CHAPTER 6

Silver Lining

Next day, they were gathered together to discuss about the things in detail while Sunggyu’ s phone rang.

“Hey Gyu, where are you?”

“Oh, Doojoon ah! I am at the park. Come join us.”

 

When he approached, he saw some meeting going on. While he was fidgeting, Sunggyu called, “Hey, buddy! Come! Hi, Woohyun-ah!”

If only Woohyun was not so curious, he would be flying high listening his name being called by his crush. But he wanted to know what was happening so, he asked, “Hyung, what’s happening here?”

Sunggyu explained the situation and Woohyun immediately went to look out for Sungyeol to nominate his name for Volunteer.

 


 

While Sungyeol went to Sunggyu to handover the volunteer’s list, he asked if the responsibility can be taken by someone else. So, Sunggyu asked Gongchan if he was willing.

“Neh, Hyung! I would be more than glad if I could be of any use.”

While Sungyeol was explaining the things to Gongchan about the number of volunteers needed in different area, the necessities that must be carried by the volunteers and other matters, someone was on fire.

 

Myungsoo nudged Sungjong to ask, “Hey Jongie-ah! Is Yeolie hyung close with that guy?” He pointed an accusing finger to the said boy who was carefully listening to the responsibilities he had to handle.

“Nope! They just seems to meet today.” Sungjong shrugged.

Myungsoo was observing the two with the eagle eyes but he was about to explode when they HUGGED each other. They were freaking hugging~~ The jealousy and anger could not be contained anymore by his heart so, he sprinted off to Sungyeol.

“Hyung!” Myungsoo almost yelled.

“Oh, Myungsoo-ah. Come meet Gongchan! He is a nice kid! And this is Myungsoo.” Sungyeol introduced.

“Hello, I am Gongchan. I am going to look after Sungyeol hyung’s work from now onward. Please take care of me.” Gongchan said putting forward his hand for a handshake but Myungsoo just turned away from him pulling Sungyeol along.

Sungyeol was astonished to see this behavior from his sweet dongseang so, he yanked off his hand from Myungsoo’s grip.

“What are you doing Myungsoo? I was not done talking to Gongchan. And, what is with this attitude?” Sungyeol was out-raged as well.

This made Myungsoo look at Sungyeol with eyes full of tears which were now threatening to fall. Controlling his sobs, he voiced out, “Hyu…hyung prefers th…that boy to me!” He then left Sungyeol in the middle of nowhere and ran so fast to disappear in the crowd.

 


 

Sunggyu asked Sungyeol to make the chart of all the people and their duties.

Woohyun’s excitement was beyond boundary since he was in the same team as Sunggyu.

 

The elders around were pleased to see such righteous work being done by the children in their neighborhood. They also wanted to help in some way, so Sungyeol thought they could help them in packaging which was agreed by all.

 

Later at night, before Sungyeol went to bed, he felt like he missed something or rather someone. Thinking for a while, he remembered that tonight, Myungsoo had not sent a goodnight message. The younger used to send him a sweet message before bed time each night from when they had been close. As he recalled the events of today, he wondered why Myungsoo acted the way he did. Why was he so furious and why did he pull him from Gongchan. He felt guilty for the tears threatening to fall from Myungsoo’s eyes. So, he dialed a number.

The voice on the other end sound so husky, “Hello.”

“Um..Myungsoo! Are you asleep?”

“Now I am Myungsoo for you, hyung!” With this the call ended.

Not knowing what actually happened, Sungyeol called him again.

“Myungsoo-ah, are you mad at hyung. I’m sorry.”

“You called me Myungsoo-ah! I am not going to talk to you Yeolie hyung.”

Again the call ended abruptly.

“What’s with this kid. I don’t think I have done anything terrible for him to be mad at me like this.” Sungyeol was mumbling to himself.

He was thinking hard…what did I do? what did I do?

Ah!

Sungyeol called again, “Myungie, hyung is sorry. Mianhae. Can’t you forgive hyung, please.” Though he may be looking weird, he tried his best to sound cute since Myungsoo would not be able to see him.

“I am not angry with you now Yeolie hyung!” Myungsoo was squealing like a teenage girl who received a call from his crush. “Hyung, can we meet now at the park?”

“Now..its almost 11 pm.”

“Just for few moment, Yeolie hyung, please.”

Sungyeol readily gave in because secretly he also wanted the same. “Okay.”

 

Myungsoo came running to Sungyeol and hugged him so tight Sungyeol felt like he will be running out of breathe anytime soon. When they parted, Myungsoo stared in Sungyeol’s eyes deeply. Feeling slightly uncomfortable, he tried to change the topic.

“Myungie, why were you so angry before?”

Myungsoo was not sure if his reply would make him seem creepy. “Nope, I won’t tell.” He looked up. “Wow, hyung see! The stars are so beautiful.”

“Hey, don’t try to run away from the answer. I want to know the reason. Did I do something wrong?”

“Yes, it was your fault completely for being so attached with that new kid. You don’t know how jealous you made me!” Myungsoo wanted to voice out this but he rather chose, “No..no, hyung! Its nothing like that. Hyung, it’s getting cold. Let’s go in. See you later!” Once again Sungyeol was left there in a uncertain situation.

Sungyeol went home with a confused heart to meet Sungjong at the door.

“Hyung, where were you at this time of night?”

He was not in the mood to talk to the younger right now.

“Just outside.” He shrugged.

“Hyung, did anything happen between you and Myungsoo hyung?”

Now, this raised his interest.

“No. Why did anything happen?” Sungyeol wanted to know what made Myungsoo’s behavior to change.

Sungjong explained the situation. “He was running with tears in his eyes so, I stopped him to ask if everything was okay. He was sobbing so much that I could not make out what he said properly but I knew that he was being hurt by you choosing Gongchan over him.”

“I never did that”. Sungyeol protested.

“Maybe it was not your intention but he was not happy when he saw you hugging Gongchan.” Sungjong recalled his expression when Myungsoo had asked him about their relation.

Sungyeol thought about today’s events. Then, he typed,

Dear Myungie! You are the best dongseang I ever had. You have a special place at my heart which no one else can take J Don’t be jealous when I talk to others, okay! Sweet dream ^_^  

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Actually I was on a trip for 12 days so, I could not reach out to internet…huhu :’( But now I am finally back and here is the update! Hope you enjoy it. If my fatigue has caused any mistakes, please forgive me :))