking about the life now.

“Guys we know that we are so lucky to not suffer much loss, say physically or property wise. But there are many brothers and sisters who were not lucky as us. And, they are suffering a lot. The basic necessities of life- food, cloth and shelter have become huge obstacle for them. If we could even provide small help to them, won’t we feel blessed! The once rich people have come in road within few moments, once rich businessmen have become refugee of road. What’s the use of all the property when we are not even sure if we will live tomorrow?”

As soon as Dongwoo finished his little speech-type-thing, unexpectedly there were a mass of people who wanted to volunteer themselves to serve the needy.

Sunggyu was surprised to see the enthusiasm in people. He then proposed, “Lets form a team and divide the work among ourselves. Collect from those who are willing to give and analyze the most needy sector. We have to know what we have first so that, we can allocate it accordingly. We will need many volunteers to go to the site while we will also need some who will do the planning & the logistic works. Since we need proper planning to overcome the situation.”

Hoya suggested, “Since the roads out there are not in a good condition, we must be extra careful. So, we need a person who can be in touch with the up-to-date news about the situations throughout the places we go.”

N raised his hand to say, “Let me do the co-ordination. Since I am in-touch with the latest news and I have many friends in many parts of the nation.”

Hyuk joined in, “Let me help you hyung!”

Sunggyu spoke, “Okay, N & Hyuk in the planning division. Now, can anyone jot down the name and contact number of the interested volunteers.” 

 “I will take this task, hyung”, Sungyeol spoke.

“Good. Now we need someone to manage the donations, may be in the form of money or other things like food, clothes, trampolines, etc.”

“If you trust me, then can I take the responsibility?”, asked Insoo.

Sunggyu knew this guy & thought him trust-worthy, so he said with a smile, “Not a problem, Insoo-sshi. But since it will be a nerve-wrecking task, you can take help from someone else as well.”

Gunwoo raised his hand, “I will assist Insoo.”

“Now, does anyone have good public relation because we need to reach out to more people to make our motive known and congregate more resources.”

Onew hesitantly said, “I am not sure if I can assemble much possessions, but I can try at least.”

Sunggyu assured Onew, “None of us are professionals here Onew-sshi. Your willingness is the most that counts. Thank you.”

Onew smiled at the encouraging words and asked if its okay to get some help from his friends.

“Sure, you will certainly need more people to reach out to the wider mass. Feel free to bring in more to the team”, Sunggyu boosted.

“Then, I would like Minho, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin to join me, that is, if they agree”, he said looking forward to the said boys who nodded their head enthusiastically.

“Okay guys now lets meet tomorrow at 9 am here & discuss for the further processing. Thanks to all who are participating in this campaign”, Sunggyu finished with a 90 degree bow.

When everyone were dismissed, Sungjong cheered, “Woah~ Hyung, you were awesome!”

“He is my hyung afterall”, Myungsoo chirped in.

 


 

By the end of the day, they had lots of work to do. So, Kim Brothers, Lee brothers and Dongwoo sat for a  small discussion.

“Sunyeol-ah, can you give me the list of volunteers.”

Seeing the categories, he asked confused, “Yeol-ah, what is the division about? One-day? No problem?”

Sungyeol got up to him to explain, “Ah-these! I categorized as the volunteers who are willing to go out for a day only & the ones who have no problem travelling longer distances. Since the situation in the outskirts is very dangerous, some of them are not willing to go far. But at the same time, they want to do something as well. So, I categorized them in such way. The ones who want to go volunteering for a short distance so that, they can return home the same day are helpful as well since the others can only focus in the distant place. ”

Sunggyu listened him with admiration, “I had never thought about this. You are the in-charge of allocating volunteers.”

“But I want to go to the site as well”, Sungyeol whined.

Sunggyu chuckled a little seeing his cuteness. “Sure, you can go Yeolie. You can hand-over your task to someone else later.” Sunggyu pinched his chubby cheeks.

Myungsoo came forward furiously towards his hyung swatting his hyung’s hand from Yeol’s cheek. “Only I can call him Yeolie hyung, no one else!” And, he encircled his arms around his favorite hyung’s shoulder.

Sungyeol was looking on the floor to keep his red-face hidden while all the others were stunned by the sudden outburst.

 


 

A/N: I am sorry, there are no any fluffs and such here but some planning are needed so, yeah~  I will try to make it up in the next chappie :-D Please bear with me /puppy eyes/

Btw, some Inspirits during the tour made us so sad :(( The boys work so hard just for us without any rest and despite their injuries and sicknesses. The least we could do is support them to the fullest and show them our love XD